• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls Online Beta (PS4/Xbox One) starts tomorrow

MMaRsu

Banned
Damn I hope its done downloading when I get back home from work. I'm feeling good about this game :D.

Thanks once again Carfo!!!

gossi

Someone got hooked up while the rest of us beg.

I don't know why people are begging. The sign ups for the closed beta happened in 2013. There's an open beta after the closed beta finishes - you don't need an invite. The open beta will also probably have bug fixes, the closed beta already has a big list of bugs (eg if you select a non-English language it crashes).

cjp

I don't know why people are begging. The sign ups for the closed beta happened in 2013. There's an open beta after the closed beta finishes - you don't need an invite. The open beta will also probably have bug fixes, the closed beta already has a big list of bugs (eg if you select a non-English language it crashes).

What open beta? They've categorically said this is the only console beta.

And I lost access to the email I signed up with back in 2013. :(

gossi

What open beta? They've categorically said this is the only console beta.

And I lost access to the email I signed up with back in 2013. :(

Nope, they've said there will be an open beta after the closed beta. It says so on their support site, too.

cjp

Nope, they've said there will be an open beta after the closed beta. It says so on their support site, too.

I don't think so.

The worldwide console launch of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on June 9th, is just a little over six weeks away, and we have a lot planned leading up to then. Kicking off the pre-launch festivities, we're very excited to be starting the console beta tomorrow. This is a limited public beta—it will be our one beta before launch, and you must receive an invite to participate. Prepare to explore the vast expanses of Tamriel with your friends, game-subscription-free, for the first time on PS4™ and Xbox One!

gossi

Wow. Okay, let me check the support site again as they were saying there would be an open beta (or maybe they would open the beta up).

playXray

EU megaserver is currently down for maintenance (didn't take long lol). Anyone got any idea how long this is planned for? Seems to have been like it since the beta went live at 10am.

I really wanted to try the beta to see how it feels and such on console, but 50GB+ is just too much for my connection. Not a big deal for the full release, but for a beta that's too much. (I get 8Mb down, so that's like 14 hours to download.)

Bahlor

Managed to grab a key off someone doing a little giveaway on Reddit!

Set it all up to download, should take 5ish hours. I didn't think the servers came online until 15:00 BST?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...line-ps4-xbox-one-requires-15gb-day-one-patch

Whoa 5 hours!? May I ask what connection you have and how your ps4 is connected? (Maybe even what your connection test on ps4 gives out)

I have a 50 Mbit ↓ and 5Mbit ↑ ... my PS4 is connected via cable and I get around 20 Mbit ↓ and 1-2 Mbit ↑

Download time says something around 40 hours for the game alone :(

mocoworm

Got my email a few hours ago. Redeemed the code on xbox.com about 10am. Hopefully it will be downloaded by the time I get home tonight.

:D

Wow. Okay, let me check the support site again as they were saying there would be an open beta (or maybe they would open the beta up).

The BETA is only from 23rd - 27th April.

cjp

Whoa 5 hours!? May I ask what connection you have and how your ps4 is connected? (Maybe even what your connection test on ps4 gives out)

I have a 50 Mbit ↓ and 5Mbit ↑ ... my PS4 is connected via cable and I get around 20 Mbit ↓ and 1-2 Mbit ↑

Download time says something around 40 hours for the game alone :(

40Mbit package but in reality it tops out at 38ish I think. If I connect over the PS4 Wi-Fi then the speeds I get are absolutely terrible so instead I run an Ethernet cable from the PS4 to my laptop which is then connected wirelessly to the router.

Right now the estimation for the update file is 97 minutes (2.2GB/15.4GB) and the main game 5 hours (2.3GB/39GB).

Here's an older comment I made regarding the PS4 Wi-Fi chip and it's terrible speed:

Yes. Here's a copy of a comment I posted a while back:

As others have said, the PS4 Wi-Fi chip is shit.
I took these a while back but the point stands.

PS4 Wi-Fi: http://i.imgur.com/bRfHhHz.png

PS4 'Wired': http://i.imgur.com/qwXh1N7.png

Except what I mean here by 'wired' is really wired to the laptop that is then wirelessly connected to the router, PS4 > Ethernet > Laptop > Wi-Fi > Router.

Sharing your connection from your laptop might work better for you too.

theDeeDubs

Got my email a few hours ago. Redeemed the code on xbox.com about 10am. Hopefully it will be downloaded by the time I get home tonight.

:D

The BETA is only from 23rd - 27th April.

Good to know they're still going out at least. I've been watching my inbox like a hawk since yesterday.

Isurus

Still no stinking code yet. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping codes are still going out. If anyone wants to PM me an extra Xbone code, I'll clearly pay it forward when/if my code arrives.

Still no stinking code yet. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping codes are still going out. If anyone wants to PM me an extra Xbone code, I'll clearly pay it forward when/if my code arrives.

I got the pre-code email asking me to confirm console preference etc but no further invite email.

Probably best, it's sunny outside.

glaurung

I got the pre-code email asking me to confirm console preference etc but no further invite email.

Same here, I was asked to pick my region and platform and since then - silence.

Makes no difference, I have a movie festival to go to on the weekend anyhow.

Isurus

Same - got the pre-code email last week. It's sunny in my neck of the woods, but still damn cold. Was looking forward to playing this. Ah well, June will come soon enough. :(

Bahlor

40Mbit package but in reality it tops out at 38ish I think. If I connect over the PS4 Wi-Fi then the speeds I get are absolutely terrible so instead I run an Ethernet cable from the PS4 to my laptop which is then connected wirelessly to the router.

Right now the estimation for the update file is 97 minutes (2.2GB/15.4GB) and the main game 5 hours (2.3GB/39GB).

Here's an older comment I made regarding the PS4 Wi-Fi chip and it's terrible speed:

Thanks! :)

gossi

Okay – I said earlier in thread there will be an open beta. Sorry – Zenimax say this is no longer the plan, they only plan to run the closed beta from 23rd - 27th April, and then launch early June. If you didn’t sign up in 2013 you won’t get access. Also, beta characters will be wiped, so don’t invest too much.

playXray

Am I alone in having decent wifi speed? My net connection is around 75Mbps and my PS4 gets around 50Mbps via wifi.

I managed to get a PS4 key but honestly this game is not on my list of pick ups. But I'll check out the beta to see if it is worth it (now since it is buy to play--no way would I pay a subscription from what I've seen).

Arkeband

Banned
Okay – I said earlier in thread there will be an open beta. Sorry – Zenimax say this is no longer the plan, they only plan to run the closed beta from 23rd - 27th April, and then launch early June. If you didn’t sign up in 2013 you won’t get access. Also, beta characters will be wiped, so don’t invest too much.

Really? Wow... well, now I don't feel so bad about turning down a beta key...

Even FFXIV on consoles allowed beta characters to persist.

Somnia

I sent a few tweets to some ESO people saying us PC players who already paid the $20 should get beta codes since we might be able to better find broken things with knowledge of the game... no response yet though.

Somnia

Really? Wow... well, now I don't feel so bad about turning down a beta key...

Even FFXIV on consoles allowed beta characters to persist.

It is one of the only MMO's to ever do that too. Also it's final beta was much more of a demo than a normal beta. Certain MMO's have done that where they wipe between beta's (just like every other MMO), but in the final beta which is like 1-2 weeks before launch they let you keep em.

FHIZ

I got two "confirm your platform" emails prior to this announcement and still no beta code. Consider me bummed.

Spades

I sent a few tweets to some ESO people saying us PC players who already paid the $20 should get beta codes since we might be able to better find broken things with knowledge of the game... no response yet though.

The FFXI beta on the 360 allowed you to keep your character, too.

I got to the account creation screen, filled out the info, got the email and completed the registration, now I'm back to the login failure.

I did get a few "Unable to connect to PSN" errors. I closed the application and restarted and now I'm back to login failures.

Somnia

The FFXI beta on the 360 allowed you to keep your character, too.

and again that's an extremely rare thing for an MMO. You should not expect to ever keep your characters from Beta in an MMO. As a long time MMO player to any newer MMO players, don't expect to ever keep your beta characters. It's extremely rare for that to happen.

Also for those of you who were upset over the in game messaging of the cash store, dev's said they heard loud and clear and will no longer be doing in game advertisements like they did over the free weekend.

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/33l954/news_system_message_advertisements_being_stopped/

Top Bottom