• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elminage Gothic |OT| - I cast magic missile at the darkness!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Getting this after work today, and I'm truly stoked. Loving the videos I've seen on youtube.

Dorarnae is a beast at this game, just saying.

Do believe hes pretty much the only one in the Beta who actually cleared the game. Which is why the devs were using his data lol

wizard341

Wow, do I feel dumb. I'm stuck on just the first floor of the dungeon. Can anyone help me out?

I have explored to the left and to the right of dungeon 1. There are 2 '!' marks on my map where people keep talking to me. Am I suppose to do something with them? I don't see any other place I can go, I've explored all the doors that are available to me (as far as I can tell)

Do believe hes pretty much the only one in the Beta who actually cleared the game. Which is why the devs were using his data lol

I've been subscribing to his youtube channel for awhile now and see him posting various places on the web about DRPGs for a long time.

Dorarnae, how many times have you played through E:G in all it's forms?

So I've just download and installed the game and I've tried to run it but it says there is missing executable. I've just checked the forum on Steam and apparently the newest update has messed it up. I wanted to dive in already...
Anyone else got the problem?

Also I can't find the preorder items because I have no idea where to find them.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So I've just download and installed the game and I've tried to run it but it says there is missing executable. I've just checked the forum on Steam and apparently the newest update has messed it up. I wanted to dive in already...
Anyone else got the problem?

They just pushed out an update that wiped the contents of the games install folder.

Whoops.

Niahak

They just pushed out an update that wiped the contents of the games install folder.

Whoops.

Huh. I wonder if that was their attempt to fix the pre-order issues (the artwork and music aren't included in the installer, though there's a DLC entry in Steam for them).

Hope I'm able to play tonight. I still have to download Wasteland 2 and was hoping to pass the time with this.

Tizoc

Odd I'm clicking on Play but the game doesn't run. Gonna have Steam check it's Integrity files.
EDIT: WTF how can such a thing even happen lol!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
What should I be doing with the ore I find? I don't see any difference between them when I go to enhance weapons and armor... They all seem to have the same effect.

Should I just use it all to upgrade?

Faustek

lol welcome to elminage. pretty much anyone who has played the game re-rolled a good number by accident. :D

Yeah..I know. The Elminage Original psp release shanked me a few times as well :D

Oh btw always wondered if the age abuse actually worked/works. Make a old as the grave character and use the "baby" scroll making them 1 year again..?

Easier to get that Lord straight away :)

I'm loving this game. It's taking me some getting used to since I've put so many hours into Elminage:Original on Vita.
Instinctively I'm wanting to press Vita buttons to navigate but I'm having to use this keyboard instead.

I really hope the game does well and we get more DRPGs from them

Well I have my party.

Samurai, Brawler, Valkyrie
Thief, Mage, Cleric

Quick Question. I got an event where I found some ore, but it said I needed a pick.
Is buying the weapon "pick" and having it in my inventory enough, or do I need to do something different?

Seda

Well I have my party.

Samurai, Brawler, Valkyrie
Thief, Mage, Cleric

Quick Question. I got an event where I found some ore, but it said I needed a pick.
Is buying the weapon "pick" and having it in my inventory enough, or do I need to do something different?

Yep, that's enough.

Dorarnae

I've been subscribing to his youtube channel for awhile now and see him posting various places on the web about DRPGs for a long time.

Dorarnae, how many times have you played through E:G in all it's forms?

3 time. once on psp, once on 3ds and once with the beta.

but I also played the other elminage a few time. probably played elminage 3 four times, did 2 two times and original 3 or 4 times.
the first few time were quite rough, since I don't really know japanese, and I was new in general to drpg. I watched a few video on nico nico to see a few things...learned the hard way heh.

but I also played the other elminage a few time. probably played elminage 3 four times, did 2 two times and original 3 or 4 times.
the first few time were quite rough, since I don't really know japanese, and I was new in general to drpg. I watched a few video on nico nico to see a few things...learned the hard way heh.

Haha, well, it's always great having a wizened near-celebrity vet on a series joining GAF.

It's amazing to me that you jumped in, without knowing japanese or anything.

I did that once with another niche game series, Densha De Go.
Never again. Couldn't imagine how hard it was to play Elminage blind, essentially.

cj_iwakura

It's amazing to me that you jumped in, without knowing japanese or anything.

I did that once with another niche game series, Densha De Go.
Never again. Couldn't imagine how hard it was to play Elminage blind, essentially.

DCs aren't that bad, really. Once you get spells and attack commands, unless there's quest stuff(and you care about plot), you're basically good to go.

I'm gonna have to do that for Wizardry PSN's sequel eventually.

Seda

I found a Ninja Suit which I put on my Thief - it gives him a 5% chance to behead enemies.

He ended up killing one of the main 'storyline' bosses on the second turn with it.

Huhaha

Man I really need to get good. I've had my first proper party wipe out. I was trying to get out and then I came across a tougher enemy group and that floored me. I think I'm going to make my front row again with a Dragonewt Brawler. I keep seeing people saying they're pretty good and I need a good attacker on my front line.

Either way I've spent over 3 hours playing this and I've only managed to get past the first floor of the first dungeon. I'm realllyyyy good at this. I think I might get Elminage Original next time it goes on sale on EU PSN.

Rolf NB

Man I really need to get good. I've had my first proper party wipe out. I was trying to get out and then I came across a tougher enemy group and that floored me. I think I'm going to make my front row again with a Dragonewt Brawler. I keep seeing people saying they're pretty good and I need a good attacker on my front line.

Either way I've spent over 3 hours playing this and I've only managed to get past the first floor of the first dungeon. I'm realllyyyy good at this. I think I might get Elminage Original next time it goes on sale on EU PSN.
The cramped interface kinda breaks it. I assume it's more useful in Japenese, but the translated text is too much to fit.
You have a bunch of those 1~2 line text boxes that scroll.

Unless of course you're so totally familiar with the series that you already know every item and every spell, and need no descriptions, ever. Then go ahead.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I found a Ninja Suit which I put on my Thief - it gives him a 5% chance to behead enemies.

He ended up killing one of the main 'storyline' bosses on the second turn with it.

Huhaha

lol oh man that is just too awesome.

Seda

Having multiple casts of Diomente helps a ton. One can leave the depths of a dungeon to heal up, clear inventory, and pop back right where you were to continue exploring or to take on a boss, etc.

I'm clearing some of these "Rank 3" dungeons, currently.

Anyone have a guide for unlocking all of the dungeons?
Reading the Japanese wiki is a headache.

I'm missing two
Afumu · Heather light cave
Nga-Nga-magi volcano

Wow, you quickly passed where I was. (at least in terms of open dungeons)

Rosslie Ruins first floor at coordinate (10,2), to unlock Afum Zar Light Cave.

In all fairness I had a bit of a headstart.
I'm actually at the final boss but I'm trying to find some better stuff to help deal with him.

Thanks, just unlocked the Light Cave.
Also unlocked the volcano. Guess that's that then.

Seda

Anyone have a guide for unlocking all of the dungeons?
Reading the Japanese wiki is a headache.

I'm missing two
Afumu · Heather light cave
Nga-Nga-magi volcano

Wow, you quickly passed where I was. (at least in terms of open dungeons)

Rosslie Ruins first floor at coordinate (10,2), to unlock Afum Zar Light Cave.

Top Bottom