• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM September 2008 Reviews and Rumors.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jtyettis said:
What? Shane was saying this mulitplatform Bungie stuff in the 1up Show before E3 as well regardless of Fable 2, please.
So what? Why are you convinced the rumors are all the product of one person, and furthermore, one consistent person?

Of course they make up rumors. Do people really read the rumors section expecting 100% verifiable industry leaks?

FrankT

Y2Kev said:
So what? Why are you convinced the rumors are all the product of one person, and furthermore, one consistent person?

Of course they make up rumors. Do people really read the rumors section expecting 100% verifiable industry leaks?

Well that one is and it is a total crock regardless if Fable 2 was cooked up by Garnett or Shane for that matter. Doesn't even matter the rumors are lame either way.

One would expect them to do their homework enough that when the rumors hit they may not be totally nullified by previous announcements.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
SuperSonic1305 said:
Rumor Mill:
- Konami bringing back a retro classic in 2D. Not Bucky O' Hare or Biker Mice From Mars.

Please be Rocket Knight Adventures....Please be Rocket Knight Adventures.....

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Can't wait to read this issue

Too bad my post office sucks and I'll get it 3 weeks later!

Do people really think that Bungie will never make games for platforms other than 360? It's not like they are in best terms with platform holder anyway.

I agree we won't see that in next couple of years.

MirageDwarf said:
Do people really think that Bungie will never make games for platforms other than 360? It's not like they are in best terms with platform holder anyway.

No, but given their contractual obligations at the moment, the chance they are developing multiplatform games is lower than it will be a few years down the road.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jtyettis said:
Well that one is and it is a total crock regardless if Fable 2 was cooked up by Garnett or Shane for that matter. Doesn't even matter the rumors are lame either way.

One would expect them to do their homework enough that when the rumors hit they may not be totally nullified by previous announcements.

Do you not understand that print has practically a two month lead time?

You are completely missing the point. Which is impressive. Because EGM frequently has no point.

FrankT

Y2Kev said:
Do you not understand that print has practically a two month lead time?

You are completely missing the point. Which is impressive. Because EGM frequently has no point.

Which I already stated they probably did not have time to correct. Does not take away from the point of doing your homework thoroughly.

Hunahan

Banned
Who gives a shit about Shane's rumors.

1) Does Sakaguchi talk about Cry On and/or Mistwalker's next project?

2) Does Itagaki spill the beans on where he's headed next?

theBishop

Banned
SuperSonic1305 said:
- Bungie making multiplatform and PS3 games

explodinghead7wx.gif

FrankT

Luckyman said:
If Microsoft rejects the title they can go somewhere else.

Let's think about that for a second. A little difficult to reject a title you outright admit you (were) about to make an announcement for and IIRC it is more than just one title in the works with them.

mollipen

SuperSonic1305 said:
Izuna 2 - B-
Good: Devious gameplay, witty script
Bad: Dated visuals, unforgiving difficulty level

See, I actually thought that because of the new tag-team system, the game was a bit easier than I was hoping for.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Busty said:
Eventually? That's a certainty.

At the moment? I'd be very surprised.....
Eventually? I don't know. How fast can Bungie churn out 2 exclusive games (the contract) before this generation is over?

However, if Bungie switches sides later on, it wouldn't be a surprise. They already left Mac users in the cold once.

mr_nothin

Banned
Jtyettis said:
Well considering they announced that at E3 and giving the October release month yea I would say that is pretty safe bet at this point.
If it's done then why the wait for October?
And I'm sorry but announcements @ E3 are no where near concrete. Take bungie for example....and even Vavle. Hell even the company that made Fable 1.......

Busty

Banned
godhandiscen said:
However, if Bungie switches sides later on, it wouldn't be a surprise. They already left Mac users in the cold once.

Pretty much. It's the demands (or ebb and flow I suppose) of the current market. It seems that Bungie have the ambition to compete with the larger 'super developers' such as Valve.

The day when we see Bungie owning and exploiting their own IPs across all platforms will come. It's really just a matter of when rather than if IMHO.

Quazar

mr_nothin said:
And I'm sorry but announcements @ E3 are no where near concrete. Take bungie for example....and even Vavle. Hell even the company that made Fable 1.......

Because they're ironing out bugs. lol

FrankT

mr_nothin said:

Why October, hmm, lets think about it. Some retailers have LBP coming out the same day as Fable 2 or you can look at it vice versa, either way. Microsoft has their title for the month and so does Sony just like November. Not too difficult. They have also already announced the pre-order deal for next month, with the Fable 2 XBLA titles set for next month, and details on the Limited Edition. Hate to break it you, but it is October. Fable 2 is finished and set for October release seems pretty clear to me.

Just checked Gamestop and their date has now gone from placeholder of 10/01 to 10/21(same date as LBP per Target cards, Gamestop and Amazon) this would match up with the Amazon date as well.

goldenpp72 said:
bungie rumor must be shanes bitter tears over ff13

Yes. In under 2 weeks, Shane managed to stop the entire magazine cycle, go back and make a rumor in favor of the PS3, then print and ship the magazine. That fiend!

MirageDwarf said:

I agree we won't see that in next couple of years.

Taking away this recent situation with the announcement (its being blown WAY out of proportion imo), Bungie has been GREAT for MGS. But MGS has also been GREAT for Bungie. Seriously, can you name one other publisher that would've even attempted ad campaigns like those for Halo 2 and Halo 3? Bungie has REPEATEDLY stated that they have been a FANTASTIC partner to work with DURING development as well. The resources that MGS offer as a publisher are hard to match.

So the bigger question is why would they be in a hurry to leave MGS as a publishing partner? No, I see this relationship being as long lasting as Insomniac's has been with SCE. Its mutually beneficial in ways that those looking for a scandal choose not to acknowledge.

Bungie's going to get a dedicated even to show off their new games and IP's. I'm pretty sure that the HONEST disappointment they rightfully feel over what happened at E3 2008 will be all better soon enough.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Linkzg said:
Yes. In under 2 weeks, Shane managed to stop the entire magazine cycle, go back and make a rumor in favor of the PS3, then print and ship the magazine. That fiend!
So he only has mangod superpower when it favours your arguments huh? Pretty weak imo.

Busty

Banned
Darth Tigris said:
Taking away this recent situation with the announcement (its being blown WAY out of proportion imo), Bungie has been GREAT for MGS. But MGS has also been GREAT for Bungie. Seriously, can you name one other publisher that would've even attempted ad campaigns like those for Halo 2 and Halo 3? Bungie has REPEATEDLY stated that they have been a FANTASTIC partner to work with DURING development as well. The resources that MGS offer as a publisher are hard to match.

So the bigger question is why would they be in a hurry to leave MGS as a publishing partner? No, I see this relationship being as long lasting as Insomniac's has been with SCE. Its mutually beneficial in ways that those looking for a scandal choose not to acknowledge.

Bungie's going to get a dedicated even to show off their new games and IP's. I'm pretty sure that the HONEST disappointment they rightfully feel over what happened at E3 2008 will be all better soon enough.

Who are you trying to convince here, us or yourself? It reads like the latter if I'm honest.

What would be the big deal if Bungie did decide to start developing multiplatform titles? While there are some technical limitations for developing across the HD consoles and PC I doubt a technically gifted developer like Bungie would really struggle that much in that regard.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that they aren't really interested in continuing with HALO titles beyond the one they have in development at the moment. So why not have them develop whatever for whomever they like?

Pewp said:
Is everyone actually complaining about the rumors in the magazine? Thats pretty bad.
When they're rumours you've pulled out of a hat rather than some hint at insider info... yeah, I'm complaining.

[Edit... not you, obviously - you know what I mean. :D ]

Top Bottom