• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#EGX London 2014 || The Event Formerly known as Eurogamer Expo

Is the Witcher 3 panel showing any new exclusive stuff? Can I miss it to just play more games?

People can catch me in an awesome Wolfenstein The New Order shirt lol, repping my GOTY. Going on Saturday.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
I was thinking of skipping the event this time after seeing its quality dive over the last three years, then I was given some freelance work this week so I'm definitely staying home. If you're wanting to get in to see a presentation, you should queue an hour or two before entry to guarantee a seat as much as possible. You'd think they would handle that better but they don't.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I was thinking of skipping the event this time after seeing its quality dive over the last three years, then I was given some freelance work this week so I'm definitely staying home. If you're wanting to get in to see a presentation, you should queue an hour or two before entry to guarantee a seat as much as possible. You'd think they would handle that better but they don't.

Wow, really? That's a big chunk out of the day. Might just catch up on twitch when I get back. Will check out the yogcast guys just to see if I can get anything for my son

Nuborn

Gonna be there on Saturday, main targets to play are Bloodborne and Halo MCC, Witcher 3 Theater demo is a maybe if its new stuff.

Hotline Miami 2 is on at the PS booth and not Rezzed, weird.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
Wow, really? That's a big chunk out of the day. Might just catch up on twitch when I get back. Will check out the yogcast guys just to see if I can get anything for my son

I queued for over an hour and a half to watch Kojima talk and I was a few people away from entry before being turned away. I am not happy with how the event is managed these days compared to a few years ago in a smaller venue. I would have gone to play Bloodborne alone but I just don't want to deal with it this week. Take water, manage your time well and don't expect any help from the assistants other than rough directions.

Edit: Another thing I'm not happy with is how they sell out of tickets months before any scheduling is announced. This is a big problem for wanting to see a dev session on a day you aren't attending and there are no tickets available to swap for. There's no user based method of swapping tickets either.

Edit: Another thing I'm not happy with is how they sell out of tickets months before any scheduling is announced. This is a big problem for wanting to see a dev session on a day you aren't attending and there are no tickets available to swap for. There's no user based method of swapping tickets either.
They're just following the preorder tactics of big publishers!

Yeah, bothers me too.

So I will attend this for the first time, how long do you reckon the waiting lines will be for games like Bloodbourne or the Order?

I will be there on Friday all day

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My tactic (if you can ever really have one) is to use my early bird access to get to see a couple of mass appeal games that I think will be snowed under later in the day. Then after those queues get too long, wander upstairs and hope the indie section is being relatively ignored..

Seanspeed

Banned
from 8am? How long does it take to get in? I was planning on getting a day ticket to get in at 11am but not if takes 2 hours of waiting.
I think all that's left are 2PM-7PM tickets for today.

I'm gonna be there at 10 for an 11AM entry. Don't know how smart that is, but I refuse to get there 2 hours early in the case that I didn't actually have to be there so soon. Bringing my Kindle along....

mrklaw

MrArseFace
WHO'S READY FOR TODAY?! Me and mike will be queuing from about 8am today if anyone wants to join us.

Leaving now. Just noticed that Google is estimating a 1 hr 10 min journey which without traffic would take about 25 mins. Still better than the train though.

Spookie

I'm gonna be there at 10 for an 11AM entry. Don't know how smart that is, but I refuse to get there 2 hours early in the case that I didn't actually have to be there so soon. Bringing my Kindle along....

If you're going today the earlier the better, more chance of seeing everything in a day and a half! :D

Guys, first timer here. Will have 9 yr old son with me. Have 10am early access tickets for Sat and Sun. Do I really need to get there really early to get in for 10? Even though it is a different queue? Have 2 3ds locked and loaded to keep him amused but still he will moan like fuck if it takes that long to get in.

Spookie

Guys, first timer here. Will have 9 yr old son with me. Have 10am early access tickets for Sat and Sun. Do I really need to get there really early to get in for 10? Even though it is a different queue? Have 2 3ds locked and loaded to keep him amused but still he will moan like fuck if it takes that long to get in.

There is a seperate queue for early entry but expect queues regardless. I was first in the door on Thursday last year and still had to wait 40 minutes to play Titanfall. :/

AHA-Lambda

I queued for over an hour and a half to watch Kojima talk and I was a few people away from entry before being turned away.

Same here, was so lucky to get in! I ended up being right at the back of the hall.

It did mean I ended up bumping into Kojima in the hall when leaving though ^_^

hodgy100

I'm on my way from Sheffield via train :). I'm not there on official capacity but I'll be in my lbp3-T don't be shy to say hi :)

AssassiN

got the wrong hit
On my way for a quick bite to eat and then I'm joining the queue for early entry. As I'm on my own this year, it'll be he first year I probably stick around all day both days.

Saying that I've got plenty of meetings and stuff lined up too :) so I'll be busy at least!

Volotaire

I'll be wearing ... normal clothes. Some brown herringbone trousers if you see me. I think I'll try to spend much less time at the AAA games since there will be large lines and more time on the Indie and Ninty games. Wonder if it will be similar to the London comic con event (EGX as a whole).

AssassiN

got the wrong hit
Nice to see the queue is as well organised as ever.

I'm wearing a polo shirt with Computers N Stuff on it if anyone wants to say hi to a fellow gaffer.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I'm going to be there today (and Saturday)! I'll be in a black pinstripe shirt and carrying a blue satchel bag covered in badges. Come and say hi!

For anyone there on Sat or Sun, I will be in an Insert Coin Megaman E-Can t-shirt with power bar on the sleeve. My son will be in a Plants vs Zombies Tee. Say Hi if you spot us!

I remember when Dark Souls was there a few years back and there was always empty kiosks available to walk up and play. Now I imagine Bloodbourne will have one of the longest queues on the floor.

Let's see how EGX gamers do compared to those at TGS and PAX when it comes to completing the Bloodborne demo. According to Sony, the demo was completed 40 times out of 1,250 attempts at TGS, and 20 times out of 3,500 attempts at PAX.

Oh shit, UK Souls players, you better complete that Bloodborne demo!

I'll probably not, since I have only put 5 or so hours total into this series.

Martian

Excited for the new total war game
barbarian invasion 2/attila the hun

Also really glad that it isnt warhammer : total war

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh shit, UK Souls players, you better complete that Bloodborne demo!

I'll probably not, since I have only put 5 or so hours total into this series.

You should probably keep me away from the demo so I don't add to the failure count.

I'll be wearing ... normal clothes. Some brown herringbone trousers if you see me. I think I'll try to spend much less time at the AAA games since there will be large lines and more time on the Indie and Ninty games. Wonder if it will be similar to the London comic con event (EGX as a whole).

How was that? I was going to go for Stan Lee as it's down the road from me, but I totally forgot because I was so busy.

Top Bottom