• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Embargo on Nintendo Switch console/games previews lift on February 23th / March 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

I still need to find the time to give it that first chance. I was focused on other things at the end of the Wii era. I have the game. Just need to make time

I hear ya. The backlog is something to really reckon with at times. But, Skyward is well worth your time. When you do get to play it, make careful movements with the sword instead of waggling like I thought you were supposed to when we were first getting back into it. That really messed me up for a while. I would say you're going to be busy with a different Zelda for a while first, and when you do get to this one it will be something special and surely very different from BOTW. :)

Pretty obvious at this point that the VC will be one of the big announcements at E3 in a few months. I can even see them coming out and saying available today.... just to get some hype going. I just hope they come to the plate with a decent selection of offerings from multiple past consoles.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Press Release from

http://nintendoeverything.com/nindi...el-knight-for-switch-launch-no-vc-at-release/

The launch of the Nintendo Switch system is rapidly approaching on March 3, and Nintendo can confirm that Nintendo eShop will be ready to go, complete with a lineup of downloadable indie games. To celebrate many of these upcoming “Nindie” creations before launch, Nintendo will host a Nindies Showcase video presentation on Tuesday, Feb. 28, at 9 a.m. PT. Just visit http://live.nintendo.com to watch.

This year, Nintendo eShop will be home to more than 60 indie games, in addition to digital versions of packaged games, DLC and more. Three indies that will launch at the same time as the system on March 3 are:

FAST RMX from Shin’en Multimedia: Challenge your friends to local split-screen competition or take part in online races against players from all over the world. This lightning-fast anti-gravity racer is exclusive to Nintendo Switch.
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment from Yacht Club Games: The latest DLC for the critically acclaimed hit Shovel Knight is a full-featured game starring Specter Knight, one of the enemies from the original game. The massive campaign includes even more content than the last DLC, Plague of Shadows. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is exclusive to Nintendo Switch for a limited time.
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove from Yacht Club Games: For Shovel Knight’s biggest fans, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove includes the original Shovel Knight game, as well as all previously released DLC – even Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment! Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will be exclusive to Nintendo Switch for a limited time.

Some additional news about the launch of Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch includes:

People who already have funds in their accounts on other Nintendo devices can access them using a shared wallet that works on Nintendo Switch as well. Once they link their Nintendo Network ID and Nintendo Account and then their Nintendo Account to their Nintendo Switch system, this functionality becomes possible.
Virtual Console games will not be available on Nintendo Switch at launch. We will share more information in the future.
A news feature will offer updates about the latest additions to Nintendo eShop, as well as providing information about upcoming games and other updates from Nintendo.
To access Nintendo eShop, a system update that will be available on launch day is required. The system update downloads in the background, is designed to install quickly and doesn’t disrupt gameplay.

After visiting Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch for the first time, gamers can also purchase Nintendo Switch digital games on Nintendo.com. Users can purchase the games on Nintendo’s website and have them download automatically to their Nintendo Switch system at home or on the go, wherever there is a Wi-Fi connection.

Shovel Knight for launch yay

foxbeldin

xY8zfKW.png

TheFuzz

Yea just saw Fast RMX and Shovel Knight at launch, two titles which I wanted... so not all bad lol.

RMX is what I was waiting for. That is awesome news!

That's going to sell a lot at launch. Those two and Zelda are plenty for me until Snipperclips and MK8.

This was seeming extremely likely due to the lack of news. I wonder when they'll end up putting it out there?

My personal guess is late spring/early summer. Right now they've lined things up so that we have:
- Zelda + indies on day one
- Snipperclips in March
- MK8: Deluxe in late April
- ARMS in "Spring" (I'm guessing May for this one)

Announcing Virtual Console (please rename it to "Classics" or something similiar) and launching it with a ton of games would be a nice way to pad out the time between ARMS and Splatoon 2!

My biggest wish for the Switch is that they start treating their classic games (and those who purchase them) differently. No more drip-feeds of one or two games per week with a large gap between "big" titles. Give us NES Classic style content drops where we get a bundle of games dropped at once.

They'll still drip-feed VC games...

I remember when GS gave Twilight Princess an 8.8 and the Internet about exploded.

I remember going on to the IGN Wii message board and people were going crazy trying to gee Matt Casamassima up to confront Jeff Gerstmann.

Matt was just like 'I've seen it and I don't agree with it', but people actually wanted him go after Jeff! haha

The announcement is a tad disappointing but, as I mentioned in the other thread, Fast Racing and Shovel Knight are both perfect games to demonstrate the detachable Joy-Cons.

AGoodODST

Wait, Shovel Knight on Switch has local co-op right?

Those split joy cons are going to be getting a ton of use on Friday night with this and Bomberman (until girlfriend goes to bed and I can get peace to get absorbed into Zelda :p).

sugarless

Announcing Virtual Console (please rename it to "Classics" or something similiar)

I agree, Virtual Console is such a weird techie name. It makes it sound like emulation is some futuristic technology. It's not holograms, Nintendo, it's just your old games running on the new system. Nintendo Retro Classics or whatever is so much more marketable.

Nesther

Did it? I used my own UK adapter in Japan just fine. I think I used it in the US too.

Edit: oh, so was it the US adapter that was fixed voltage?

It might've just been the case with the US charger. I bought one in the states, and when going back to Europe I had to buy a new charger.

DatAhmedz

Did it? I used my own UK adapter in Japan just fine. I think I used it in the US too.

Can't speak for the UK adapter since I didn't try it, but the US one I got with my 3DS went up in smoke when I forgot to flip the voltage switch on my transformer lmao

Announcing Virtual Console (please rename it to "Classics" or something similiar) and launching it with a ton of games would be a nice way to pad out the time between ARMS and Splatoon 2!

Yeah, was thinking that may actually be the strategy here.

Chance are, pre-orders have been strong enough between system and Zelda sales to make it an easy choice, but bear in mind the core audience (us) will likely be keeping an eye on that d-pad ‘issue’ (sans Pro Controller) when it comes to VC games.

If Nintendo picks out a dry month where game launches are slow, the company can make a big deal of VC games hitting Switch to bolster the month, AND potentially a ‘VC Joycon’ with d-pad at the same time. That way the VC Joycon gets fanfare with games to take advantage of it at the same time, giving it a ‘launch boost’ for sales.

dozy

Neo Member

EU Adapters working fine in US and Japan...but you don't want to use a US or JP in EU, cause the input voltage is to high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom