• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
New docking computer in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfb1HpBg-kw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNN5KKglAz0

Probably cool for awkward to control ships like Anaconda and Orca before you have decent thrusters on them.

Averaging $400k/hr isn't worth being bored to tears for unless you're just starting out. Even T6 level trading will bring in multiple times that. (Using trading as an example as many also find that boring.)

Oh I agree. It was a learning experience. The CG gave me an excuse to try out the Explorer lifestyle. Not for me financially or in entertainment value. I'm getting about 2.5m-3m/hour RES fighting. So for as long as finances are my primary motivator (which sort of ends once I have enough for a decent FdL, as I'm losing interest in Anaconda fast with the prospect of the 10% resale of parts penalty), I'll keep doing RES sites. After that, I'll probably move to Conflict Zones to get my Elite rank (currently Dangerous). After that...I'm not sure what I'll do. Hopefully PowerPlay will hold my attention. Otherwise, I'll be taking a break.

kvk1

Wow, they look so much more faster and precise.

I might put them on my ships again for when I'm feeling lazy.

If anything, just to hear The Blue Danube in stations.

Burny

Ugh... It's so tempting to generate a Steam key, just for completion's sake. But according to the Frontier forums, that means they'll have to pay Valve in some form, even if future expansions or DLCs are purchased through their store:

No steam key then. I'd rather have Frontier receive any money from future purchases. The game works well with the Steam overlay anyway if the launcher is added as non-Steam app.

Good on them for providing the option tough. :)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Ugh... It's so tempting to generate a Steam key, just for completion's sake. But according to the Frontier forums, that means they'll have to pay Valve in some form, even if future expansions or DLCs are purchased through their store:

No steam key then. I'd rather have Frontier receive any money from future purchases. The game works well with the Steam overlay anyway if the launcher is added as non-Steam app.

Oh well holy shit, then that's different than they stated awhile back. I'm not sure I even want to validate my steam key then.

Not that I hate Valve or anything, but I want to support FDev as much as I can....

Same. I don't need the (unreliable) Steam stats nor the "convenience", considering I don't play too many games in general and don't use Steam much often.

GeoGonzo

Well, I'm certainly going to redeem it ASAP. I've already supported FD more than enough but Steam so far has gained $0.00 from all this. Keeping 30% of only future microtransactions is the very least they should take and a hell of a great deal for Frontier.

kafiend

It's as if the idea that Steam might generate more sales from its ginormous user base does not exist. I'd love to see a sales breakdown.

Mengy

On a different note, anyone ever heard of Radio Sidewinder? It's an internet radio station playing spacey type music and it has news bulletins and DJ's who talk about Elite and give bounty and community goal updates. I've been listening to it this morning and it's kinda neat.

Burny

It's as if the idea that Steam might generate more sales from its ginormous user base does not exist. I'd love to see a sales breakdown.

No. It's as if I think FDev is the smaller company that can use the support better to maintain and continue to develop the game I like, while Valve is the company owning the quasi monopoly on digital PC sales. Valve can do fine on their own.

Mengy

No. It's as if I think FDev is the smaller company that can use the support better to maintain and continue to develop the game I like, while Valve is the company owning the quasi monopoly on digital PC sales. Valve can do fine on their own.

There is a flip side though. By playing on Steam you essentially advertise the game for FDev to everyone on your friends lists, or to anyone who watches you streaming. You can also boost the game's sales there by writing reviews and keeping the number of people playing high in the charts, thereby generating buzz and possibly more sales.

The question is: is that worth a 30% cut from FDev to Valve?

Zalusithix

New docking computer in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfb1HpBg-kw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNN5KKglAz0

Probably cool for awkward to control ships like Anaconda and Orca before you have decent thrusters on them.
I might actually contemplate a docking computer now. Not for the Lakon transports though. Landing those bad boys is half the fun.

Oh I agree. It was a learning experience. The CG gave me an excuse to try out the Explorer lifestyle. Not for me financially or in entertainment value. I'm getting about 2.5m-3m/hour RES fighting. So for as long as finances are my primary motivator (which sort of ends once I have enough for a decent FdL, as I'm losing interest in Anaconda fast with the prospect of the 10% resale of parts penalty), I'll keep doing RES sites. After that, I'll probably move to Conflict Zones to get my Elite rank (currently Dangerous). After that...I'm not sure what I'll do. Hopefully PowerPlay will hold my attention. Otherwise, I'll be taking a break.

Yeah, my plans are currently in flux with the potential of the 10% module fee. I was going to go Python as an interim to the T9 and then refit the Python as I needed it, but now I think I'll skip it and go straight to the T9 for trading. Well, I'll probably trade the T7 in for a Imperial Clipper once I get my standing high enough and *then* get the T9. It doesn't make the most practical sense, but I've wanted the Clipper ever since I saw it, so logic be damned.

Burny

There is a flip side though. By playing on Steam you essentially advertise the game for FDev to everyone on your friends lists, or to anyone who watches you streaming. You can also boost the game's sales there by writing reviews and keeping the number of people playing high in the charts, thereby generating buzz and possibly more sales.

The question is: is that worth a 30% cut from FDev to Valve?

That may be also a factor, but my Steam friendlist's size is neglible and I did already convince two friends to purchase the game. ;-) One did so through Steam, so he may carry the Steam Banner in my stead. :p Edit: Aside from that I'm playing the game as non-Steam app through Steam. That may not be registered by the Steam statistics, but my friendlist sees me playing the game anyway.

Mengy

Okay, I've been thinking about this all afternoon, and I'm still not convinced that linking a steam key to your account screws over FDev automatically.

With other games that you buy on steam, if you buy stuff from the devs websites (and not through steam) then the revenue goes to the devs, valve only gets their cut via purchases directly on the steam store. I really don't see how buying things through the FDev store can generate any revenue at all for valve, it should all still go to FDev irregardless of which client you log in through.

This is the announcement made this morning by Ed Lewis, the community manager for FDev. Read my bolded part specifically:

Edward Lewis said:
Greetings Commanders

All EliteDangerous.com store players can now generate a Steam key to add it to their Steam library.

By generating a Steam key all future purchases made with your Frontier account will also be associated with your Steam account. This won't affect how much you pay for the game or for paint jobs, but sticking with the EliteDangerous.com store remains the best way to support ongoing development with 100 percent of your money on future purchases. We especially appreciate it when you buy direct from us, but we're happy for you to play how and where you like. Just enjoy the game, and fly safe Commanders!

I still think their original description from awhile ago stands. If you play via steam but buy DLC and expansions from the FDev store then 100% of your money supports FDev and valve gets none of it. I just can't see how valve can get any revenue from the FDev store ever, that's not how it ever worked for other devs who had multiple storefront options...

Burny

I still think their original description from awhile ago stands. If you play via steam but buy DLC and expansions from the FDev store then 100% of your money supports FDev and valve gets none of it. I just can't see how valve can get any revenue from the FDev store ever, that's not how it ever worked for other devs who had multiple storefront options...

Reading that announcement, I understood this the same way. We could retroactively activate our games on Steam and future addon purchases through Steam would grant Valve a cut while purchases through the Frontier store would still activate with the game's Steam licence, but 100% of the revenue would go to Frontier. Yet, Edward Lewis' later response to the question I posted above contradicts this pretty unmistakably.

Whether Valve taking a cut from licences purchased through Frontier's store is justified depends on how the download of game data is handled IMO. If all game data of a Steam activated licence is downloaded from Steam servers, even though the content was purchased through Frontier's store, I think Valve taking a cut is absolutely justified. If the game data is still downloaded through FDev's launcher and from their servers, I wouldn't see why Valve should get anything from FDev store purchases.

I'll wait for an actual clarification before requesting a Steam key. At the moment we have two possibly contradicting statements from the same person. Only the second one sounds unambiguous to me.

Yeah, my plans are currently in flux with the potential of the 10% module fee. I was going to go Python as an interim to the T9 and then refit the Python as I needed it, but now I think I'll skip it and go straight to the T9 for trading. Well, I'll probably trade the T7 in for a Imperial Clipper once I get my standing high enough and *then* get the T9. It doesn't make the most practical sense, but I've wanted the Clipper ever since I saw it, so logic be damned.

FWIW, I absolutely love my Python. I kick more ass in it than I ever could have in my old Vulture, while sitting on 128T of cargo space that I can drop my shield cell boosters and expand to 220T+ of cargo room at a moment's notice.

The jump range will be ass compared to a dedicated ship, but for work at reasonable distances, you won't have to do any serious (expensive) retrofitting. Maybe a couple few thousand. Still stings when I think about it, but it probably pays for itself reasonably quickly when it's < $1 mill.

Also, Clipper is super-cool. Great interim ship, if you will. I enjoyed owning it, though I grew tired of the 2 poorly-placed hard points. If I had to do it over again, I'd buy that ship in that price range every single time. And I'd also upgrade out of it as soon as the opportunity presented itself. It's a great ship to reach, but not the ship you want to stay at.

edit: thinking about the endgame for me. I guess it would be having a million credits to buy 3 fully spec'd Anacondas @ 1 for each career type? Should I even want an Anaconda? Are they desirable for someone who really just wants to fight a lot like me?

Zalusithix

FWIW, I absolutely love my Python. I kick more ass in it than I ever could have in my old Vulture, while sitting on 128T of cargo space that I can drop my shield cell boosters and expand to 220T+ of cargo room at a moment's notice.

The jump range will be ass compared to a dedicated ship, but for work at reasonable distances, you won't have to do any serious (expensive) retrofitting. Maybe a couple few thousand. Still stings when I think about it, but it probably pays for itself reasonably quickly when it's < $1 mill.

Also, Clipper is super-cool. Great interim ship, if you will. I enjoyed owning it, though I grew tired of the 2 poorly-placed hard points. If I had to do it over again, I'd buy that ship in that price range every single time. And I'd also upgrade out of it as soon as the opportunity presented itself. It's a great ship to reach, but not the ship you want to stay at.

edit: thinking about the endgame for me. I guess it would be having a million credits to buy 3 fully spec'd Anacondas @ 1 for each career type? Should I even want an Anaconda? Are they desirable for someone who really just wants to fight a lot like me?

I don't plan on staying with the Clipper. Just the same, I don't plan on getting rid of it either. It'll be a permanent addition to the stable. Perhaps I'll kit it out for exploration. It doesn't have the jump range that an Asp has, but should be good enough - especially with the fuel tank change coming up. The ship looks too unique to just trade it in.

Python wise, I'll still end up getting it, but just most likely not in the short term. Spending the credits on it for the minor advantage it has over the Clipper in cargo capacity doesn't pay off when the end goal is the T9. The only thing that makes me less than absolutely certain is the medium pad benefit of the Python. I'll have to crunch more numbers, but I have time for that.

No. Maybe the corvette or whatever the other huge ship is called in the pipeline.

Edit: lol at the store still being fucked. Guess I'll try tomorrow.

ty for the confirmation. I'll be adding an FdL to my collection this weekend, then a T-9 and something for Exploration (DB or Courier, I guess) and I'll kick back and be satisfied with life. With these CGs, I'll probably have the FdL spec'd out before this time next week. I'm quite excited about the prospect of 4x Class 2 Burst lasers, which are going to be available in 1.3.

I don't plan on staying with the Clipper. Just the same, I don't plan on getting rid of it either. It'll be a permanent addition to the stable. Perhaps I'll kit it out for exploration. It doesn't have the jump range that an Asp has, but should be good enough - especially with the fuel tank change coming up. The ship looks too unique to just trade it in.

Python wise, I'll still end up getting it, but just most likely not in the short term. Spending the credits on it for the minor advantage it has over the Clipper in cargo capacity doesn't pay off when the end goal is the T9. The only thing that makes me less than absolutely certain is the medium pad benefit of the Python. I'll have to crunch more numbers, but I have time for that.

FWIW, you can always buy a ship again later if you really want to have one. Not like you have to be without it forever if you just want one in the collection. In retrospect, the Clipper wasn't much of anything special. Good at a number of things, but great at nothing. I've found this A-spec'd Python to be better in all relevant aspects except top speed...but I suppose that should be the case given the total price on it and them being in the same class of ship (jack of all trades, master of none). Clipper is great for the price, and that condition is very real. Python offers better power distributor, better powerplant, better shields, better storage space for cargo, better hardpoint placement by a mile, more internal component space, and can land at outposts (where the Clipper is large pad limited). It *is* an upgrade to move to a Python when you can afford to put a fair amount into the modules and as a matter of efficiency and power...I would recommend it. And I loved my Clipper. But even if you like the interior more, going from a Volkswagen to an Audi is still an upgrade.

You'll learn to love your newfound efficiency if you don't learn to love the looks (though I think the Python with a paint job is a better looking ship compared to the 747-with-nacelles-slapped-on vibe the Clipper started giving me after a few weeks).

regardless, gl pilot.

GeoGonzo

Yeah, I'm selling my Anaconda and moving to dedicated ships. Probably FdL, T9, Asp. I'll miss my baby but its just dumb to keep it, really.

Hylian7

Dumb question, if I install the Steam version with my Steam key, will it import all my settings or are those account tied anyway and I should have to worry about it?

Edit: It does in fact tie to your account!

Shifty76

Not bothering with steam. Main reason is annoying people on friends list pestering my to play L4D all the time.

ED is my zen time.

Oh, @Dreams or whoever it was who asked about exploration: If I toot n scoot I can do around 1k LY an hour, and I typically plot out a ~980 LY route which can be anywhere from 25-30 jumps.

Stopping to scan stuff drastically reduces the distance I can cover, particularly if I'm investigating potential terraforming candidates on class A star or similar systems as the planets are a good distance from the star.

Hylian7

Not bothering with steam. Main reason is annoying people on friends list pestering my to play L4D all the time.

ED is my zen time.

Oh, @Dreams or whoever it was who asked about exploration: If I toot n scoot I can do around 1k LY an hour, and I typically plot out a ~980 LY route which can be anywhere from 25-30 jumps.

Stopping to scan stuff drastically reduces the distance I can cover, particularly if I'm investigating potential terraforming candidates on class A star or similar systems as the planets are a good distance from the star.

Appear Offline is your friend.

ED is my zen time.

impressive. what's your range? about 30LY?

DrBo42

How do you link your account to steam? I click on that link earlier and it shows me Elite (1984)

The partner link page is blank now. It's in full clusterfuck mode. Try tomorrow.

Edit: It'll actually show up in Internet Explorer. Doesn't work in Chrome for some reason.

Jedi2016

If I toot n scoot I can do around 1k LY an hour, and I typically plot out a ~980 LY route which can be anywhere from 25-30 jumps.
Haha.. toot-n-scoot. :)

I know exactly what you mean, I do the same thing. I'll scan the main star and any other stars within range, scoop and then out unless I see something interesting on the system map. I get about the same.. 1h to around 1h15m for a 1K trip. My Asp has just under 30ly range, most jumps are around 28-29ly.

Shifty76

Haha.. toot-n-scoot. :)

I know exactly what you mean, I do the same thing. I'll scan the main star and any other stars within range, scoop and then out unless I see something interesting on the system map. I get about the same.. 1h to around 1h15m for a 1K trip. My Asp has just under 30ly range, most jumps are around 28-29ly.

Just double checked my numbers. 1k route is closer to 40 jumps, so I guess my jump range is closer to 20-25 LY than 30.

Just double checked my numbers. 1k route is closer to 40 jumps, so I guess my jump range is closer to 20-25 LY than 30.

it's funny. I had to take 35 jumps when I had my Vulture just to go from Federation space to Empire Space for the Clipper discount CG. That was like..150LY. lol. Exploration would be ez for me. Lots of jumps are nothing to me now.

I think I'm done with these 2 bounty hunting community goals. Hopefully i did enough to get into the top 5% for the nice payday.

Lagamorph

Where do people find out about/participate in these Community Goals? I see people here mention them but never system names, where to go or what to do beyond "Explore" or "Bounty Hunt"

mitchman

Gold Member
it's funny. I had to take 35 jumps when I had my Vulture just to go from Federation space to Empire Space for the Clipper discount CG. That was like..150LY. lol. Exploration would be ez for me. Lots of jumps are nothing to me now.
You used the most economic route and not the quickest.

Zalusithix

FWIW, you can always buy a ship again later if you really want to have one. Not like you have to be without it forever if you just want one in the collection. In retrospect, the Clipper wasn't much of anything special. Good at a number of things, but great at nothing. I've found this A-spec'd Python to be better in all relevant aspects except top speed...but I suppose that should be the case given the total price on it and them being in the same class of ship (jack of all trades, master of none). Clipper is great for the price, and that condition is very real. Python offers better power distributor, better powerplant, better shields, better storage space for cargo, better hardpoint placement by a mile, more internal component space, and can land at outposts (where the Clipper is large pad limited). It *is* an upgrade to move to a Python when you can afford to put a fair amount into the modules and as a matter of efficiency and power...I would recommend it. And I loved my Clipper. But even if you like the interior more, going from a Volkswagen to an Audi is still an upgrade.

You'll learn to love your newfound efficiency if you don't learn to love the looks (though I think the Python with a paint job is a better looking ship compared to the 747-with-nacelles-slapped-on vibe the Clipper started giving me after a few weeks).

regardless, gl pilot.

Yeah, I know I could always buy it back, but the T7 -> Clipper is already barely logical as far as trading goes with the ship depreciation factored in. Clipper -> Python would just be another hit on selling if I were just going to buy it again later.

That said, after last night, I'm leaning more towards the Python again - if only because I don't have to have imperial rank for it. I already had to buy a Cobra a couple days back for outpost access to do the illegal goods delivery mission that the imperials kept throwing my way for starting the whole progression thing. (Smuggling goods in with a T7 to monitored stations isn't the greatest idea.) From there things were going relatively smoothly. Trade in my T7 and do donation missions along the way to continue to raise rep with minor factions. When an ascension mission popped, I'd do it. If it required outpost access, I'd dump to the Cobra and then move back to the T7. All was going well and I made it to master rank in relatively short order while making good profit at the same time.

Then come last night the mission for squire rank hit. An assassination. The T7 is nearly as bad of a combat ship as you can get. My Cobra wasn't kitted out for doing anything serious. Wasted over an hour trying to get the thing fully combat focused, but for the life of me, I couldn't find a simple 4A power plant in the nearby systems. Always stopped at B without fail. This wouldn't bother me so much if I planned on keeping the ship, but the Cobra is a throw away that I have no intention on keeping so this was time being utterly wasted. Finally I said screw it, I'll just retract my weapons if I need to shield bank and went to the system to kill the guy... Except I wasted over yet another hour dropping in and out of signal sources and scanning ships in super cruise with no sign of the guy. Garbage in the LSS, system authorities in the USS, and groups of hostiles in the SSS that I had no chance in hell of defeating. Exasperated, I abandoned the mission and went to bed.

That was hours of time wasted on stuff that was not only boring, but actually irritating. Even more annoying to me was the millions of potential credits that I did not earn from trading in that time frame. If there's no other way up the ladder, then I'm abandoning plans for the Clipper and imperial progression as a whole. Perhaps I'll target one of the ports that sells it and see if the "allied sale to somebody below baron" thing still works. Failing that, it'll be Python time this weekend while I wait for the power play update to hopefully fix the garbage mission system in the game.

Mengy

Yeah, I'm selling my Anaconda and moving to dedicated ships. Probably FdL, T9, Asp. I'll miss my baby but its just dumb to keep it, really.

Yeah, I've decided that I'm going to start collecting a small fleet of dedicated role ships too. Refitting my Asp to different roles constantly has been fun and I've really enjoyed the hell out of it, but now that modules will sell at a 10% penalty it's just not going to be practical anymore. I know I'll spend far more credits up front buying a bunch of ships and outfitting them, that sum would pay for a LOT of Asp refits, but in the long term dedicated ships will just be more economically feasible.

Plus, while the Asp is a fantastic jack of all trades, having a pure combat Vulture and a pure Type 6 trader will be better. It will also be nice to change scenery now and then, as flying the same ship all of the time can be monotonous. To be honest if I can explore deep space competently enough with just a Cobra or a Diamondback then I might even sell my Asp, as going with smaller, cheaper, dedicated role ships just makes more sense to me now that multirole gameplay will be less practical. Or maybe I'll just turn one of them into my mining ship. We'll see.

I would like to store my little fleet in one starport though for convenience, so now I have to choose a "home base"....

Shifty76

Yeah, I know I could always buy it back, but the T7 -> Clipper is already barely logical as far as trading goes with the ship depreciation factored in. Clipper -> Python would just be another hit on selling if I were just going to buy it again later.

That said, after last night, I'm leaning more towards the Python again - if only because I don't have to have imperial rank for it. I already had to buy a Cobra a couple days back for outpost access to do the illegal goods delivery mission that the imperials kept throwing my way for starting the whole progression thing. (Smuggling goods in with a T7 to monitored stations isn't the greatest idea.) From there things were going relatively smoothly. Trade in my T7 and do donation missions along the way to continue to raise rep with minor factions. When an ascension mission popped, I'd do it. If it required outpost access, I'd dump to the Cobra and then move back to the T7. All was going well and I made it to master rank in relatively short order while making good profit at the same time.

Then come last night the mission for squire rank hit. An assassination. The T7 is nearly as bad of a combat ship as you can get. My Cobra wasn't kitted out for doing anything serious. Wasted over an hour trying to get the thing fully combat focused, but for the life of me, I couldn't find a simple 4A power plant in the nearby systems. Always stopped at B without fail. This wouldn't bother me so much if I planned on keeping the ship, but the Cobra is a throw away that I have no intention on keeping so this was time being utterly wasted. Finally I said screw it, I'll just retract my weapons if I need to shield bank and went to the system to kill the guy... Except I wasted over yet another hour dropping in and out of signal sources and scanning ships in super cruise with no sign of the guy. Garbage in the LSS, system authorities in the USS, and groups of hostiles in the SSS that I had no chance in hell of defeating. Exasperated, I abandoned the mission and went to bed.

That was hours of time wasted on stuff that was not only boring, but actually irritating. Even more annoying to me was the millions of potential credits that I did not earn from trading in that time frame. If there's no other way up the ladder, then I'm abandoning plans for the Clipper and imperial progression as a whole. Perhaps I'll target one of the ports that sells it and see if the "allied sale to somebody below baron" thing still works. Failing that, it'll be Python time this weekend while I wait for the power play update to hopefully fix the garbage mission system in the game.
Those targets often bug out and only appear as an elite ranked clipper or dropship with no name. Kill them and it'll complete.

Newsletter is out!

Looks like the Diamondback will be the Diamondback Scout in the full release, with some tweaks:

"The Diamondback Scout is Lakon Spaceways&#8217; attempt to repeat the success of the Asp range at a medium price point. The result was a combat capable ship with good jump capability and was pitched as a light long range reconnaissance ship. After the ship&#8217;s maiden flight it was criticized for not having the same versatility as the Asp, but it has seen modest success in the long range reconnaissance, long range interceptor and fast picket ship roles for organisations not able or willing to invest in the heavy price tag of the Asp."

Bounty changes incoming--sounds nice:

"There&#8217;s a hot off the press item about a change to the bounty system for you.

Another new change is coming to the Powerplay beta to how the bounties system works. The length of time bounties are active will scale according to the level of the bounty. So at the bottom end &#8211; an assault charge, for example &#8211; you would receive a bounty, but the time it remains active will be quite low, say 15 minutes. For more serious crimes the time will increase according to the value of the bounty, so at 1,000 credits it&#8217;s a day and up to a cap of seven days for bounties of 7,000 credits or higher. The active time will increase if you commit further crimes, so committing numerous assault crimes will increase the bounty value and the time that it is active. We think this will provide better proportionality for crimes that are committed."

Aisling Duval shown in the Newsletter:

AislingDuval.jpg

Rock hard defection over here. Sorry, Feds.

GeoGonzo

I saw a few threads about how the Diamondback is kind of lacking as an exploration ship. Not sure if they'll make any significant changes before release, but I liked how someone on reddit suggested switching its lvl2 slot for two lvl1 slots, to better fit the scanners.

Small bounties remaining active for a shorter time is a great change.

Aisling Duval shown in the Newsletter:
Rock hard defection over here. Sorry, Feds.
Huh... Crazy Harold has quite a beautiful daughter. No joke: I want to see everyone's faces between deciding who to follow.

Mengy

Newsletter is out!

Looks like the Diamondback will be the Diamondback Scout in the full release, with some tweaks:.

Oh wow, this is a nice change about the powerplay update mentioned in the newsletter:

Finally, Black Markets can be located on the galaxy map, so no more wasted trips for the galaxy's criminal element.

That's a very welcome change!

Oh, also they expect the update to go live next week. I better get my Asp refitted the way I want it before then....

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Nice dress. They messed up a bit with the photoshop with that metallic pattern on the back though - looks like it's a cutout to a texture that doesn't quite fit. It'll be fun to see stuff like this implemented with PBR with the new engines coming up in other games.

Mengy

Okay wow this newsletter actually has some good info in it. Here are two tidbits I find interesting:

There is one last new feature to be added before the beta is finished and that is the updated Newsfeeds. The GalNet news in Station Services will supply local news items only, but the new cockpit user interface is being added so that global news items can be accessed at any time, anywhere. These news items can now even include links to take you to the relevant system for the news item.

So GalNet news can now include hypertext that can plot a course for you on the galaxy map? That's outstanding.

The implementation of the 90% money back/10% charge for selling back used modules and weapons has proved to be a popular discussion! ... It is clear that some of you take a different approach to how you set up your ships and that is exactly what a beta is for – to gain feedback on changes. So we’ll take the comments onboard from all sides of the discussion and make a call on this before the end of beta.

Ooohh, so the module price penalty might go away yet? Man, I hope so.

Man, I hope there is a trade focused faction. Nothing like crushing your foes with an overwhelming economy.

My friend got into an anaconda. I thought my type7 was big.

Zalusithix

Man, I hope there is a trade focused faction. Nothing like crushing your foes with an overwhelming economy.

My friend got into an anaconda. I thought my type7 was big.

The T7 is actually rather compact for the cargo capacity. It pretty much swims on the large pad, and can squeeze through the envelope on a station even when a larger ship is coming through. If it weren't for the silly stub wings/fins it'd be even better in that regard.

You used the most economic route and not the quickest.

I actually think it was the quickest. But I didn't understand the importance of a good FSD at the time and only had maybe an 8 or 9LY jump range at the time. Plus the extremely small tank. I had a fuel scoop but it was only maybe 40 or 50 per whatever so everything just took a very long time. Needless to say, I have a better understanding of this shit, but it wasn't until I was 30 million in that it became clear.

Also, Aisling Duva is my Queen. Fuck your factions and scumbag usurpers. I'll murder all of you in your sleep for her.

Love Live The Empire.

Today I'll be moving my lone second ship (Cobra) to my new base of operations in preparation for PowerPlay: CUBEO. Home of the righteous Aisling Duva.

DrBo42

I actually think it was the quickest. But I didn't understand the importance of a good FSD at the time and only had maybe an 8 or 9LY jump range at the time.

Also, Aisling Duva is my Queen. Fuck your factions and scumbag usurpers. I'll murder all of you in your sleep for her.

Love Live The Empire.

Those that support dictatorship, slavery and suffering of their own people will quickly find themselves under the boot of the Federation. Long live democracy and justice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom