• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eminem draws the red line in Hip-Hop Awards cypher

"just saw this video"

25 minutes long youtube link

video uploader is a GG type

poster is claiming ignorance and wants topic they know nothing about explained to them but for some reason they're always in the threads about the topic?

We've seen this before, many times. I'm not watching the video. It's up to you to summarize a video if you're going to blindly link one that's 25 minutes long. Or stop using a tactic so crusty it's got fossils in it.

And this is why i said let's just drop it here, but people want me to respond, that much is clear. I am also certainly not the only one jumping to conclusions here. I am always in these threads about topics i'm ignorant about? Exeggerating much? This topic and Weinstein recently yes, i wanted to know a few things on that. How am i always in these threads, come on man.

what kind of bullshit-ass youtube channels are you linking to? How did you even find this shit?

You "barely follow the news at all", but you managed to randomly find some tiny-ass "anti-SJW" channel on Youtube where you can point out a black dude shitting on Eminem for saying this?

Bullshit, dude. You aren't fooling anybody.

People accuse me of being ignorant and i agree, i am and it's my bad i didn't read up on stuff first. But here you are jumping to crazy conclusions yourself. I managed to find some tiny-ass ''anti-SJW'' channel? No not at all. I've been watching this guy's videos for a few years now because believe it or not, the majority of his videos used to be about hiphop and back then i was searching on Youtube for channels covering hiphop. I dig his style of covering albums and artists and news around hiphop.

Nothing random about this and ''where you can point out a black dude shitting on Eminem for saying this?'' is simply not the case at all here.

Why in the holy living fuck are you posting about what Eminem should or shouldn’t do if you’re completely ignorant about what he’s doing in the first place? You have absolutely no idea what you’re saying yet you’re passing judgment. What made you think it was a good idea to do that?

I don’t believe a word of this shit. You’re transparent as hell.

That's your right if you choose to not believe me. I'm being 100% genuine here though. Ever since the elections and before i barely followed it. Of course i knew about the news that he won, that kind of news can't be missed really but from that point on very little i've followed. And yes i did see threads in this section about him, but believe it or not i never accessed them. Call it stupid or ridiculous or whatever you want, but i haven't been actively following the majority of world news for a while now. Terrorist attacks i've been following a little because friends notifiy me of it. But i've been keeping to myself a lot for a while now and when i am around friends we barely/if ever discuss politics. I used to with my father, but he's resting in peace.

The reason i decided to stay away from most news is because the majority is just negative and yes i know thats reality, that's the world....but i don't want to constantly feel miserable about it. So it's my choice to do that. It was also my choice to prematurely make a post about this freestyle. I fully acknowedge that.

There is nobody in the world who doesn’t know who or what kind of man Donald Trump is.

Even the most out of touch old lady in the corner of south east Asia knows what kind of man Donald Trump is.

That would surprise you then. The other day i was talking to some people and a few of them had very litte knowledge of all the happenings. One said ''it's not like Obama was a hero, how bad can he be?'' and those are not my words. It just showed me that there definitely are people that ARE completely out of touch with the news.

And there are more examples of it.

You keep repeating " I don't know anything" but keep speaking definitively

Not sure what you mean here. I've done my best trying to explain what i meant and i said i was in the wrong. I've learned my lesson. What exactly am i speaking definitively about?

SaviourMK2

The timing for Eminem trending in regards to being totally anti-trump is a little too coincidental for me.
I had just purchased digital versions of both "The Eminem Show" and both Marshall Mathers LP" after my original CDs where un-rippable from overuse as a teen. I was listening to them at work when I noticed it trending on FB.

Imagine trying to play this off. Nobody is falling your act.

And again this is why i wanted to drop it, because it's clearly just never going to stop. What exacrly do you want me to say? I could have completely ignored all these replies too and have kept it at that.

It's not an act at all, there is zero reason for me to pretend.

But hey go ahead and just believe it. I'm not surprised though, someone fucks up, me in this case and it's almost as i've commited a crime. I'm done. I've said what i wanted to say, not much else there is to say and it's certainly not something i'm gonna lose sleep over, whether you'll believe me or not that is. Way more serious and important matters in my life to worry about right now.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Was about to post this, glad they tackled this. Myke is right on the money and says all that needs to be said. So many people complaining about 'flow' or his skill are completely missing the point.
Ppl complaining about flow must never heard a cypher before. It's like spoken word or just regular rap, there is no textbook way to do it.

And I agree, flow wasn't the point. Not to me. It's why I like some rappers more than others. The content.

Listen, I don't follow the news or really care about any of this at all, but here's my uninformed, unwanted, ignorant opinion.

Here's the reality of things, if you're not following the news and are content to stick your head in the sand you deserve what you get. Even children care about these issues. If you're not informed, you need to get informed, if you're not mad, you need to get mad. The world is suffering because of Trump, THE WORLD. We're one tweet away from fucking nukes launching. Think about that for a second and then reconsider your stance.

Listen, I don't follow the news or really care about any of this at all, but here's my uninformed, unwanted, ignorant opinion.

Here's the reality of things, if you're not following the news and are content to stick your head in the sand you deserve what you get. Even children care about these issues. If you're not informed, you need to get informed, if you're not mad, you need to get mad. The world is suffering because of Trump, THE WORLD. We're one tweet away from fucking nukes launching. Think about that for a second and then reconsider your stance.

I actually was in that thread as well and to me it seemed people weren't really taking all that stuff too seriously. Calling those tweets between the two nothing more than big man talk and bluffs. But yeah, it definitely is scary though and remains to be seen how much of a bluff it really is.

As for getting informed, getting mad, i did say i should have done some reading first and i intend to. I'm being genuine when i say i messed up, my bad and that i've learned my lesson. Again, i could have ignored all the replies and just leave it there but i didn't want to do that. I wanted to let folks know i acknowledge my mistake. People don't believe it and....it is what itis. I would say that usually my posts are pretty decent..pretty level-headed if that's the right wording. Here it was me fucking up. Simple as that.

Can watch a 25 minute video from a random but can't Google "trump"?

And again, not random. I've been watching his videos coverng hiphop for years now. Certainly not a randm channel at all for me. So yesterday i saw his Eminem video in the 'recommended' section of Youtube. Nothing random.

Can watch a 25 minute video from a random but can't Google "trump"?

The poster keeps trying to defend this ignorance, but I won't believe it without a specific explanation, such as "I've been living in a bomb shelter since the Cold War" or "I tragically lost the ability to absorb new information in 2013" or "I'm literally Gilligan and I just got back from the island".

Rmagnus

Banned
I actually was in that thread as well and to me it seemed people weren't really taking all that stuff too seriously. Calling those tweets between the two nothing more than big man talk and bluffs. But yeah, it definitely is scary though and remains to be seen how much of a bluff it really is.

As for getting informed, getting mad, i did say i should have done some reading first and i intend to. I'm being genuine when i say i messed up, my bad and that i've learned my lesson. Again, i could have ignored all the replies and just leave it there but i didn't want to do that. I wanted to let folks know i acknowledge my mistake. People don't believe it and....it is what itis. I would say that usually my posts are pretty decent..pretty level-headed if that's the right wording. Here it was me fucking up. Simple as that.

And again, not random. I've been watching his videos coverng hiphop for years now. Certainly not a randm channel at all for me. So yesterday i saw his Eminem video in the 'recommended' section of Youtube. Nothing random.

Maybe take the effort to learn about something before coming in amd start talking bullshit

Phase 4 imminent

Not gonna happen here. I can understand the reactions.

The poster keeps trying to defend this ignorance, but I won't believe it without a specific explanation, such as "I've been living in a bomb shelter since the Cold War" or "I tragically lost the ability to absorb new information in 2013" or "I'm literally Gilligan and I just got back from the island".

I did just say i was keeping to myself for quite a while now and with that i basically mean...isolate myself from a lot of people except family and just now and then visiting my friends. Unemployed for quite some time, so no people at work to discuss news matters with. At home? Mostly on Netflix, gaming, just playing with my dog, doing stuff mostly on my own.

I do randomly catch up on some news things because friends notifiy me of that via WhatsApp and most of the time that is either news about my country or terrorist attacks, very little...if at all about politics. I really have no reason at all to make all of this up, just trying to clarify myself which is something i really don't even have to do. Don;t know what else i can tell you.

Maybe take the effort to learn about something before coming in amd start talking bullshit

Yes, i did say this myself a couple of times now. I realize this. But is it impossible for people to just say ''well at least you admit to your mistakes and that youve learned your lesson. Now go do that reading up/research''?

Bro what? You say this channel is something you watch for years yet ignorant of the issues people have with Trump on this very forum? The god damn channel has a video titled Trump vs. SJWs.

Bro what? You say this channel is something you watch for years yet ignorant of the issues people have with Trump on this very forum? The god damn channel has a video titled Trump vs. SJWs.

But dude, i don't watch those videos. The only reason i watched the Em video is because i appreciate Em as an artist and i wanted to hear his view on the freestyle/cypher. The guy lately has a lot of non hiphop news and i'm not on that channel for that at all.

But dude, i don't watch those videos. The only reason i watched the Em video is because i appreciate Em as an artist and i wanted to hear his view on the freestyle/cypher. The guy lately has a lot of non hiphop news and i'm not on that channel for that at all.

Bro you cannot claim ignorance on these issues when one of the youtube channels you claim to watch has such videos. You may not even watch them but you know about them. Hell he has a damn video up about the Charlotteville rally. How havent you noticed the daily Trump threads on this board that are clearly titled on how bad of a job he is doing?
It took this thread for you to notice? Really?

Take the L?

Nah. This thread is about to take the L, because someone seems to be trying very hard to get the thread locked.

On topic, I'm glad to see Em take a stand. I feel we need more white people to join us in saying things are f'd up and need to be changed.

I think people tend to tune out when it's mostly just Black and Brown speaking up.

And too many influencial people (White and PoC) seem to worry more about trying not to offend any side or affect business, and won't say "f' you racists. I don't give a fuck about your fandom or money" like Em did.

Bro you cannot claim ignorance on these issues when one of the youtube channels you claim to watch has such videos. You may not even watch them but you know about them. Hell he has a damn video up about the Charlotteville rally. How havent you noticed the daily Trump threads on this board that are clearly titled on how bad of a job he is doing?
It took this thread for you to notice? Really?

I think i definitely can because before this thread i had no idea wtf SJW meant, i'm being serious here. Of course i noticed the Charlotteville video, didn't watch it though. I believe i did visit the thread about it here though. I know about threads here but as i said i barely ever entered these Trump threads and the times i spoke to people here about Trump, which are rare....it never really went into detail. The few times i did speak to folk about it it was like ''yeah he's quite something. Let;s just wait and see if he'll start doing some good.''

So yeah i know he's not exactly the best president but Jesus, i honestly wasn't aware the guy was about all the things that have been mentioned here.Im sure this sounds incredible to all of you, but i'm serious. I....definitely more people here in my city clearly don't really have the awareness of how bad the man really is.

Take the L?

Nah. This thread is about to take the L, because someone seems to be trying very hard to get the thread locked.

On topic, I'm glad to see Em take a stand. I feel we need more white people to join us in saying things are f'd up and need to be changed.

I think people tend to tune out when it's mostly just Black and Brown speaking up.

And too many influencial people (White and PoC) seem to worry more about trying not to offend any side or affect business, and won't say "f' you racists. I don't give a fuck about your fandom or money" like Em did.

Oh and now i'm trying really hard to get the thread locked? How exactly? It's not like people here are insulting eachother or anything like that. It's just a discussion, it's a message board. Come on now man.

But lets go back on topic, lets just drop it shall we.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Man for someone who said we should drop this you keep coming back here and responding to people. How about instead of defending your incredible ignorance and continuing to blab over about how you didn't know, you shut the fuck up, leave this thread and actually do that "research" you've been talking about. You're looking dumber and dumber with each post.

Man for someone who said we should drop this you keep coming back here and responding to people. How about instead of defending your incredible ignorance and continuing to blab over about how you didn't know, you shut the fuck up, leave this thread and actually do that "research" you've been talking about. You're looking dumber and dumber with each post.

Unfrozen%2BCave%2BMan%2BLawyer.jpg

m23

Mosquito, just do yourself a favour. Get out of this thread, read up on the news and get educated on what's going on in the world. Maybe this can be a good thing for you, Eminem may have been the one to get you to look into what's going on right now, and you know what, I think this may have been one of his goals.

For his fans who don't pay attention to what's happening, they might actually go out and read the news and see the effects of Trump's decisions. I don't live in the US, I'm in Canada, and trust me, we will be feeling the effects of his decisions up here - your country may as well.

If there is one thing to learn from this thread - pay attention.

Thanks for sharing. Good watch.

_Ryo_

Just saw this video

https://youtu.be/o5dcWQun5ZM

He clearly disliked the freestyle and the reasons he gives are valid. To me it also felt like Em was just following the mainstream of hating on Trump. I'm not saying I support him or like or dislike him, I honestly have no opinion about him because I barely follow the news at all.

Em basically saying you can't be a fan of him if you supported or still support Trump is of course utter horseshit really. And as this guy points out - - > https://youtu.be/F2HwCLm92ns

Trump introducing and endorsing Slim Shady before he performs in 2004. And hey who knows, maybe he genuinely feels this way about Trump but it didn't seem all that genuine to me and at the end of the day as a freestyle it really wasn't all that great at all, he sounded tired as if he was almost reaching for breath at times. Seen him do much much better.

1. You're totally lying if you're saying you have no opinion about Trump.
2. If you actually do not really have any opinion about Trump, you're being willfully ignorant and purposefully ignoring every awful thing he has said and done.
3. Doing either makes you not great imo.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Are you that guy who kept doubling down in that Weinstein thread?

Because you really need to log off your account for a few weeks at this point. You're digging a ridiculous Gaf grave for your account with this ridiculousness.

Are you that guy who kept doubling down in that Weinstein thread?

Because you really need to log off your account for a few weeks at this point. You're digging a ridiculous Gaf grave for your account with this ridiculousness.

Not really sure what you mean by that. I was in a Weinstein thread or two and asked a few things about Polanski, especially about that gif where a lot of actors and directors are applauding. Not sure i was doubling down on anything, maybe a different poster?

Either way i'm dropping out of the subject, it's not worth a ban if it's actually gonna come to that, not my intention.

It's unfortunate yet true that we NEED white allies to stand with us or really go out of their way to take up certain causes. Going to an extreme, the white freedom riders who gave their lives along with black folks who were killed by cops just for riding together. We definitely need more non-black folks to ride with us.

What I like that Em did here was denounce his trump supporting fans, that was even stronger than clowning trump since basically everyone with a brain does that but Mark Hamill hasn't straight up said if you support trump fuck you lol

“It was trash,” he said. “He can do better.” Staples went on to assert that if he were to rap those lines, it would be taken less seriously: “If I said, ‘This is for Colin/Ball up a fist/And keep it balled up/Like Donald the bitch,’ they would be like, ‘Get this nigga out of here.’”

It would be 'taken less seriously' because apparently Staples didn't even get the 'balled/bald' pun even though Eminem literally put his hand on his head when he said 'bald'.

“It was trash,” he said. “He can do better.” Staples went on to assert that if he were to rap those lines, it would be taken less seriously: “If I said, ‘This is for Colin/Ball up a fist/And keep it balled up/Like Donald the bitch,’ they would be like, ‘Get this nigga out of here.’”

It would be 'taken less seriously' because apparently Staples didn't even get the 'balled/bald' pun even though Eminem literally put his hand on his head when he said 'bald'.

That was a joke by Staples. Follow Twitter instead of fake news twisting his words.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
That was a joke by Staples. Follow Twitter instead of fake news twisting his words.

Mostly sounded like Staples got called out for some dumb comments and played the,"Its just a joke" card. If there is more to it that's cool but it doesn't exactly seem like he was making some high minded critique of Em.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Ppl complaining about flow must never heard a cypher before. It's like spoken word or just regular rap, there is no textbook way to do it.

And I agree, flow wasn't the point. Not to me. It's why I like some rappers more than others. The content.

I think he also wanted people to understand every word that he was saying.

collige

Banned
Mostly sounded like Staples got called out for some dumb comments and played the,"Its just a joke" card. If there is more to it that's cool but it doesn't exactly seem like he was making some high minded critique of Em.
He specifically said he only had a problem with the bars themselves, not the message. Nothing really dumb about his comments, they were just subjective

Top Bottom