• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM September 2008 Reviews and Rumors.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
I'm so pumped for skate 2. Were there screenshots in the mag? It seems like anyday now there should be an explosion of information. I'm just waiting...

FirewalkR

Duck said:
good god :lol

I read his post, loled, and wondered how he hadn't been banned yet. It was just a question of time. :lol

I'm not sure if it's ban-worthy though, despite the fact that such posts can derail a thread, I found it funny and laughed... no one seemed to care much, and the ban is derailing it more. :lol

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
FirewalkR said:
I read his post, loled, and wondered how he hadn't been banned yet. It was just a question of time. :lol

I'm not sure if it's ban-worthy though, despite the fact that such posts can derail a thread, I found it funny and laughed... no one seemed to care much, and the ban is derailing it more. :lol
Drinky is ever-banned, and yet ever-active.

Quazar

Deku said:
Whats the gist of the FFXI article? Fanboy apologia or fanboy rage?

I'm ready to make a thread for the article so XI fans don't miss it. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the interview word for word. Waiting for mods approval. Touches on next MMO a bit as well.

TDG

Banned
FirewalkR said:

He's not banned. It's just a tag.

hauton

On the Bungie multiplatform/PS3 thing, didn't Bungie admit that they had several projects ongoing? Some staff were tired of 6+ years of Halo, others wanted to do more?

We know one of them (MS-published Halo), but that doesn't exclude the other(s) from being multiplatform, or PS3, or 360 for that matter.

TxdoHawk

SuperSonic1305 said:
- Konami bringing back a retro classic in 2D. Not Bucky O' Hare or Biker Mice From Mars.

sunset-06.png

4 player online co-op, XBLA and PSN. Do it Konami.

DO IT

FirewalkR said:

You realize....

Duck said:
Seriously doubt it. I'm calling a spring 2009 release. Besides, I really don't want the skate series to churn out yearly sequels.

It was supposedly mentioned in the EGM that it's coming out this year. Hopefully it's true. I really don't see a problem with yearly sequels if it's as big of an improvement as that feature list shows.

DuckRacer

SolidSnakex said:
It was supposedly mentioned in the EGM that it's coming out this year. Hopefully it's true. I really don't see a problem with yearly sequels if it's as big of an improvement as that feature list shows.
I don't, either. I just worry about EA losing focus with skate and having it become the next Tony Hawk.

also, HOLY SHIT. I found movies from Skate 2 (or "Skate Deuce") from GameTrailers... from back in May.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Duck said:
I don't, either. I just worry about EA losing focus with skate and having it become the next Tony Hawk.

also, HOLY SHIT. I found movies from Skate 2 (or "Skate Deuce") from GameTrailers... from back in May.
Yeah those promotional videos were released a while ago. They don't show anything, but they're nice nontheless. They remind me of the "Danny Way's Thumb" videos from Skate 1. All the pros have a nice sense of humor.

I agree that I don't want to see this incredible franchise turn into Tony Hawk. I believe that Skate 1 has infinite replayability - I have played the game for over 200 hours no joke. While they can refine the gameplay in Skate 2 & future sequels, I think they should focus more on downloadable content providing new cities and skate spots - That's all that's really needed once the gameplay is perfected imo.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
SolidSnakex said:
Well, Mirror's Edge is no longer my most anticipated game this year.

woah, ME is being released this year?!

and as much as i love skate, i'd be willing to wait till q1 2009 to play it... i'd rather they take their time with the series and make each release something special.

Duck said:

EA seems to be willing to give their developers more breathing room now if they need it. So if skate.2 isn't in the shape that the team wants it in when its time to release then it'll probably be delayed. Still, I hope it comes out this year as long as it's not rushed.

jon bones said:
woah, ME is being released this year?!

Yep, sometime in November.

Quazar

Not sure if it was mentioned but Itagaki said he was supposed to make an announcement in July but there has been a lot of events lately so he was forced to push it back a month. And says he's sorry to the fans.

clashfan

Quazar said:
Not sure if it was mentioned but Itagaki said he was supposed to make an announcement in July but there has been a lot of events lately so he was forced to push it back a month. And says he's sorry to the fans.

Sounds like a new studio. Exciting!!!

Quazar

clashfan said:
Sounds like a new studio. Exciting!!!

After that was said he said: For now I'll just say that the great wide open sky is waiting for me, and I will return to it, and I hope everyone is looking forward to that. I want you to remember this: I'm never gonna let my plane take off unless I'm sure I'm going to win this fight.

[Nintex]

Quazar said:
After that was said he said: For now I'll just say that the great wide open sky is waiting for me, and I will return to it, and I hope everyone is looking forward to that. I want you to remember this: I'm never gonna let my plane take off unless I'm sure I'm going to win this fight.
So he's going to use Tecmo's money to build his new studio. I can already see him shit talking everything Tecmo releases :lol

Interviewer: "So the new Dead or Alive 5, what do you think?"
Itagaki: "They've turned DOA5 into Tekken I should sue them!"

Quazar

Uematsu dream project is to get Sakaguchi/Amano/Tanaka and all the old Square members back together again. "Our skills have grown a lot over the past 20 years, but our motivations toward making games haven't changed-in fact they might've even grown"

Amano: I'm down.

Nolan.

Quazar said:
Uematsu dream project is to get Sakaguchi/Amano/Tanaka and all the old Square members back together again. "Our skills have grown a lot over the past 20 years, but our motivations toward making games haven't changed-in fact they might've even grown"

Amano: I'm down.

Now the issue is where it will happen (square or Mistwalker) and who funds this project >_>, seriously though do it!.

SapientWolf said:
Not really. Why else would MS basically cut off their balls at E3?

This is wrong in two ways.

(1)Microsoft cannot control what Bungie announces if they're not publishing it, and they wouldn't publish a PS3 game, so Bungie could have said whatever they wanted.

(2)If you're trying to hint Microsoft is pissed at Bungie behind the scenes and is punishing them, how does that make sense? Would they really downplay and waste time hiding their last exclusive Bungie games?

Mamesj

Banned
Quazar said:

I can't tell if that means he's going to commit suicide because no one likes him or if he has cancer :(

we're rooting for you Itagaki.

yes, serious gaffers, i'm joking.

Even if i gave up games completely in the mean time, I'll gladly re-buy a system for his next game.

Zoso

RobertM said:
Skate 2? Fuck, I still can't beat that rob and big challenge.
lol. To be fair, it's probably the hardest challenge in the game(especially if you don't know your flip tricks yet). Just practice 360 flips until you got em' nailed and it should be a breeze.

They had 2-player Sunset Riders arcades, too. That's how I was originally introduced to it, via one in the front lobby of the local Wal-Mart.

RobertM

Zoso said:
lol. To be fair, it's probably the hardest challenge in the game(especially if you don't know your flip tricks yet). Just practice 360 flips until you got em' nailed and it should be a breeze.
And that's the problem, it's not precise cause I do the right motion and it does something else. Maybe 2 out of 10 times I am able to do the flip.

DuckRacer

So scans of the Skate 2 have leaked and there's more details. Apparently the lighting and character models are the big graphical improvements, and they're "thinking" about using the Burnout Paradise online system. Re: the city, the design has been tweaked a lot for usability and they're adding in non-city areas. And the PS3 version is in par with the 360 version.

The scans didn't have all the photos though, so I'll have to wait another week for my EGM to get here. :/

Top Bottom