• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eminem draws the red line in Hip-Hop Awards cypher

ch4fx_

In 2013 he was still using the word fag and referring to gays derogatorily on Rap God.

Eminem said:
Yeah. It was more like calling someone a bitch or a punk or asshole. So that word was just thrown around so freely back then. It goes back to that battle, back and forth in my head, of wanting to feel free to say what I want to say, and then [worrying about] what may or may not affect people. And, not saying it's wrong or it's right, but at this point in my career – man, I say so much shit that's tongue-in-cheek. I poke fun at other people, myself. But the real me sitting here right now talking to you has no issues with gay, straight, transgender, at all. I'm glad we live in a time where it's really starting to feel like people can live their lives and express themselves. And I don't know how else to say this, I still look at myself the same way that I did when I was battling and broke.

Glad I could help clear that up.

Awww, you're upset at what he said. Have you burned all of your Eminem merch yet, or is that this weekend??
Haha, what? I don't think I've listened to Eminem since I was 15 (I'm 25 now), and I dislike Trump a lot more than I do Eminem.

Not all of us enjoy listening to homophobic and misogynistic music from a privileged white guy appropriating black culture. Is he still wearing durags?

Realeza

Banned
Haha, what? I don't think I've listened to Eminem since I was 15 (I'm 25 now), and I dislike Trump a lot more than I do Eminem.

Not all of us enjoy listening to homophobic and misogynistic music from a privileged white guy appropriating black culture. Is he still wearing durags?

So you are just ignorant as fuck. Still don't get a pass.

And then you saw the one guy condemn and attack the worse guy, and when everyone here agreed that was a good thing, it sounded like the perfect time to put down the less terrible guy.
What?

TraBuch

Banned

So you dislike Trump way more than Eminem, yet in a topic about Eminem insulting Trump, you choose to insult Eminem?

Ignorant in what sense? I'm well informed on Eminem and his music (it's awful). Just because I don't like him doesn't mean I'm ignorant lol wtf kind of logic is that.

Contradicting much?

Saganator

Yeah because Em totally came up as a privileged rich white boy. Was he supposed to stop being himself as soon as he made it big and act like a proper white boy?

So tired of people saying just because someone is rich then they need to shut up. Football players making millions but grew up in poverty need just forget where they came from and shut up. Just because someone has risen despite their oppression doesn't mean they now need to shut the fuck up about the oppression they grew up with.

And then you saw the one guy condemn and attack the worse guy, and when everyone here agreed that was a good thing, it sounded like the perfect time to put down the less terrible guy.
What?

So you dislike Trump way more than Eminem, yet in a topic about Eminem insulting Trump, you choose to insult Eminem?
There's plenty of Trump threads around but not a lot of Eminem ones. In fact, Trump isn't even in the thread title.

____

Em trying hard to stay relevant. He should call Donnie and thank him.

Not to dog pile, but...like...BET invited -him- to the show.

Edit:

Also this, with just his latest album:

In the United States, the album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, selling more than 792,000 copies in its first week, becoming the second-biggest debut of 2013 and the second-largest sales week of the year, only behind the debut of Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience, which bowed at number one with 968,000 in March. The Marshall Mathers LP 2 logs the sixth-biggest sales week of the past five years. The album also marks Eminem's seventh No. 1 album.

In the United Kingdom, the album debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart, selling over 143,000 copies, becoming Eminem's seventh consecutive No. 1 album in the UK. By achieving such a feat, Eminem became the first American act to score seven consecutive UK Number 1 albums and is now on par with The Beatles in second place for the most chart-topping UK albums in a row.[112] The album was the best-selling album of 2013 in Canada, with over 242,000 units sold.[113] In Australia, the album debuted at atop the ARIA Albums Chart, with only three days of chart sales, becoming his seventh No. 1 album in the country.[114][115] It remained at number-one on the ARIA Albums Chart in its second week.[116] The Marshall Mathers LP 2 finished 2013 with 3.8 million copies sold worldwide.[2]

not a fan of Eminem but this.. wasnt bad. he went pretty hard, no subtlety at all lol. which was nice. a couple really clever lines.

fuck Trump indeed.

TraBuch

Banned
There's plenty of Trump threads around but not a lot of Eminem ones. In fact, Trump isn't even in the thread title.
So there was too much Trump bashing in other topics for your tastes so you decided to take this opportunity to even things out a bit.

Got it.

Having a hard time if we have trumpkins coming out of the woodworks or people's distaste for Eminem is overpowering their distaste for 45th.

So there was too much Trump bashing in other topics for your tastes so you decided to take this opportunity to even things out a bit.

Got it.

That poster has created tons of anti-Trump threads.

His comment was kind of silly but y’all don’t have to jump down throats without looking.

All Eminem needs to do to stay relevant is put out an album.

You're being dishonest in your argument.
Hmm, hard to say. Now that he insulted Trump that means his most devoted fanbase has abandoned him, and to us normal folk I'm not sure rapping about fantasizing killing gays and women would fly in 2017.

Hmm, hard to say. Now that he insulted Trump that means his most devoted fanbase has abandoned him, and to us normal folk I'm not sure rapping about fantasizing killing gays and women would fly in 2017.
What makes you think the most devoted Eminem fans are also Trumpers?

Realeza

Banned

Stop arguing like you think you have any idea of what you are talking about. Dude will drop an album and will get 500k in actual physical sales at the absolute worst.

Joe T.

Having a hard time if we have trumpkins coming out of the woodworks or people's distaste for Eminem is overpowering their distaste for 45th.

"Only thing people hate more than trump on gaf is eminem. Haters assemble..."

"Eminem sucks balls now."

"Sometimes [pro Eminem opinions] are so wrong they become a bannable offense."

Those were posted in this thread about a year ago and went largely unchallenged.

Top Bottom