• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls Online Beta sign up

Burt

If you spin your guy at character select enough, he facepalms/motions for you to stop/leans over etc.

10/10

A+

GOTY

would play again

Sothpaw

Exactly. Is anyone actually hyped for this game? Isn't it P2P? I thought that model of MMO was proven to be doomed (unless you happen to be WoW or Final Fantasy...for some odd reason). PSO2 gets along just fine with being F2P (and kicks ass to boot!).

P2P is the last problem this game has. I mean damn.

vilmer_

Exactly. Is anyone actually hyped for this game? Isn't it P2P? I thought that model of MMO was proven to be doomed (unless you happen to be WoW or Final Fantasy...for some odd reason). PSO2 gets along just fine with being F2P (and kicks ass to boot!).

Don't worry, the F2P system is already in the works.

Veldin

ESOServers.gif

ibsohr38s02_Wa_T.gif

Jharp

So I have a beta key for this weekend but am unable to sign in or even create a new account, because I just get a 500 Internal Server error from the page, so I can't get to the download.

What the fuck? :(

Whompa

So I have a beta key for this weekend but am unable to sign in or even create a new account, because I just get a 500 Internal Server error from the page, so I can't get to the download.

What the fuck? :(

My friend also got it...had had to download the installer via torrent. GG Bethesda...

Like an ES game so bad. But even worse than bad ES combat somehow.

yes

Can you explain why it's bad? Is it just mashy?

Moaradin

I got to play a bit this morning after not being able to get on at all last night. The combat feels pretty bad...

Elder Scrolls never had good combat to begin with but this takes it to a new level.

No. That is the point of an NDA. Technically everyone posting about the combat mechanics, server status and all of that are in violation as well..
Server status is a violation of NDA?? Get real. The servers were down and we had nowhere else to talk about it.
Those talking about gameplay details, however...

obear

Banned
I read the NDA and I didn't see anything of the sort regarding server status. You're right about participation as a beta tester, however. Whoops.

If they banned me from the beta for mentioning being in the beta.. I would get to play as much then as I am able to now.

Hari Seldon

NDA Nazis make me lol. You can't just go on reddit and make up any random throwaway name you want and talk all you like? You think these MMO companies employ hundreds of people to track everyone down and boot them out of beta?

nynt9

I'm NDA'd, but for reasons completely unrelated to the beta, I feel a strong desire to not play MMOs for a while, recent MMOs I've played have been horrible, soulless and janky.

Trust me, I'm totally not talking about TESO.

NDA Nazis make me lol. You can't just go on reddit and make up any random throwaway name you want and talk all you like? You think these MMO companies employ hundreds of people to track everyone down and boot them out of beta?

They don't necessarily hire people to do this, but other beta testers will often find and report people who violate the NDA because the company asks them to.

CzarTim

I'm NDA'd, but for reasons completely unrelated to the beta, I feel a strong desire to not play MMOs for a while, recent MMOs I've played have been horrible, soulless and janky.

Trust me, I'm totally not talking about TESO.

WildStar is our only hope!

jediyoshi

Woo hell yeah, fight the man.

Hari Seldon

They don't necessarily hire people to do this, but other beta testers will often find and report people who violate the NDA because the company asks them to.

Yeah there is this cult of people who take NDAs like really fucking seriously that is hilarious. You aren't NDAing some nuclear secrets, it is just some MMO. Expecting an NDA to prevent word of the jank from getting out is complete stupidity lol.

Top Bottom