• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulator Screenshot Thread

BlackBeetleKing

Neo Member
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
(replace some environment textures, remove bloom/huds, SweetFX)
Qsvb.png

robgrab

On the complete other side of the spectrum as those dank handheld emulator shots, Dolphin + AO. It's finally happening.
17488878746_e9bfb2a374_o.png

WOW! This looks way better than the Wii U version that they bloomed to death. Does the AO in this build work with other games besides Wind Waker? I'd like to experiment.

Download Ishiiruka's build of Dolphin, turn on postprocessing SSAO, get Hypatia's HD Texture pack, set texture cache to safe, use Wind Waker Widescreen AR code

w00tkins

Ah it's under post processing.

Though it doesn't seem to do anything when I switch it on. And if I set SSAO mode to 2 the screen goes completely white. Maybe my system doesn't support it.

Look around Ishiiruka's thread on the Dolphin forums because others were sharing problems and solutions with getting AO working. Having said that, your problem might be that you need to disable the external frame buffer.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Ah it's under post processing.

Though it doesn't seem to do anything when I switch it on. And if I set SSAO mode to 2 the screen goes completely white. Maybe my system doesn't support it.

Completely white usually means it's just showing you the bare depth buffer. If in game it still shows bare white, that likely means that the game isn't giving access to the depth, and the AO implementation can't see the actual depth. That means that AO probably won't be applying to anything at all.

w00tkins

Is this with AO? Regardless it looks good.

Nope! That's vanilla

Completely white usually means it's just showing you the bare depth buffer. If in game it still shows bare white, that likely means that the game isn't giving access to the depth, and the AO implementation can't see the actual depth. That means that AO probably won't be applying to anything at all.

Yeah I realised I just had to fiddle with the sliders.

Patrick S.

Banned
lvuTXjR.png

UUPIfma.png

PS I got SSAO to work, thanks.

Damn, that looks beautiful. I've got a wii, but for some reason I never play with it. I even have Xenoblade Chronicles, which I bought from an ebay auction for €50, and I have played it maybe three times, for a maximum of maybe one hour. I like it and all, but somhow the Wiii is not holding my attention. I have to look into some of these colourful games. How is the Wii version of Smash Brothers?

me0wish

Damn, that looks beautiful. I've got a wii, but for some reason I never play with it. I even have Xenoblade Chronicles, which I bought from an ebay auction for €50, and I have played it maybe three times, for a maximum of maybe one hour. I like it and all, but somhow the Wiii is not holding my attention. I have to look into some of these colourful games. How is the Wii version of Smash Brothers?

Why don't you emulate the games? Playing them in high rez is much more appealing. SSBB is the worst version of SSB, and my biggest gaming related disappointment, but it has some strong points, if its your first SSB game, you won't notice the problems, especially if you aren't into competitive gaming.

w00tkins

Here's some Kirby Air Ride with SSAO. It's hard to get it looking right but it seems to have the best effect in this game.

MGpMoo0.png

EbAVzD3.png

bomblord1

Banned
This will probably be my last set from Xenosaga Episode I. I finished the game and will be moving onto 2 here once I can get a copy.
1920x1080, 8x MSAA, 8xAF, TC offset 0 1000, skipdraw 1
gsdx_201505152018282mu0j.png

gsdx_20150503200911zvqsh.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
What is with that weird shadow banding? Is it the SSAO? Or maybe a side effect of the 21:9?

It's the SSAO. I find it doesn't really look great in WW. I think it could look awesome if it only applied to environments, but I really dislike how it affects the characters.

bomblord1

Banned
It's coming close to the end of the month so I will be looking for some new shots to add to the OP here soon.

The way I will go about choosing featured shots is as followed
1. The chosen shots have to follow the rules (no shots without listed settings etc).
2. I will only chose 3 as the thread rules are 3 per post.
3. I will not put more than 1 shot from the same platform or game.
4. I will only choose shots posted since the last time I updated the OP.

If you're interested in being a featured shot in the OP but haven't posted in a while you have until the end of the month to post something.

Steamlord

SSAO in Wind Waker seems kind of counterproductive. The cel shading gives it a 2D cartoony look, and AO sort of undoes that effect. Twilight Princess, on the other hand, could definitely benefit from it, along with that wonderful ability to disable bloom.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Look at the colors!

ppssppwindows64_2015_05_22_17_57_15_00_by_aloooo81-d8ucmhh.jpg

ppssppwindows64_2015_05_22_17_55_05_87_by_aloooo81-d8ucmho.jpg

ppssppwindows64_2015_05_22_18_05_52_06_by_aloooo81-d8ucmha.jpg

I really wish there was a way to disable the HUD without having to mess with Texmod

Hikami

Anyone have a tutorial on how to get SweetFx working on PCSX2? On other emulators too maybe?
Can't figure it out

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Anyone have a tutorial on how to get SweetFx working on PCSX2? On other emulators too maybe?
Can't figure it out

The emulator typically has to be in either DX9 or DX11 rendering mode. If DX9, drag the SweetFx files in, and use the d3d9.dll file. If DX11, drag the SweetFx files in, and use the dxgi.gll file.

You also have to make sure that if using a 64bit program, you're using the a 64bit version of DLL file, and vice versa for 32 bit.

If you're using ReShade instead of Sfx (it's the new, updated version of Sfx) then it comes with a program that you just point at whatever you want to run Sfx on, and it'll install it to the directory. Sometimes it'll get the renderer wrong, but in that case you can just rename whatever DLL file it adds.

It'll either b e

OPENGL32.dll
OPENGL64.dll
dxgi.dll (or alternatively d3d11.dll, but its usually not this one)
d3d9.dll

Which represent OGL, DX11, and DX9 respectively.

After that, you just modify the SweetFx profiles shader settings.

Most of you will hate this, but for some reason I kinda like playing Crisis Core with scanlines. >_>

Playing at 10x rendering resolution

a6fc8602d74b8d8667f78fa447af2191.jpg

204418aed2a2c396ccb4cd4d933163a6.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Last Ranker (PSP)

Hey, I'd really recommend you disable that texture filtering. You might like the outcome much more. Set it to something like linear or bilinear and see how you feel about it. The current setting tries to smooth it and blend it, which is why all the textures look sort of mushy.

Hey, I'd really recommend you disable that texture filtering. You might like the outcome much more. Set it to something like linear or bilinear and see how you feel about it. The current setting tries to smooth it and blend it, which is why all the textures look sort of mushy.

It's already on linear, unless I missed something.. I thought it was just the artstyle that made it look this way o-o

EDIT: ah.. it was a texture scaling setting called xBRZ

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Whoooa, you can emulate Birth By Sleep now? The last time I looked into all that (years ago), Birth By Sleep didn't work.

Oh dude, not only can you emulate it, there is a 60fps hack that lets you play the game at 60fps, alongside those high framerates. It really is a wonderful way to play the game. I even mapped the camera to my right stick (only left and right) which makes the controls way more comfortable as well.

It's already on linear, unless I missed something.. I thought it was just the artstyle that made it look this way o-o

EDIT: ah.. it was a texture scaling setting called xBRZ

Yeah my bad, I did mean texture scaling.

bomblord1

Banned
New Featured shots have been added to the OP congrats to all that were chosen.

A reminder of my methods

The way I will go about choosing featured shots is as followed
1. The chosen shots have to follow the rules (no shots without listed settings etc).
2. I will only chose 3 as the thread rules are 3 per post.
3. I wil not put more than 1 shot from the same platform or game.
4. I only choose shots posted since the last time I updated the OP.

Seik

Banned
Most of you will hate this, but for some reason I kinda like playing Crisis Core with scanlines. >_>

Playing at 10x rendering resolution

a6fc8602d74b8d8667f78fa447af2191.jpg

204418aed2a2c396ccb4cd4d933163a6.jpg

Playing this game, at this resolution with scanlines should be considered as a sin, man. :p

EDIT: OK, I'll redeem my whining post with some Klonoa shots. (Dolphin - 4X Native res.)

r96eaf-5zlou4.png

r96eaf-39zoxi.png

r96eaf-1wsqgi.png

Cute little game so far, really enjoying it.

Top Bottom