• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eminem draws the red line in Hip-Hop Awards cypher

Naw, he prefers to support artists that actually do it.

I don't support Roman Polanski but I love Chinatown and would suggest others watch it. That's a good ass movie.

Lol missing the damn point. Oh this rapper is not as great as this other rapper that I like.. in a thread about Trump getting his nuts kicked in.

If anything's "the point", it's that Em told half his fanbase to fuck off for supporting Trump. That's pretty cool. But I'm personally not going to overly praise Em for "kicking Trump nuts in", dogging Trump is logical especially if you're a rapper known for skewering celebrities and politicians. The line in the sand was Em separating himself from his fans who also support Trump, mr point pointer. This thread is about Eminem, I'm not exactly criminally off topic posting about him being seen as greater than Kendrick. You act like I'm out of the blue talking about Nas vs Jay-Z

Or he's just getting old.

Famous people are not allowed to grow older.

These pictures about 20 years apart? Drugs may have a part... But I swear some of y'all just post nonsense for nothing.

its called aging? he was in his late 20's in that pic and now he is 44. and thats also a horrendous photo with bad lighting

There's plenty of 40+ year old celebrities that have aged more gracefully than he has. The lighting has got nothing to do with it

Why end "we love our military"? That mentality is so strange as a European.

it's rhetoric. For reasons, Americans have to pretend that our wars are just and that our soldiers are inherently good guys so Em felt he had to throw in some patriotism at the end of his verse denouncing the President and his supporters

There's plenty of 40+ year old celebrities that have aged more gracefully than he has. The lighting has got nothing to do with it

I'm pretty sure Em got depressed, became overweight and forgot how to rap for a few years before pulling himself back together

redfox088

Banned
You know who doesn't rap about assaulting his wife?

You'd think that would give Kenny the edge over Eminem for greatest lyricist alive, since she apparently doesn't approve of such lyrics after Em said fuck her for being a Trump supporter.

Fuck the silly derailment though. What really irks me is the idea that Marshall Mathers is actually a greater rapper and lyricist than Kendrick Lamar Duckworth in 2017, gtfoh
it's like saying Lebron isn't greater than Larry Bird
That’s what irks me to fam....fuck that noise lol fuck the actual thread topic this thotbot had the gall to say, after the 5 year run kdot been on since fucking GKMC...she would rather give that mantle to a white guy...then what happened to the other fucko who disrespected my niggas cole, Mensa, joey, etc. by saying “ finally, a (white) rapper who actually has something meaningful to say other than the other (white) rapper” FOH my nigga.

Yet you're literally defending someone out of context. What do you know about this person, other than you came in a thread, read a few sentences, and then decided to pick apart the semantics of a few tweets?

She's 100% back pedaling and being a hypocrite, and this isn't the first time, nor will it be the last time. She's a fan (or was?).

Just. Stop. Seriously, it's absolutely stupid to get into these mental gymnastics, trying to flex on people randomly in forums because you think you've got this great handle on semantics and sentence structure. She's a piece of garbage, and she'll say anything to rile up her base and get more people to pay attention to her so she stays relevant. She's gunning for a position with a major news network, just like Tomi Lahren and the rest of their ilk. You playing their little game doesn't help shit. Just. Stop.

You're good at completely missing a point. Anyway, I've made mine.

redfox088

Banned
You're good at completely missing a point. Anyway, I've made mine.
You really haven’t...you found a weak cop out for her and yourself. She had no problem with his lyrics and even thinks he was the greatest until he says fuck trump. She never had a problem with him before until now and even (most definitely) said he was greater than kendrick. Just because he was white....now all of the sudden his lyrics are garbage. You probably agree with her now that I think about it.

You really haven’t...you found a weak cop out for her and yourself. She had no problem with his lyrics and even thinks he was the greatest until he says fuck trump. She never had a problem with him before until now and even (most definitely) said he was greater than kendrick. Just because he was white....now all of the sudden his lyrics are garbage. You probably agree with her now that I think about it.

He's on the other side of the line Eminem drew

Budi

what a strange thing to say...

politically charged rap music [or music in general] is always the best music.
Wait what, politics in music and in rap of all things. Not sure I believe you. Music is about fun, just like gaming and movies. Politics are for the congress. Party up bitches! But not political parties.

It’s not my war mate.

The wars to secure oil and keep the war machine fed?

When Americans talk about honoring or respecting the Military, it's about the members of the Military. The people. Whatever your beliefs may be about war and the reasons for it, culturally, Americans largely feel that our military exists to protect our country. So the people who join do so primarily out of a sense of wanting to protect others. So as civilians, there's a level of respect that we generally want to show to those people because they're putting their lives on the line for us.

It's not about the reasons for war. It's not about the goal. It's not about superiority. It's about people.

m23

You can't actually be serious. It's called make up, many of those 40+ year old celebrities you're thinking of use it quite a bit.

And? Who gives a fuck. He could look like fucking Yoda on heroine, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

That cypher was lit though. It shows he actually gives a shit that he is willing to tell a large part (half??) of his fans to go fuck themselves, potentially shutting off that part of his revenue stream.

And yeah, all the wannabe nazi dumdums probably thought White America was in support of THEM. Idiots gonna be idiots I suppose.

You can't actually be serious. It's called make up, many of those 40+ year old celebrities you're thinking of use it quite a bit.
I am being serious. It isn't a good look for him.
And? Who gives a fuck.
I do.
He could look like fucking Yoda on heroine, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
This was coming down from someone else I quoted earlier that he was running out of breath during the cypher.

Angst

When Americans talk about honoring or respecting the Military, it's about the members of the Military. The people. Whatever your beliefs may be about war and the reasons for it, culturally, Americans largely feel that our military exists to protect our country. So the people who join do so primarily out of a sense of wanting to protect others. So as civilians, there's a level of respect that we generally want to show to those people because they're putting their lives on the line for us.

It's not about the reasons for war. It's not about the goal. It's not about superiority. It's about people.
Good point. So it's more like respecting the soldiers than respecting the military as an institution?

Where do you have to be at in life to care about Eminem's skin texture?

I agree about his skin texture, but I would actually be curious to see how far down his testicles have sagged. He seems like someone who wears boxers, so I'll bet they are whacking his knees. I also wonder if he still has regularly bowel movements.

gamz

I agree about his skin texture, but I would actually be curious to see how far down his testicles have sagged. He seems like someone who wears boxers, so I'll bet they are whacking his knees. I also wonder if he still has regularly bowel movements.

Do you think his stubble is dyed?

Wait what, politics in music and in rap of all things. Not sure I believe you. Music is about fun, just like gaming and movies. Politics are for the congress. Party up bitches! But not political parties.

What? no.

There are/were bands that only made political music. Some genres and subcultures are basically born out of political agendas.

Edit: gotta RMA my sarcasm detector now...

Budi

What? no.

There are/were bands that only made political music. Some genres and subcultures are basically born out of political agendas.
Yeah, I really shouldn't have said something sarcastically when it's possible that someone says that while being entirely serious. It was ment to mock the "keep politics out of music" attitude. Which why I included gaming and movies to make it bit clearer. Like we've had these "why did you have to make it political?" people about new Wolfenstein. Hoping that a rap album doesn't have any "politics" just seemed really funny to me, before I started to weep. It's been so big part of social activism and giving people a voice.

Yeah, I really shouldn't have said something sarcastically when it's possible that someone says that while being entirely serious. It was ment to mock the "keep politics out of music" attitude. Which why I included gaming and movies to make it bit clearer. Like we've had these "why did you have to make it political?" people about new Wolfenstein. Hoping that a rap album doesn't have any "politics" just seemed really funny to me, before I started to weep.

Nah it's cool I got it, just missed the original post, hence my edit.

Do you think his stubble is dyed?

The stubble and his muscles are definitely airbrushed on. I'm also positive that if we saw a photo of him from the waist down in shorts and sandals he would look like a 90 year old man with his limp calf muscles and his knobbly fish feet.

gamz

The stubble and his muscles are definitely airbrushed on. I'm also positive that if we saw a photo of him from the waist down in shorts and sandals he would look like a 90 year old man with his limp calf muscles and his knobbly fish feet.

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure he was lip syncing that cypher.

Fuck Trump

tumblr_ogz2wx_Bcx_P1s3y9slo1_500.gif

tumblr_oxn0m9fUql1qg6i18o5_r1_540.gif

Takes me back 20 years. Has Britney said anything?

Realeza

Banned
Donny's soul was burned by this. A video with a direct message to him, with almost 30 million views, and he hasn't replied to it. I mean, he even replied Snoop Dogg for something way smaller lmao.

He's pointing out that you're being a knob, which is important because you're stinking up the thread.

Anyway, I'm amazed Trumpy hasn't responded. So good.
this logic never made sense to me. i spoke my mind and someone responded so I responded. if no one wanted to talk about it feel free to let it go

Cuburt

Donny's soul was burned by this. A video with a direct message to him, with almost 30 million views, and he hasn't replied to it. I mean, he even replied Snoop Dogg for something way smaller lmao.

He probably knows that getting into a war of words with someone like Eminem isn't something that would go well for him in the court of public opinion.

Just saw this video

https://youtu.be/o5dcWQun5ZM

He clearly disliked the freestyle and the reasons he gives are valid. To me it also felt like Em was just following the mainstream of hating on Trump. I'm not saying I support him or like or dislike him, I honestly have no opinion about him because I barely follow the news at all.

Em basically saying you can't be a fan of him if you supported or still support Trump is of course utter horseshit really. And as this guy points out - - > https://youtu.be/F2HwCLm92ns

Trump introducing and endorsing Slim Shady before he performs in 2004. And hey who knows, maybe he genuinely feels this way about Trump but it didn't seem all that genuine to me and at the end of the day as a freestyle it really wasn't all that great at all, he sounded tired as if he was almost reaching for breath at times. Seen him do much much better.

Just saw this video

He clearly disliked the freestyle and the reasons he gives are valid. To me it also felt like Em was just following the mainstream of hating on Trump. I'm not saying I support him or like or dislike him, I honestly have no opinion about him because I barely follow the news at all.

Em basically saying you can't be a fan of him if you supported or still support Trump is of course utter horseshit really. And as this guy points out - - > https://youtu.be/F2HwCLm92ns

Trump introducing and endorsing Slim Shady before he performs in 2004. And hey who knows, maybe he genuinely feels this way about Trump but it didn't seem all that genuine to me and at the end of the day as a freestyle it really wasn't all that great at all, he sounded tired as if he was almost reaching for breath at times. Seen him do much much better.

I mean that was 2004...13 years ago. Not many people knew what Trump was then

Just saw this video

Nah it was cool. He told his own fans to fuck off for supporting Trump. I haven't heard any other entertainer do that.

Not

Banned
Just saw this video

Can't wait for you to reach the anger stage.

Just saw this video

In his first video he's wearing a No Lives Matter t-shirt, and alot of his other videos he's railing against Social Justice Warriors. Excuse me if I don't waste my time listening to more of this guy.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just saw this video

... you're surprised people feel differently about Donald Trump in 2017 than they did in 2004?

m23

Just saw this video

Lol at following the mainstream.

I mean that was 2004...13 years ago. Not many people knew what Trump was then

That's true and like I said and admitted I don't follow much of the news. So I can't say all this hate on him is warranted or not, but I don't know man, it didn't seem all that real to me what Em did here.

Nah it was cool. He told his own fans to fuck off for supporting Trump. I haven't heard any other entertainer do that.

Nope no artist does that because you're pretty much alienating your fanbase. You seriously find it a good thing he's telling his fans they can't be a fan of his music or him because they happend to have voted for Trump? I agree with the YouTube guy, that's not the right way to go about it.

Look I don't live in the USA, but if I did and I found out a friend of mine had voted for him. Should I have abandoned the guy? Told him to basically buzz off? I just don't believe that's the right way.

That's true and like I said and admitted I don't follow much of the news. So I can't say all this hate on him is warranted or not, but I don't know man, it didn't seem all that real to me what Em did here.

Nope no artist does that because you're pretty much alienating your fanbase. You seriously find it a good thing he's telling his fans they can't be a fan of his music or him because they happend to have voted for Trump? I agree with the YouTube guy, that's not the right way to go about it.

Trump ran an openly racist campaign. Anyone who voted for him can go fuck themselves forever. Good on Eminem for doing the right thing and rubbing their faces in it.

tuna_love

Banned

you dont know if the hate for trump is warranted?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

To go about what?

Look I don't live in the USA, but if I did and I found out a friend of mine had voted for him. Should I have abandoned the guy? Told him to basically buzz off? I just don't believe that's the right way.

The right way to what?

m23

You don't need to follow news to understand the hate against Trump. Do you live under a rock?

The cypher seemed genuine as hell to me, not sure what real means to you.

Top Bottom