• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM September 2008 Reviews and Rumors.

Wurm

Banned
- Konami bringing back a retro classic in 2D. Not Bucky O' Hare or Biker Mice From Mars.

Please be Rocket Knight Adventure. Please. It simply makes no sense that we've had the GBA come and go and now entering the final years of the DS and not even a PORT of the damn games!

saelz8

SuperSonic1305 said:
- Skate 2:

- Can get off your skateboard and push/pull objects to alter skate routes.
- Pedestrians move out of your way.
- No load times when teleporting to a session marker
- Play as a girl
- Tiger Woods-like character editor
- Default camera tweaked. New 3rd person camera
- Using EA's site for uploading videos again
- 60 fps
- Takes place 5 years later. City hit with unknown disaster and was rebuilt.
Damn nice!

just tray

Banned
As stated on Bungies weekly update

" "Microsoft remains our current publisher and partner. We’re not currently working with anyone else. "------ weekly update (today)

Now I know people will try and spin these words but you heard it straight from Bungie.
Partner and publisher kind of puts any other platform development rumors to rest.

just tray said:

" "Microsoft remains our current publisher and partner. We’re not currently working with anyone else. "------ weekly update (today)

Now I know people will try and spin these words but you heard it straight from Bungie.
Partner and publisher kind of puts any other platform development rumors to rest.

Read page four.

Johnkers

The Bookerman said:
Can you trust milky when it comes to Xbox 360 specific content though?

Wait, is Mielke pro or anti 360 now? You guys seem to flip flip so much I can't keep up!

edit: misspelling

The Bookerman said:
Can you trust milky when it comes to Xbox 360 specific content though?

Are you confusing Milkey with Shoe or Che? He's always been one of the most objective members of the staff in regards to platform, stop grasping at strings fanboy.

Anywho, the interviews sucked but what was said about Bayonetta?

Raein

Banned
EGM has been digging their own grave for the last four years or so. I got a free subscription to them for a year several months ago, and every issue I've gotten has been steadily worse and worse.

The rumor mill this month is ridiculously stupid. "Q-Man" just pulls stuff out of his ass, so that something is BOUND to be true eventually.

The reviews were on par with the rest of the industry for the most part...woo.

SolidSnakex said:
skate.2

- Can get off your skateboard and push/pull objects to alter skate routes.
- Pedestrians move out of your way.
- No load times when teleporting to a session marker

- Play as a girl
- Tiger Woods-like character editor
- Default camera tweaked. New 3rd person camera
- Using EA's site for uploading videos again
- 60 fps
- Takes place 5 years later. City hit with unknown disaster and was rebuilt.

:O

MUST NOT FAP!!! :O

Dr. Strangelove said:
Wat. Other than that-- sounds awesome.
I agree. It all sounds incredible, except for that one line. I'll be really bummed if the cities share the same architecture, only with a couple of potholes and broken windows. :/

The sense of discovery I got from the first game was incredible. Let this be the same.

just tray said:

Reminds me of Rare statements back in 2002 ("Our relationship with Nintendo hasn't changed in any way" "Business as usual").

TDG

Banned
The Bungie rumor is unreasonable for now, but it's silly to think that they'll be a MS exclusive forever. I'm sure at some point they'll go multiplatform, and I hope they do.

I really don't understand this whole thing with fanboys crying about this and that going multiplatform... I'd think that anyone who's a real Bungie fan would want Bungie games reaching more people, not fewer. I know I want more people to be able to appreciate their terrific games.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
the disgruntled gamer said:
The Bungie rumor is unreasonable for now, but it's silly to think that they'll be a MS exclusive forever. I'm sure at some point they'll go multiplatform, and I hope they do.

I really don't understand this whole thing with fanboys crying about this and that going multiplatform... I'd think that anyone who's a real Bungie fan would want Bungie games reaching more people, not fewer. I know I want more people to be able to appreciate their terrific games.
Not really. Why else would MS basically cut off their balls at E3?

TDG

Banned
SapientWolf said:
Not really. Why else would MS basically cut off their balls at E3?
Why would MS be able to cut off their balls if Bungie was multiplatform? Wouldn't it be Bungie/their new publisher's call? Bungie has said that right now they're only working with MS, and we know that Bungie must remain exclusive for a while as part of their deal. So yes, the rumor is unreasonable right now.

Busty said:
Who are you trying to convince here, us or yourself? It reads like the latter if I'm honest.

What would be the big deal if Bungie did decide to start developing multiplatform titles? While there are some technical limitations for developing across the HD consoles and PC I doubt a technically gifted developer like Bungie would really struggle that much in that regard.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that they aren't really interested in continuing with HALO titles beyond the one they have in development at the moment. So why not have them develop whatever for whomever they like?

Hmm. Looks like you read way more into my comments than was intended. I was just going by the current facts (which have been clarified by now in this very thread) that Bungie was working just with Microsoft.

Multiplatform Bungie wouldn't bother me. I've enjoyed the Halo titles, but if they were available on other platforms I wouldn't care. I just don't want to play soap opera speculation with the Bungie/MGS relationship. Its been highly beneficial in a financial sense for both, so those looking for a scandal are just fishing.

It looks like we're going to be getting some more skate.2 news soon

It's been a little quiet with the BB crew cranking on Skate 2. We should have something for you guys to look at before the end of the month.

The game is looking really hot right now, the team is once again proving they're one of the best in the biz. Wait 'til you see for yourself - the bar is gonna be raised once again.

Stay tuned - we're about to kick it all into gear again.

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=394091&start=15&tstart=0

That's from Scott Blackwood.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
- Konami bringing back a retro classic in 2D. Not Bucky O' Hare or Biker Mice From Mars.

Bucky O'Hare was pretty good, had a lot of key Treasure people developing the game too. Awesome music. But what would make this the best... 2D Jackal, would pretty much be the best thing ever.

Top Bottom