• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM September 2008 Reviews and Rumors.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Busty said:
Eventually? That's a certainty.

At the moment? I'd be very surprised.....

That is what people are missing. 'making' could mean a ton of things. 'Making' could mean they have a white board full of ideas up right now and 2 years from now they will actually start programming.

DuckRacer

Pewp said:
Is everyone actually complaining about the rumors in the magazine? Thats pretty bad.
Yes, because the OP gave us jack shit when it comes to info from the interviews and Skate 2, and rumors are one of the more interesting things EGM does.

Calcaneus

Psychotext said:
When they're rumours you've pulled out of a hat rather than some hint at insider info... yeah, I'm complaining.

[Edit... not you, obviously - you know what I mean. :D ]
Is there not a rumor of Bungie going multi-platform going around?

Why is everyone complaining about the rumors? Would you idiots rather they just made shit up to appease you? Christ, you people.

Now post the damn Skate 2 information! >:|

Pojo

Banned
SoulCalibur IV - A, B+, B+
Good: Extreme fun and value
Bad: Darth Vader is pretty lame

Ooooooh, extreme fun! Video game journalism at its finest! But is that better than awesome fun or extremely fun?

godhandiscen said:
So he only has mangod superpower when it favours your arguments huh? Pretty weak imo.

Shane hasn't had powers for a long while. It is like Meteor Man. Shane touched a rock to lose his powers, then Garnett gained them from that same rock. Garnett wouldn't abuse his powers like that.

Guybrush Threepwood said:
How many pages are there?

*Hopes for 200+*

The interviews aren't anything that interesting. Sakaguchi talks about his time at Square and how it was like when he started. Itagaki talks about choosing the 360 because it was easier to develop for and that he is spending his time now drinking, gambling, taking pictures and building model trains.

Quazar

This month is so full of goodies but none has been posted. The rumor bumps are killing me!

edit: nothing interesting....? Anything Sakaguchi says is interesting! :p And wtf at Itagaki :lol

mollipen

Pojo said:
Ooooooh, extreme fun! Video game journalism at its finest! But is that better than awesome fun or extremely fun?

I don't think you're understanding what they're saying. They're not saying that the game is fun to an extreme degree, but that the game is EXTREME!!! *crazy camer movements* fun.

SuperSonic1305 said:

The interviews aren't anything that interesting. Sakaguchi talks about his time at Square and how it was like when he started. Itagaki talks about choosing the 360 because it was easier to develop for and that he is spending his time now drinking, gambling and building model trains.
:lol

skate.2

- Can get off your skateboard and push/pull objects to alter skate routes.
- Pedestrians move out of your way.
- No load times when teleporting to a session marker
- Play as a girl
- Tiger Woods-like character editor
- Default camera tweaked. New 3rd person camera
- Using EA's site for uploading videos again
- 60 fps
- Takes place 5 years later. City hit with unknown disaster and was rebuilt.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperSonic1305 said:

The interviews aren't anything that interesting. Sakaguchi talks about his time at Square and how it was like when he started. Itagaki talks about choosing the 360 because it was easier to develop for and that he is spending his time now drinking, gambling and building model trains.

God damn gaming journalists. They know what we want to hear. FUCKING ASK THE QUESTIONS. IF YOU GET BLOWN OFF, ASK AGAIN.

Details: Cry On, LO2, future projects... Motherfuckers.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
schuelma said:
I don't remember where, but I thought I remembered reading where EGM admits they make up some of the rumors and sprinkle in some stuff they really think is happening.

I think the whole Player One crew has copped to quartermann BS at one time or another during their time at EGM.

Hey Skip, any idea of when 1UP Show is or Yours is going up?
truly101 said:
I think the whole Player One crew has copped to quartermann BS at one time or another during their time at EGM.
Player One has confessed to a lot of awesome stuff, like the three or four-man reviews actually written by one person sometimes. :lol

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
SuperSonic1305 said:
- Skate 2:

- Play as a girl
- 60 fps
Everything sounds fantastic except that last one. I was hoping for a new city. Hopefully it's not too similar, seeing as I've already thrashed San Vanelona for upwards of 200 hours.

skip said:
some awesome nitpicking happening here. SUMMER DOLDRUMS.

We're right though, you know that Skip.

Those rumors are ass, and if that Gooch interview doesn't mention future projects, then it fails as well.

I mean, I'm sure it's a good read, but everyone is wondering what the hell Mistwalker is really doing right now.

And it's bloody hot in Florida.

Pojo said:
SoulCalibur IV - A, B+, B+
Good: Extreme fun and value
Bad: Darth Vader is pretty lame

at least the combat wasn't described as visceral.

theBishop

Banned
Zoso said:
Everything sounds fantastic except that last one. I was hoping for a new city. Hopefully it's not too similar, seeing as I've already thrashed San Vanelona for upwards of 200 hours.

Yeah, I'd like to see them get the formula right before turning it into Tony Hawk: Armageddon.

skip

gregor7777 said:

Those rumors are ass, and if that Gooch interview doesn't mention future projects, then it fails as well.

I mean, I'm sure it's a good read, but everyone is wondering what the hell Mistwalker is really doing right now.

I'm talking about the thrilling extreme vs. extremely debate.

DuckRacer

- Skate 2:

- Play as a girl
- 60 fps
OH MY GOD YES

Game of the year 2009.

Zoso said:

The on foot stuff is the only thing i'm worried about. I knew it'd be in it but the way Tony Hawk did it just worries me. TH's on foot movement was so damn horrible. So hopefully they'll give proper weight to the skate.2 characters.

Eric WK

SuperSonic1305 said:
- Skate 2:

- Play as a girl
- 60 fps

Can't wait.

Nolan.

gregor7777 said:

Or at the very least hint at some, come one where's cry-on.

Shadowlink123 said:
Negaiido
(Today, 10:23 AM)

Anyways, wasn't Banjo kazooie confirmed to use the stop and swap?
Based on what they've said on past EGM Lives and GFW Radios, this issue was probably finished around the time the Killzone issue hit newsstands. So yeah, we know almost all of these rumors are true, but they were still rumors when it was written.

DuckRacer

SolidSnakex said:
The on foot stuff is the only thing i'm worried about. I knew it'd be in it but the way Tony Hawk did it just worries me. TH's on foot movement was so damn horrible. So hopefully they'll give proper weight to the skate.2 characters.
The problem with Tony Hawk's on foot stuff is that it's absolutely pointless and the "tricks" you can do on-foot are ridiculously stupid. Besides, I'd think Skate 2 would add proper weight to the movement because it's more of a realistic game – Tony Hawk isn't.

skip

Struct09 said:
Understandable, we did get 3 shows last week.

*puts pitchfork away*

we've got video guys down in san diego for comic-con, I think you'll see some of that next week.

I AM JOHN! said:
Based on what they've said on past EGM Lives and GFW Radios, this issue was probably finished around the time the Killzone issue hit newsstands. So yeah, we know almost all of these rumors are true, but they were still rumors when it was written.
ok also was Banjo tooie confirmed to come on XBLA?

Top Bottom