• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM GET! Zelda pics.. HFS!

I don't mind a $199 price, but I'd like to then see Nintendo include somthing else in the hardware, even if its just a camera or something.

Anyways, I've seen the Zelda pics.

They look fantabulous, although I'd guess it's still specced for the GCN hardware.

Error2k4 said:
after sony conference Nintendo has to fucking come out blasting, Sony fucked up real bad now's Nintendo golden chance.
Bingo. No matter what they had planned, they have to make sure they capitalize on Sony's debacle. State how Sony took Nintendo innovation, and tried to incorporate it half-assed into its overpriced behemoth. Show off the games - Zelda, Mario, Metroid. Show other games that really take advantage of the new Wiimote. Make sure people know the price is affordable and that tons of old-school Nintendo games are available for a decent price. Go for the throat Nintendo.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
underfooter said:
I read all the clues and don't get it. Where can I see these pics! ARG!

(I just got unbanned so I've been behind)

Check yer PMs.

btrboyev

more bannage a'coming

the shots look great..nintendo really took their time and used the delay to better the game it seems. I was pissed at the delay last year, but now I'm very much glad they did.

Zelda footage is still hands-down the thing Im most interested to see tomorrow. Of course, that may change as all the new stuff is revealed- but for now, Zelda is all Ive seen.

pitt_norton

btrboyev said:
I was pissed at the delay last year, but now I'm very much glad they did.

I want you to remember that. Don't ever forget. Next time Nintendo delay something, I want you to remember this moment.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
So these sound quite awesome... Sure wish I could see them. Maybe a nice man will deliver it to a mailbox of mine of some sort...

Ecrofirt

I can't believe some of you haven't found those pictures yet. It's so strange.

Anyhow, those trees don't look 2D. The trunk looks 3D, while the leaf-bearing branches are probably 2D.

I think a speaker built into the controller is brilliant. Kudos to the person who thought of something so simple yet so possibly effective.

Krowley

yeah i think the speaker is a cool idea... tons of possible uses for it and it will help greatly in determining your movements.

I never would have guessed it though.

Emotions

Oh my Zelda looks gorgeous , so beautiful it's breath taking , that shot of link riding the horse and you can see the Hyrule castle from far away, it gave me chills.

On a side note there seems to be some Zelda PH footage too but it's just stuff from the trailer i think i like that title "the wind also wakes on the DS" . Oh so much joy , double Zelda pleasure.

pkasho

Didn't both OoT and WW get 40/40 on Famitsu? Maybe by 0-120 they're trying to say it's better than both OoT and WW haha~

btw, some regular channels have what some of you might be looking for now~

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Scalemail Ted said:
I think a speaker built into the controller is brilliant. Kudos to the person who thought of something so simple yet so possibly effective.

I think someone in the forums suggested this a while ago in some thread, I forget who though.

ndreamer

at first i thought it was a bit werid to include the speaker but it made since after i read this thread.

If the controlers use bluetooth whats stoping nintendo from making wireless head sets ?

I agree ... the speaker is a simple but really cool idea.

It just will give the games so much more "oomph".

Like the tennis game, it'll be cool to hear the tennis ball hitting the racket right from the controller.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
I saw the zelda screenshots and it looks very nice. Looking forward to some videos and gameplay feedback.

I'm also thinking about the speaker in the wiimote - it could be pretty fun for multiplayer FPS games too. Hearing the individual sounds of everyone's equiped weapon firing, maybe their screams of death etc. Will be interesting to see how this is demoed on the show floor and in the conference hall. I just worry that the speaker will be shitty quality

Taker666

I hope they make use of the Wiimote speaker in Pikmin 3.

Rather then having them go into there ships, you have to transfer them into the wiimote for storage.

Have the controller rumbling with Pikmin noises coming out of it so it appears they are contained within the controller. :lol

ndreamer

i don't think ill be able to stay up but i really want to so i see the surprises first hand instead of going to a website and seeing all these anouncements. Zelda is just getting more epic day by day.

The speaker in the controller is a great idea, lightsaber hum. The game is just begging to be made.

Zelda looks great, really looking forward to seeing the wolf mechanics in action and can't wait to go fishing once again. :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I really like the idea of the speaker... and that they are able to lay down the idea of the rumble pack but because of the pics: I think we should wait patiently, there were too much leaks anyway to satisfy your appetite.
*is going to bed*

How hillarious would it be if the Wii controller just started talking randomly when the system is turned off?

"You know you want to touch me" :lol

Another odd, but useful thing about the speaker is you could "page" your controller if it ever gets lost somewhere around the house (as small wireless remotes tend to do).

maxmars

Taker666 said:

Rather then having them go into there ships, you have to transfer them into the wiimote for storage.

Have the controller rumbling with Pikmin noises coming out of it so it appears they are contained within the controller. :lol

Or even a Geiger counter of some sort in a post-holocaust sci-fi game. :)

Taker666 said:

I'd love that. I like the idea of a controller being able to directly "communicate" with you, rather than the through the TV. So you're playing a 24 game and Chloe calls you, you hear it from your hands rather than just with the rest of the noise. Really nice touch, and a good idea.

I get the feeling Wario Ware could use it well.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm guessing the Navi will speak to you through the controller instead of from the TV

"Hey! Listen!"

Navi: Link! ... I want your coc --

Player: Did you hear that?

Friend on Couch: Hear what?

Player: I could've sworn ... nevermind.

:lol

I know Nintendo will never do it (well probably not), but there could be a real market for "adult" themed games with the system. They do want want non-gamers and older players right?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
soundwave05 said:
Navi: Link! ... I want your coc --

Player: Did you hear that?

Friend on Couch: Hear what?

Player: I could've sworn ... nevermind.

:lol
:lol the speaker in the controller sounds neat specially for a star wars game. :eek:

Saoh

OpinionatedCyborg said:
Ninja Gaiden graphics for Zelda? Maybe I'm exagerrating a little, but it looks great. And if you cannot find the pics, vous etes sourd muet.

yes, i am, ´cuz i cant find them!! T_T

Here's another interesting idea ... maybe you could have a game where the controller itself becomes like a character (say in an Arabian Nights type game, it's a genie trapped into the controller) ... and the controller then starts to talk to you

"I wouldn't do that if I were you ...."

etc.

Could be fun for a family or non-game type of thing.

I think Kojima will also love this idea.

Beezy

The Zelda pics were easier to find than I thought. :D The game looks better (to me) and using the bow and arrow looks fun.

When is this EGM issue supposed to officially be released? I haven't been emailed my digital copy yet.

ant1532

Banned
Beezy said:
The Zelda pics were easier to find than I thought. :D The game looks better (to me) and using the bow and arrow looks fun.

When is this EGM issue supposed to officially be released? I haven't been emailed my digital copy yet.
yea well they were a lot harder too find when they first came up lol. Koam bought it at a store, soo its out now.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
I like the idea of the pikmin/genie etc in the controller. The speaker + rumble system could be pretty cool: drills, guns, baseball, tennis, swords, com-system etc. I think it could be pretty fun in multiplayer especially - different gun sounds across the room, car horns going off etc.

But again - what kind of quality will the speaker be, how much control over the volume will you have, how will this affect battery life etc.

For some reason, I think the speaker is going to be one of the biggest surprises when "regular joes" pick up the controller for the first time.

I think it'll make them do a double take when they realize there's actually noise coming out of the controller itself.

Also for a Star Wars game ... I realized almost everyone has a natural inclination to make the lightsaber noises (while filming the movies, Lucas actually had to stop the actors from doing this, because the camera was picking up their lip movements) ... so having it build into the controller kinda negates that tendancy, heh.

ant1532

Banned
soundwave05 said:
I don't mind a $199 price, but I'd like to then see Nintendo include somthing else in the hardware, even if its just a camera or something.

Anyways, I've seen the Zelda pics.

They look fantabulous, although I'd guess it's still specced for the GCN hardware.
you dont mind a 200 price.... your acting like thats expensive :lol :lol

Taker666

MrSardonic said:
I like the idea of the pikmin/genie etc in the controller. The speaker + rumble system could be pretty cool: drills, guns, baseball, tennis, swords, com-system etc. I think it could be pretty fun in multiplayer especially - different gun sounds across the room, car horns going off etc.

But again - what kind of quality will the speaker be, how much control over the volume will you have, how will this affect battery life etc.

Well it will obviously reduce battery life, especially when combined with the rumble.
I would assume a constant buzz and rumble to emulate a lightsaber would drain the batteries very quickly....but it would be worth it.:)

Hopefully some sort of charging station will be included.

I can't see them putting in a speaker that isn't at least DS quality.

Top Bottom