• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulator Screenshot Thread

BlackBeetleKing

Neo Member
some zelda screenshots I took 2 years ago

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
(SweetFX, disable fog/dof/huds)
10137323663_584233d83b_o.png

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
(SweetFX, disable fog/bloom/huds)
10437977643_0d74324926_o.png

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
(SweetFX, disable dof/huds)
9551820399_a38c7a9462_o.png

bomblord1

Banned
finally have a PC strong enough to properly emulate PS2 games.
Tales of the Abyss - 6x IR

64ee5555bd.jpg

b6a1ee8bac.jpg

13a453ce95.jpg

Looks clean but you are definitely stretched. I've found the PCSX2 built in screenshot tool does that when running at the preset IR and using widescreen settings.

Hikami

Looks clean but you are definitely stretched. I've found the PCSX2 built in screenshot tool does that when running at the preset IR and using widescreen settings.
huh weird, I had the widescreen working before..
not sure why those images ended up stretched
580d3396f1.jpg

bomblord1

Banned
huh weird, I had the widescreen working before..
not sure why those images ended up stretched
580d3396f1.jpg

It does the same thing for me the only workaround I could find was using a custom res.

What I typically do is go full screen and just use the print screen function.

lem0n

Mind all the other nonsense, and the second monitor, lol.. I haven't figured out how to take real nice screens quite yet. Very new to the emulation game.

untitledm1j1i.png

bomblord1

Banned
Super Mario Galaxy 2
9361181715_d3d2efcb75_o.png

9361182027_416621dfd5_o.png

9361181925_4423fa3c5b_o.png

Always nice to see mario galaxy it's art style holds up so dang well it could easily pass as a "made for HD" game.

Mind all the other nonsense, and the second monitor, lol.. I haven't figured out how to take real nice screens quite yet. Very new to the emulation game.

untitledm1j1i.png

If you're using print screen then play PCSX2 in full screen mode and just cut out what's on the second monitor when you paste it into paint.

Had the same problem with the second monitor, Bandicam let's you screenshot what specific area you want so you don't have to edit it. Also alt+enter to fullscreen the game.

bomblord1

Banned
Finally got Xenosaga =)
1920x1080 8x MSAA 8x AF. I finally quit using massive IR this seems to run better and produce just as good results.

gsdx_20150425213740taszt.png

gsdx_20150425213824iksqr.png

gsdx_20150425213830mysnm.png

bomblord1

Banned
Hey guys I've noticed a lot of "official threads" and screenshot threads often go to version 2 version 3 etc.

Is there a certain amount of time/posts where it's normal to create the next thread?

KHlover

Banned
Hey guys I've noticed a lot of "official threads" and screenshot threads often go to version 2 version 3 etc.

Is there a certain amount of time/posts where it's normal to create the next thread?

400 pages at 50ppp or 200 pages at 100ppp. 20k posts.

bomblord1

Banned
400 pages at 50ppp or 200 pages at 100ppp. 20k posts.

Thanks.

Alright guys/gals, I'm going to be going through the pages here soon and picking up some some featured shots to put in the OP. I'm also going to pretty it up to be a bit more inline with other similar threads. If there's certain shots you want to see let me know or if you want to submit more just post like normal.

bomblord1

Banned
Op has been updated I chose some featured shots from the thread (and credited the authors).

Some information about my thought process for the OP shots.
1. They had to follow the rules (no shots without listed settings etc).
2. I only chose 3 as the thread rules are 3 per post.
3. I did not put more than 1 shot from the same platform or game. I want the op to reflect the diversity of the systems and games present in this thread it would be boring to see all SMG shots or all Wii shots.

I will update it the shots from time to time now using those same criteria any shot you post that abides by the rules will be considered :)

I also added some of the more popular emulators and links to them in the OP now. I know I missed some please link me to the ones you use if the platform is not listed. (1 per platform I don't want to confuse people). Redid the layout. And a few other minor tweaks.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Is that with a widescreen patch/cheat/hack? Looks great.

I mean, the majority of that screenshot is comprised of just 2 very high res textures. It looks great but it seems like a silly representation of the game. Just lay 2 jpegs on top of each other lol

Top Bottom