• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM September 2008 Reviews and Rumors.

Does it really matter if Bungie makes a PS3 game? Looking at the FFXIII on 360 announcement, I learned from the fanboys at E3 that it wouldn't matter and it's not considered a loss for the system since the game would still be coming to 360. So what's the big deal, right?

Start putting current rumors on website on official newsstand day of EGM. In this internet time, advance printing of magazine renders rumors useless.

Shadowlink123 said:
ok also was Banjo tooie confirmed to come on XBLA?
I don't know; I heard a ton of conflicting info about it and what Stop 'n Swop is going to be used for (I've heard people say it'll be for a Banjo-Tooie port, but I've also heard people say it'll be for Nuts and Bolts).
skip said:
garnett
shane
me
john
david ellis

2:37
Oh hey, I forgot I was on!!

Ah fuck this, I'm bored of this game :p

Hunahan

Banned
SuperSonic1305 said:
The interviews aren't anything that interesting. Sakaguchi talks about his time at Square and how it was like when he started.
boooo.

gregor7777 said:
God damn gaming journalists. They know what we want to hear. FUCKING ASK THE QUESTIONS. IF YOU GET BLOWN OFF, ASK AGAIN.

Details: Cry On, LO2, future projects... Motherfuckers.
this.

SuperSonic1305 said:
Itagaki talks about choosing the 360 because it was easier to develop for and that he is spending his time now drinking, gambling, taking pictures and building model trains.
wtf.

disappointment..

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Those reviews are weird....

with that NCAA score as the highlight of weirdness. Especially when you've played this year's madden as well.

Ariexv

OldJadedGamer said:
Does it really matter if Bungie makes a PS3 game? Looking at the FFXIII on 360 announcement, I learned from the fanboys at E3 that it wouldn't matter and it's not considered a loss for the system since the game would still be coming to 360. So what's the big deal, right?
People can try to kid themselves all they want but being exclusive really does mean a decent difference from being Multi-platform. Last month people were talking about how XIII exclusive would open the floodgates to JRPGs for the Ps3.....now suddenly the exclusivity doesn't matter? The consoles need to stay different and separated, there needs to be competition.

Also doesn't MS still own like 45% stock in bungie or something?

Luckyman

Banned
Jtyettis said:
Let's think about that for a second. A little difficult to reject a title you outright admit you (were) about to make an announcement for and IIRC it is more than just one title in the works with them.

Uh, of course EGM can't be talking about a Halo game which was about to be announced. That´s not even possible to be multiplat.

_Angelus_

Banned
Bungie making games for other platforms?
Jesus Christ, EGM.
Have some pride in what you report(even if it is made up)...fuck.

Nolan.

Ariexv said:
People can try to kid themselves all they want but being exclusive really does mean a decent difference from being Multi-platform. Last month people were talking about how XIII exclusive would open the floodgates to JRPGs for the Ps3.....now suddenly the exclusivity doesn't matter? The consoles need to stay different and separated, there needs to be competition.

Also doesn't MS still own like 45% stock in bungie or something?

Really? never heard about that.

Quazar

When will Sakaguchi and other interviews be posted on 1up? I just now received my Killzone2 issue in the mail so doubt I'll be able to read it for awhile. Will the east and west round table be on 1up as well?

FrankT

Luckyman said:
Uh, of course EGM can't be talking about a Halo game which was about to be announced. That´s not even possible to be multiplat.

Of course not, so Microsoft rejected one of there other two projects there working on then.

DancingJesus said:
Taken from the latest Bungie Weekly Update 7/25/08:

"Alec9224 asks: Will anymore maps get the Hardcore overhaul? And just wondering, who is this new publisher Bungie is working with?

Shishka has some nifty overhauls planned for the existing map layouts in Halo 3. He’s not quite ready to take it out of the oven, but rest assured, the center is delicious and gooey.

Microsoft remains our current publisher and partner. We’re not currently working with anyone else. "

So unless Microsoft is publishing a game on PS3 - it isn't happening. Don't fuel the fire.

The 1up Yours lineup sounds awesome though.

Guess not.

fatboyee said:
MS has first right of refusal on ALL Bungie products. It's not just the next few.

Certainly didn't know that.

hie said:
there will be much crow eating from this thread. :lol

the Bungie rumor isn't....that crazy.

"Alec9224 asks: Will anymore maps get the Hardcore overhaul? And just wondering, who is this new publisher Bungie is working with?

Shishka has some nifty overhauls planned for the existing map layouts in Halo 3. He’s not quite ready to take it out of the oven, but rest assured, the center is delicious and gooey.

Microsoft remains our current publisher and partner. We’re not currently working with anyone else. "

So unless Microsoft is publishing a game on PS3 - it isn't happening. Don't fuel the fire.

The 1up Yours lineup sounds awesome though.

hie

DancingJesus said:

they most likely are "not currently working WITH anyone else"....says nothing about them not working on other hardware at the moment, does it?

this rumor did not originate from EGM. that's all...

Busty

Banned
DancingJesus said:

Microsoft remains our current publisher and partner. We’re not currently working with anyone else. ".

Sort of answered your own question there.

Rumours should be taken as nothing more informed speculation. Basically EGM should change the title of their rumour section from QM to 'Don't Quote Us.

Bungie may not have a game grace the PS3, but I personally have no doubt that Bungie will have a game on a PlayStation system. Eventually.

hie said:
they most likely are "not currently working WITH anyone else"....says nothing about them not working on other hardware at the moment, does it?

What? It means exactly what it says, Microsoft is the only one publishing any Bungie game - AS of right now. I'm not saying it won't ever happen but none of their current games are being published by a third party.

Nolan.

hie said:

Yes! Halo for ps3 published by ms now everyone can enjoy the marvellous series.

hie

DancingJesus said:
What? It means exactly what it says, Microsoft is the only one publishing any Bungie game.

:lol

ever?

he seems to be a bit specific there. i have a feeling if they were asked "are you working on any other hardware at the moment?"...you'd get a pretty vague answer.

hie

DancingJesus said:
They already said they are working on a title that isn't Halo. Stop with your elusive crap and I didn't say ever, read my post.

i meant to quote Nolan. it wasn't directed at you...

FrankT

hie said:
why does Bungie only have to make a Halo game? i don't get it....

For the record, we have no plans to make any big announcements or huge reveals at PAX this year. While we will have some Halo 3 multiplayer stuff for you to check out, this is not going to be the "big announcement" many of our fans are clamoring for. Rest assured that when the time is right, we will be making announcements and talking about the stuff we're currently working on. At the moment we do have three distinct projects underway within Bungie - some familiar, some not. Some on a closer horizon, some quite far off

Deosn't sound like that is all they are working on atm.

The only possible loophole in what Luke said is that if Bungie published it's own game then it could technically be on a different platform.

hie

DancingJesus said:
The only possible loophole in what Luke said is that if Bungie published it's own game then it could technically be on a different platform.

and i'm just saying that could happen.

it's odd that it seems so out of the question here. i mean..i can understand, but it's a business.

hie said:
and i'm just saying that could happen.

it's odd that it seems so out of the question here. i mean..i can understand, but it's a business.

The main reason I think its out of the question is because Brian Jarrard said the next few Bungie titles (after them seperating from Microsoft) would be 360 exclusive.

hie said:
:lol

ever?

he seems to be a bit specific there. i have a feeling if they were asked "are you working on any other hardware at the moment?"...you'd get a pretty vague answer.
Blank-Picard_Facepalm.jpg

Fady K

The new issue has a kickass design, but the interviews really disappoint =(

Good to see Soul Calibur IV doing good. Still cant wait to try out Darth Vader.

Did they add anything to their claim of 32 characters in SCIV? Or was that statement on the cover the only mention? (Not counting that more Star Wars characters rumor...)

*waits for Hwang as DLC....*

Top Bottom