• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls Online Beta (PS4/Xbox One) starts tomorrow

apav

it isn't particularly pretty on the technical side so I'm personally not expecting a huge difference between the three with ps4 taking the advantage on the console side if anything.

I don't understand how people think that this game isn't beautiful. I mean I know and respect that it's your opinion, but this game is one of the best looking MMO's I have ever seen. In my opinion it even holds its own up to most non MMO's. Definitely the best looking, but it's up there.

Here is one of my favorite albums showing off how beautiful this game can be.

Hawk269

『Inaba Resident』;161195263 said:
Signed up but I never got a key.

One of the folks that works for Zenimax at the official forums stated that Codes will continue to go out today and tomorrow. So if you did sign up, there is still a chance you will get a code. They did say that even though you did sign up, it does not guarantee you will get a code.

alexbull_uk

Signed up for PS4 and Xbone, got a key for both.

Seeing as I got the Xbone key first, and I've already downloaded the client, I have a spare PS4 key (selected EU as preferred server, if that makes a difference) - reply if you want it.

Spy

If anyone has a PS4 (US) key and they're willing to give it out, it would be greatly appreciated. On the fence about buying this game and would love to give it a try before I make the purchase.

apav

oh no I meant things like textures weren't pretty even at max settings but art wise it's gorgeous

I can definitely agree with that, playing at 1440p things look really ugly up close. But the art, the god rays and the lighting in this game, hnnnngg. That's why I'm wondering if the PS4 will look nearly as good or not. I would honestly be surprised if they looked identical.

M.W.

Damn, I really hope I get a code. I always thought the PC version looked like fun. Hopefully I get to try it.

El_Chino

If anyone has any spare XBO codes I would really appreciate it! Huge Elder Scrolls fan and never had the chance to sign up :/

M.W.

If anyone gets an extra for either system I'd love and appreciate it. If I ever get one I'll pass it on...
Don't bother asking. It seems those who don't want their codes just say "first to pm gets it". Time to camp out here, lol

Yo. i have five bucks thats been sitting in my paypal account for months, pm me a PS4 code with your paypal info and the five bucks is yours.

Hawk269

If anyone has a PS4 code, I would love one. Would be willing to buy up to a $15.00 Steam game for you as well.

I have to also state my reason...me and my wife play the PC version and we both need to decide if we want to migrate to the PS4 or Xbox One version. We have the special from Zenimax to get either version for $20.00 each, but we don't want to pick just yet because we want to try them out first. We only have till the end of the month or the offer is expired. My Wife rather play with a controller with the prompts, so that is the reason for going to console.

So that is the reason I am willing to buy someone a $15.00 steam key for a PSN code. Please PM if you have a PS4 code and your Steam ID and what game you want.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Hawk269

Splash screen fine print:
"The game might even crash"
Well that's comforting. Hopefully it's not too crash-happy.

Yeah, the notes someone posted above or perhaps in the other thread mentioned a list of known issues and crashing under certain circumstances is possible. Still a beta and I guess that is what we need to deal with. I would assume the game needs to be sent for certification to Sony & MS really soon, so hope they get these things ironed out very soon.

Hawk269

First Planetside 2, now this

Do you get locked out of the ps4 beta if you participated in the PC one?

I would not think so. I did the PC Beta of ESO and I got in on the Xbox One version for the Beta as well.

They made it clear from the beginning that the sign up that took place over a year and a half ago that it was not guaranteed. With that said, Zenimax has stated that keys are still going out and will continue to go out through tomorrow (Thursday).

Remark

Banned
LEMME GET THAT BETA KEY FOR XBOX ONE HOMESLICE PM YA BOY :D

(No but seriously if anyone has a key for Xbox One they aren't using send it my way please. Would like to try the game out.)

Raxious

I ended up not receiving a key, if there's someone with a spare EU PS4 key I was wondering if I could have it. Really wanna try it before purchasing the upgrade.

gossi

How do the servers work for the games? Are characters locked to a server, and how many are there?

There aren't servers. When you first start the game you select Europe or US. Other than that, you just play - it automatically matches you with friends and guildmates behind the scenes (think Destiny).

There aren't servers. When you first start the game you select Europe or US. Other than that, you just play - it automatically matches you with friends and guildmates behind the scenes (think Destiny).

Sounds like region servers. If I pick EU and create a character can I later use it when selecting US?

Top Bottom