• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls Online Beta (PS4/Xbox One) starts tomorrow

playXray

Downloading now, UK/EU beta. Just wish stuff would carry forward - I'll have played that prologue area three times through by the time the full game comes out on consoles!

ironcreed

Banned
The question is, how much will the poor reception/perception of the PC version affect people's desire to grab the console one at $60?

Dropping the sub will no doubt help. That was the only thing that was holding me back, but now they are going with the model I wanted to begin with. I pre-ordered without a second thought.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
39 gigabytes.

I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Jack-Black-Forces-A-Smile-In-Nacho-Libre-Gif.gif

edit:

and the Update is 15 gigabytes extra!?

MikeyH

Neo Member
The question is, how much will the poor reception/perception of the PC version affect people's desire to grab the console one at $60?

It affected me, this was gonna be day one on console for me until i heard the reception the PC version got so i decided to hold off on a pre order.

theDeeDubs

I sure wish I could go ahead and get this downloaded for PS4 then, beings I have it pre-ordered digitally. Any spare code would be much appreciated.

XB1 has been preloading super early lately. Hopefully PSN will accommodate as well since it's a large download.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If anyone has an extra code for Xbox One I would be stupidly happy if you shared.

There might even be ice cream in it for you.

charpunk

Aww yeah, got my Xbox one invite. Totally glad I went with that one since live speeds don't completely suck like psn does.

Spades

So gutted I didn't get a code. :(

I've been looking forward to this game on Xbox One since it came out on PC last year. If anyone has a spare code, I'd be SO grateful to get the opportunity to play early.

mitchman

Gold Member
Still waiting for my PS4 code. I really hope I didn't use the email address of the job I just quit... If anyone has one for the PS4 to give me, I'll make sure to pass on my code when/if I get it.

M.W.

Yeah didn't get one...yet? If anyone doesn't want their PS4 or XB1 code, PM me! :)

If I get one eventually, I'll reciprocate.

DarkOneX

I really want to play this on either console don't care which just holla if you have an extra one you'd spare. I didn't get enough chance to try the PC beta so at this point I definitely won't be buying the game unless I get a 2nd chance to try it and specially I wanted to get the PS4 one so that'd be awesome.

zeox

those of you who have gotten the code, where are you? looks like some of my US friends have gotten their key, but no one I know from europe

ThankeeSai

those of you who have gotten the code, where are you? looks like some of my US friends have gotten their key, but no one I know from europe

I'm in the UK. Got my "choose your platform" email last week and got my code around an hour ago.

gossi

Nice. I'm really curious if the UI is very different compared to the PC version. PC version of the UI pretty much requires add-ons because it's so terrible.

It's very different. You can enable the Xbox UI using a debug command on the PC version. It's basically the Skyrim UI. Before any borks, it works very well and is fun to play. They also have things like haptic feedback on controller when people hit your shield, when big bosses smash the ground etc.

gossi

Here's the controller scheme on XB1:

Elder-Scrolls-Online.jpg

Yes, you can change the FOV and such. Pixel counting is 1080p btw.

Here's some screenshots from Zenimax:

LEnl5V2.jpg

5aIKHz6.jpg

d69vGU5.jpg

ND5OnMQ.jpg

RoKKeR

Selected platform but looks like I didn't get anything... oh well. Probably wouldn't have had much time regardless but would have liked to check it out.

Top Bottom