• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#EGX London 2014 || The Event Formerly known as Eurogamer Expo

Spookie

Ed Note: Sorry the thread is three weeks late this year guys, I've been struggling to move house for the first time and I've only just had time to sit down all month. Sorry I haven't had time to do new banners and such. :(

header.jpg

So it’s that time of year again. Where we all through all the stages of Expo grief: From hyperactivity and rattling from 9kg of sugar and caffeine. To incredibly jaded by day two from all the big games being huge disappointments (
TITANFALL
) and by day three and four- husks of people with blisters the size of boulders from walking 90km.

Travel: It's London… Ok nearest station is Earls Court (over the road- underground) and West Brompton which is an overground.
Date: 25th to 28th September
Tickets: http://egxlondon.net/tickets - Couple of day tickets left for Thursday and Friday but mostly everything has ran out. I did warn you to buy early last year!

So the biggest change to last year is the new consoles are out and we are now in that period where the second generation of exclusives are in the pipeline finally making use of the new hardware. This year may well be the last hurrar of the last gen consoles as they shuffle off their mortal coil. Rezzed has grown again accommodating more dirty SJW’s destroying gaming. Oh and Prison Architect is back for it’s 90th year.

Again after last year expect queues.

what.jpg

Games Highlights include:

Bloodborne PS4
Driveclub PS4
Forza Horizon 2 Xbone
Sunset Overdrive Xbone
Alien: Isolation Multiplat
Dead Island 2 Multiplat

Rezzed highlights include this year:

Gang Beasts by Boneloaf
Volume by Mike Bithell
Flockers by Team 17

Full list is located here: http://egxlondon.net/whats-on/show-floor

devsess.jpg

EGX Developer conferences will be coming soon.
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/530580/Eurogamer Expo 13/Thread/meets.jpg

meets.jpg

First things first before I continue:

***Wagamamas THE FOODENING - Friday Night. 7:30pm. Earls Court Road. The prequel to the UK GAF meet up on Saturday.***

Yep, same again as last year. :D

On Saturday there is the, quickly becoming yearly, BritGAF meet up.

tips.jpg

Same routine as last year though except hashtag this year is #GAFEGX14. I’ll reiterate what I said last year: “I'll leave that to everyones discretion. I know guys/gals are coming with friends, partners and family and might not want to meet up.” I’ll set up a whatsapp group closer to the date for those who have issues getting signal (ie: fucking everyone due to 300k people all trying to use their phone at once).

As a general rule of thumb most of us queue up at 8am to get in for 10am due to the queues getting hilariously big these days. I’m sure Mike will wear an equally embarrassing GAF t-shirt this year so we can identify him. ;)

If you're a first timer and have any questions feel free to ask. As a general rule of thumb: please watch your hygiene. I know most of you are upstanding folk but: Alcohol gel and deodorant are a must. It's not much but we can all do our part and set a good standard for those uncivilized cunts. It also helps make sure you don't fall foul to the EG post pox.

As for other tips:
- Bring a bag with water in, you're in a hot room and will become dehydrated. It also gives you a place to put all the lewt you'll be given.
- Prepare for dev sessions. Queues can be long for more popular folks, plan your time accordingly so you don't miss out.
- Don't hog games. We're all exciting to see things and some PR peeps might be too kind to usher you on but please be considerate to your fellow gamer.
- Remember to charge your phone and if you can bring a spare battery.
- Keep valuables close. There was some unsavory folks last year taking anything that isn't bolted down. So if you do have to put your bag down keep it between your legs.
- Enjoy yourself. The queues normally aren't so bad, so take your time to see things and watch out for ickle gamers who might be running about on the weekend.

I'll be there with 3 friends on the Friday (Couldn't get Saturday tickets sadly) and I'll have my HaloGAF tshirt on. So pumped to play the MCC, Sunset Overdrive, more Horizon, Alien etc.

Should be a good day!

Have Sat and Sun tickets but am taking my 9 yr old son, so no over 18 games for me.
On a different note, Nintendo are releasing the list of games tomm that will be at the show.

goonergaz

Going on the Thursday got some early pass tickets...have 2 spare if anyone's interested in meeting up - would appreciate something towards the tickets:)

openrob

Excited as it's my first time to the event. Prob only going on Saturday. Not traveling there with anyone.Looking forward to what Nintendo is gonna reveal for their line up.

See ya there I guess!

Xun

Not going this year since there's not many games I want to check out this year, but I should be up for the meetup after.

openrob

Thought I would post Nintendo's line up for this year

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-19-nintendo-brings-huge-line-up-to-egx-london

This year visitors will be able to feasts their hands on a rich smorgasbord of Nintendo treats, devouring demos of Super Smash Bros., Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Hyrule Warriors. And that's just the Wii U line-up.

3DS fans will also be able to sample Super Smash Bros. on the dual-screen handheld ahead of its 3rd October release, as well as Ultimate NES Remix and Monster Hunter 4.

Carl

I'll be there saturday and sunday! If anyone sees me around (if you follow me on twitter @PooWithEyes you'll know what i look like) then gimme a shout :)

Looking forward to quite a few things this year. Some indie games that will be fun to try (as always). Might have to give Sunset Overdrive a go too. Also, Bloodborne isn't really my kind of thing but if the queue isn't insane i'll try that

Seanspeed

Banned
Going on Thursday. Wish I'd gotten tickets earlier and I might have gone two days.

Really want to see:

- Whatever Oculus demos they've got.

- Bloodborne

- Project Cars

- Sunset Overdrive

- Lords of the Fallen

- The Order

- Dying Light

- Shadows of Mordor

- The Evil Within

These aren't necessarily all my most anticipated games, but many are ones that I'm interested in checking out myself.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Have early entry Thursday and Friday tickets - is it really necessary to get here for 8am even on Thursday? Is it driveable at all? I seem to remember Earl's Court is just outside of the congestion zone but I'm guessing parking is a mare?

Any info on dev panels or talks? Fingers crossed I'll be done on the Thursday so if I come back on Friday will be down to what other things they have going on.

Lastly, if I don't come on the Friday, can anyone else use my ticket?nmy son has an inset day so will be off school - if I'd known I would have bought two tickets :(

I'd normally ignore games coming out really soon, but I'm curious to see if they have driveclub wheel setups. Partly to see what the higher end thrustmaster wheels are like, and partly to piss myself off that I won't have one :p

King_Moc

Banned
I'm there on the Saturday for my 5th one, (thanks to rauper for the ticket).

Not really sure what I'm most looking forward too. Driveclub and The Evil Within maybe.

JohnBoyAdvance

Neo Member
Gonna be there Friday early bird. Looking forward to Mortal Kombat X, Bloodborne, WWE2K15 and Sonic.

Then swag shopping.

Hopefully not gonna waste the entire early bird queueing for a game. It was spent on Bayonetta 2 last year.

Bobnob

Could someone grab some gameplay footage of Pcars on the X1, i believe its the first time it will be seen.

Seanspeed

Banned
Could someone grab some gameplay footage of Pcars on the X1, i believe its the first time it will be seen.
You're not gonna be able to tell the small differences between it and the PS4 version over a camera phone. Just take the PS4 version and assume it will be slightly downgraded from that.

If its the only version available, I'll report impressions of it, though.

goonergaz

Have early entry Thursday and Friday tickets - is it really necessary to get here for 8am even on Thursday? Is it driveable at all? I seem to remember Earl's Court is just outside of the congestion zone but I'm guessing parking is a mare?

I'm driving in and parking at the event (cost £26 ish). It's apparently outside the congestion zone, I'm hopeful the traffic won't be too bad but I'm taking the risk as train prices are rediculous!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm driving in and parking at the event (cost £26 ish). It's apparently outside the congestion zone, I'm hopeful the traffic won't be too bad but I'm taking the risk as train prices are rediculous!

Thanks. Hmm, how shitty will M4/A4 be at 7.30 in the morning? Might just train it in from slough

Emouse

I'll be there Sunday with a couple of friends, looking forward to getting some hands on with Bloodborne and Smash Wii U

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is anyone going to the #EGX after party on Saturday night at the namco place? Its sold out now but I'm going :)

Going to the cooler party with BritGAF.

A Namco party? What will they play as musi.c? iDOLM@STER music? HA HA HA! nerds.

Audioboxer

Going to the cooler party with BritGAF.

A Namco party? What will they play as musi.c? iDOLM@STER music? HA HA HA! nerds.

It's a 3 floor building they have with pool tables, arcade machines and bars. Official EGX after party sponsored by Twitch.

I'll be there with 3 friends on the Friday (Couldn't get Saturday tickets sadly) and I'll have my HaloGAF tshirt on. So pumped to play the MCC, Sunset Overdrive, more Horizon, Alien etc.

Should be a good day!
I'm a friend. Looking forward to the games. Good call about the alcohol gel, will get some of that.

Games I'm hoping to play: Shadow of Mordor, Bloodborne, Galak-Z, Hotline Miami 2, The Evil Within, Sunset Overdrive, Never Alone, Elite Dangerous, Heat Signature, Beyond Eyes, Calvino Noir, The Order: 1886.

Bloody hell, that's a lot of games. I'm expecting to lose out on Bloodborne, Sunset Overdrive, and The Order: 1886 cause they might have long lines.

Already played: Alien Isolation, Assault Android Cactus, Broforce, Cloudbuilt, Dying Light, Murasaki Baby, Sleeping Dogs, Metro, Speedrunnners, Super Exploding Zoo, Tri, Gang Beasts, Monstrum, Velocity 2X, Volume (although new build and wasn't good at it at Rezzed so will give it another go).

Kyonashi

Helped set up the Nintendo booth today as I'm working it this weekend, anyone got any questions about the show floor?

The Total War booth was taped up so I couldn't see the title...

Astrates

This weekend will be the first time in 5 years I haven't attending, quite sad really I dint be there. Love it every year!

Lucius86

Banned
Can only make Sunday afternoon, but hopefully this will be fun!

Any stand outs from this year's show? I'm gutted I'm missing The Witcher 3 dev session on Saturday.

Top Bottom