• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eidos Montreal teases new Deus Ex: The Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Just rewatched the HR cinematic trailer.

Has to be one of the best trailers this gen.

And I remember reading somewhere they knew the boss battles sucked, so hopefully they will change it for this (if this is true)

Great news today, I can't fucking wait, I doubt we will see much of it at E3, but at least a trailer will keep me happy until they are done with Thief.

But they should have GAMEPLAY trailer, sure DE:HR CGI was awesome, but nothing comes close to the real deal, we need 2 trailers, one of them must be at least 4min Gameplay or something.

Just rewatched the HR cinematic trailer.

Has to be one of the best trailers this gen.

And I remember reading somewhere they knew the boss battles sucked, so hopefully they will change it for this (if this is true)

They are already completely revamping the boss battles for the Wii U version, so it sounds like they are going to work hard to make sure any boss battles in the new one are good too.

Mako_Drug

Totally expecting an iOS spin off.
They're going to pull a Dead Space: Ignition (that's what that was called right?) and have a bunch of voiced story boards with hacking minigames aren't they :/

I'll buy anything if it has new music!!!!!!!!

Just a TV show.
Totally expecting an iOS spin off.
deus-ex-o0oil7.gif

DieH@rd

Banned
Imagine it people. New mindblowing CGI trailer from SE Visual Works, new Michael McCann OST, new chance to hear Elias Toufexis saying "I never asked for this".....

Arrrrghhhhhh, if they dont show it now im gonna be SO ANGRY.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Loved Deus Ex:HR. Can't wait for more, and since they recognized the boss criticisms from the last game it should be better. Hard to beat a game with a big single player to get invested in.

Hindle

Banned
Do we think Adam Jensen will be the main character again?

Another question is how do you want the sequel to improve?

flotsam

Neo Member
Fantastic news! This was my favourite game of 2011. I still maintain that few games of this era did as good a job of making you feel the environments were actually lived in.

I still have memories of a great afternoon clearing out the entire police station using non-lethal force for no other reason than to see if I could...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Changes to make versus Human Revolution:
- Fewer identical office corridor setups
- Keep the dialogue battles and work on adding depth, they almost worked
- Jettison the piss filter
- Make the final level less crummy
- Get away from the genre's heritage of "choose your final ending from a list one is destructive one is benevolently authoritarian one is hippie harmony one is commit suicide".
- Don't require players to read terrible young adult genre fiction novels to understand who half the bad guys are. Build your bad guys up in the game. Don't introduce menacing evil dudes five seconds before you fight them. Have an actual, ongoing antagonist.
- Don't be afraid to make the story more philosophical and intellectual
- I'm OK with the main character being a pawn, but let's at least pretend he's making any of his own choices
- Traversal abilities shouldn't break a non-lethal playthrough (punch through walls for example murdered enemies)
- More enemy variety
- More weapon variety
- Boss fights should be a part of the main gameplay loop of the game. Anything that applies to the rest of the game should apply to boss fights (although something tells me they know this)
- As a matter of controls, I think putting non-lethal and lethal melee kills on the same button (if I remember correctly) is probably ill-advised.

Anyone got any idea how much Human Revolution sold? The only thing I can remember is that Square was happy, so I hope they don't fuck it up by meddling in development ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom