• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Endless Legend (4X game by Amplitude) - Update: Out now

Update #3: the game is complete and released

----------------------------------------------------
Update #2: It's going to release on Steam Early Access on Thursday 24th.
Update #1.5: The Necrophages

About the Necrophages

“The Necrophages are a scuttling monstrosity polluting the surface of Auriga; an insectoid menace that should be crushed under one's heel like the mutated cockroaches that they are.

Or so the Vaulters, the Wild Walkers, the Broken Lords, and every other nation on the planet would have one believe.Naturally, the Necrophages themselves don't share this view -- in fact, they hold very few views other than fight, feed, and propagate. The Necrophages have found a niche in the environment that suits them very well: They win by numbers; by elevating the colony over the individual; by constant warfare.

Something between a hive insect and an undead horde, they reproduce by laying eggs in the bodies of fallen enemies. Occasionally the offspring even inherits elements of the host's DNA, accelerating their process of change and adaptation. Emotionless, relentless, and driven by their biology, the Necrophages do not waste time with diplomacy and commerce.”

Update #1: Another major faction revealed The Broken Lords

About the Broken Lords
“The Broken Lords are a faction of knights and town-builders; an aristocratic society that believes in honour, virtue, and justice. To succour the weak, to champion what is just, to root out evil wherever it may lurk - those are the ideals by which these noble warriors would live.

And yet, the Broken Lords are a crippled people that exist only as spirits wrapped in their great suits of Dust-enhanced armour. Other nations view them as monsters, for their race was fading when it discovered a deadly secret -- that by consuming the life force of a sentient being they could extend their own life span. This rite of consumption is, obviously, a complete betrayal of their principles and their history. The greatest hope of the Broken Lords, therefore, is to develop magic that will break this curse and allow them to live without destroying others.

Though the question remains, and haunts their thoughts: Even if they did find a cure, would they want to give up this powerful gift? Their codes and morality insist 'yes', but in their hearts it is much less clear...”

Amplitude Studios just released a trailer presenting a new major, The Wild Walkers. They previously released a trailer showing The Vaulters.

About the Wild Walkers
The Wild Walkers have the ability to transfer their spirits to the animals of their world. This act, called “The Sharing,” enables elves to experience the wild, untamed energy of their totem animal. Elves who have shared often risk having the spirit of the beast burst out like a violent flame and take control during moments of stress. In spite of the potential flame, some elves sought increasingly savage beasts in order to experience Sharings of even greater intensity.
With individual elves embracing the savagery of the animals and vanishing forever into the woods, the nation had to choose between the wild spirits of nature and the civilization of their towers. Troubled but determined, they forswore The Sharing, and renamed themselves The Wild Walkers, and set out to build their towers away from their dark past. Only time can tell if The Sharing still has its hold on their souls.

About the Vaulters
It is a time of change for the Vaulters.

For countless generations they lived as loosely-federated clans in the vast underground labyrinths that riddle Auriga. Their skills in mining and crafting made them comfortable, and their study of ancient artefacts slowly unlocked the secrets of their world's past. Though their origins were lost in legends and myth, they had found peace and prosperity in the deep places of the planet.

Suddenly, now, the Vaulters have been forced to abandon those ancient halls. The Great Quake broke walls and ruined roads and bridges; as their towns crumbled around them they fled to the surface. Some turn for answers to the priests in the Church of the Great Orrery, others look to their leader, Szabad Ilona, First of the Bloodline. For a people deeply bound by tradition and unused to change, the surface of Auriga is a frightening place.

Torn between the secrets of the planet, their own traditions, and their need to survive, the Vaulters may struggle. But they will not fade, or surrender

Some pre-alpha screenshots:

zRNDnMt.jpg

LDZZDj2.jpg

Basic Tutorial

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I really liked Endless Space, before Disharmony anyway.
Here's one to hoping they learned to balance structures and combat units.

biezel

This looks good. Really like what they're doing in the way of exploring other genres and gameplay styles. Keep meaning to pick up Dungeon of the Endless. Anyone tried it?

Corto

This looks good. Really like what they're doing in the way of exploring other genres and gameplay styles. Keep meaning to pick up Dungeon of the Endless. Anyone tried it?

Yes. It's shaping up to be a great game too. Once you train yourself to use the pause efficiently it really then shows its potential.

Gala

I had such a blast with Endless Space and will get Endless Legend as soon as it's available on steam! Looks most excellent.

That's outstanding, I'll probably have to pick this up come thursday. Dunno if they are but hopefully they'll give a little discount for us owners of ES and DotE, that would be swell.

Moobabe

Great news - Space was not quite for me (but had amazing UI and a beautiful OST) and Dungeon of the Endless is absolute quality - and improves significantly with every major patch.

Supporting Amplitude fully on this one as well.

That's outstanding, I'll probably have to pick this up come thursday. Dunno if they are but hopefully they'll give a little discount for us owners of ES and DotE, that would be swell.

They might have some sort of cross buy stuff? Doesn't owning Dungeon mean you get access to a race in Legend? Or in Endless Space? I can't quite remember.

They might have some sort of cross buy stuff? Doesn't owning Dungeon mean you get access to a race in Legend? Or in Endless Space? I can't quite remember.

It's for ES, but once DotE leaves early access it's going to be free according this post

I just checked the forums again and apparently the ES faction will be free for everyone once DotE launches, hopefully it's the same for EL.

Has there been any word on price? I didn't see anything in their release announcement.

They still haven't said how much it'll cost.

Jag

Early access 7pm CET tonight:
http://forums.amplitude-studios.com...has-come-Endless-Legend-on-Steam-Early-Access

Steam page isn't up yet.

Pricing
You will have two editions available: with a %25 discount for the Early Access in Alpha

The Classic Pack: around $27 (release price: $35)
The Founder Pack: around $34 (release price: $45)

Classic Pack

Endless Legend game: instant access to the Alpha version and all versions including the release.
Official Digital Soundtrack (available at release): all Endless Legend tracks created by FlybyNo in mp3 format.
"Endless Legend" Community Badge: Adds a unique badge to your Amplitude account and 500 G2G to the value of your votes on our website.

Founder Pack

Endless Legend game: instant access to the Alpha version and all versions including the release.
In-game Minor Faction: Ice Wargs (available at release): adds the Ice Wargs to the minor faction cast of the game.
In-game Drakken Hero: Namkang (available at release): adds Namkang to the hero cast of the game.
In-game Unique Faction Trait (available at release): a Unique Trait for your Custom Factions. The final Faction Trait will be chosen by the community via a G2G Vote.
Official Digital Soundtrack (available at release): all Endless Legend tracks created by FlybyNo in mp3 format.
A new Ship Pack for Dungeon of the Endless (available at release): the Refreezerator ship pack includes a ship, a module and an exclusive item.
A new Drakken Hero for Dungeon of the Endless (available at release): adds Kreyang to the hero cast of the game.
A -50% Steam Coupon for Endless Space: adds a Steam Coupon in your Inventory.
A -50% Steam Coupon for Endless Space Disharmony: adds a Steam Coupon in your Inventory.
"Endless Legend" Community Badge: adds a unique badge to your Amplitude account and 500 G2G to the value of your votes on our website.
"EL Founder" Community Badge: adds a unique badge to your Amplitude account and 500 G2G to the value of your votes on our website.

New trailer released too.

Also this:
Endless Legend, some details about the content
by
SpaceTroll
Published on 04-23-2014 05:00 PM Number of Views: 1435
20 Comments Comments

Releasing on Steam Early Access: April 24th

Hello Everyone

I wanted to give you a bit more info about the content you will have with the Early Access, and especially what will be missing and added as we near the final release.

Before we start, let me share with you what we are aiming at with this Alpha Early Access:

Our main goal with this Early Access is to prove the core game loop to players, hence why the alpha focuses mainly on the core game mechanics. We are planning to add or improve the game layer by layer, one after the other, over the course of the Early Access.
Yet, in order to get good feedback, usable feedback, the game must be fun and stable. Or else, all we will get is feedback from “frustrated” players, which definitely does not tend to be constructive.

That being said, please note that you will have bugs, and the game you will play is only an initial attempt at some form of balance.

Fortunately together, we will reach perfection for final release!

What content you will find in this Alpha - Early Access
You can play any game with up to 5 AI players but only on continental maps. Boats will be added later
4 factions out of 8 are available for you to choose from
10 minor factions out of 15 to be incorporated to your empire
4 eras and around 100 technologies to get from quests and research
Military victory condition
A few sample quests on top of the main Faction Quests
A 200-turn time limit after which the best score will win
A core AI that will simulate a bunch of leaders who probably skipped way too many courses and instead went brawling in their youth
Therefore, with such leaders we only went for basic diplomacy
A first pass at music and sound design; all soundtracks will be re-recorded later
The core battle system

What is missing
4 additional playable factions (8 in the final game) and 5 additional minor factions (15 in the final game)
Multiplayer gameplay (8 players / simultaneous turns)
Custom factions and modding
Advanced AI for diplomacy, economy and warmongering
Naval transportation and map generation with several continents
Roads and Trade Routes
2 additional Research Eras for a total of 6, with up to 40 extra technologies
Fully functional Diplomacy
A tutorial campaign
Additional victory conditions
Additional battle options
Varied unit abilities
Finished battle system
Lots of tuning and additions coming from players participating with us in GAMES2GETHER.

Jag

I'm still searching for that elusive fantasy 4x game that will have it all. I've been playing the hell out of AOW3 and Warlock 2 (to a lesser extent) and neither AIs have the challenge I was hoping for.

Aaron

The closest for me was Fallen Enchantress, but I want a game with everything takes place on the same big map, including the fighting.

Twinduct

I'm still searching for that elusive fantasy 4x game that will have it all. I've been playing the hell out of AOW3 and Warlock 2 (to a lesser extent) and neither AIs have the challenge I was hoping for.

Hows AOW3 in regards with Warlock 2? Really not feeling Warlock 2 as much as the first one.

Top Bottom