• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

English Mother 3 Patch Thread! It's go time!

Haunted

Is there a competent GBA emulator for the Wii Homebrew channel out there?

This will decide whether I'll play this with a 360 controller or the Wiimote. >_<

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Guybrush Threepwood said:
The moment the patch is safely downloaded on my computer is going to be so great.

There will be nothing Nintendo or anyone else can do.

The ninjas will come in the night and slit your throat.

Haunted said:
Is there a competent GBA emulator for the Wii Homebrew channel out there?

This will decide whether I'll play this with a 360 controller or the Wiimote. >_<

There's a VBA emulator on the Wii Homebrew channel. It works just like the PC one.

Dali

Guybrush Threepwood said:
The moment the patch is safely downloaded on my computer is going to be so great.

There will be nothing Nintendo or anyone else can do.
That's what Lex Luthor was thinking until Superman reversed the rotation of the Earth and turned back time. Just sayin'... you never know.

I can't believe it's finally happening....Seriously, this is unreal. I've been in a complete blackout on Mother 3 and Mother 2 is one of the most influential works in my life. This is huge!

Cheerilee

gimz said:
cant fucking wait

is there any where i can find english Mother 1 and 2?
Mother 1 was translated by NOA with the intent of selling it over here as "Earthbound" on the NES, but they never released it. A prototype was found and leaked to the internet where it's more commonly known as "Earthbound Zero". Piracy is your only option here.

Mother 2 was released on the SNES as Earthbound (they re-used the name). You can get it off eBay as a cart-only (with no gigantic box or huge Nintendo Power Player's Guide) for around $100. Or if you can't afford that, there's always piracy.

Mother 3 is fan translated, so you will need a ROM. If you have a flash card, you can buy an import version of the GBA game and make your own ethical-if-not-legal ROMs and play them on actual GBA or DS hardware, otherwise you most likely have to go with piracy and an emulator.

GAF doesn't officially condone piracy and cannot help you with that side of things.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Death_Born said:
Mother 2 is already English, it's Earthbound.

Mother 1 is Japan-only for the Famicom...

There is an English ROM. Another game that got translated and still didnt make it over, like S&P, though we eventually did get that one

grandjedi6 said:
I'm shocked it hasn't happened already

I feel like I say this in every Mother 3 thread.

No fan translation has ever received a C&D letter and it is unlikely that one ever will.

Far and away, what is established regarding the legality of a fan translation project like this leans towards the translators: translating text is legal, offering a file containing potential changes to some other file without providing or linking to said file is legal, the translation itself is arguably an infringing derivative work but not one that is any kind of slam dunk, easy-win legal case. Nobody making these things accepts money for them, distributes the ROM, or otherwise does anything else to make it "easier" for the publisher to shut it down.

Again, nobody's gone after these things before, and Nintendo's not going to start here.

sp0rsk said:
Best RPG ever made.
No. I mean Earth bound is a great rpg, but I feel that this is the best rpg:

5089.jpg

PBalfredo

Masked Man said:
Ahh, I know. I was introduced to Gurren Lagann at a bad time, huh? :O But I'll most likely be switching it to something M3-related on release day, so fear not! :D (After all, with a username like mine, it would be some sort of sacrilege to go without a M3 avatar on such a momentous occasion!)

I HAS A SOLUTION!

Gurren_Mother_by_haikuninja.png

http://haikuninja.deviantart.com/ (Beware of spoilers)

d+pad

Death_Born said:
There's a VBA emulator on the Wii Homebrew channel. It works just like the PC one.

Not quite, at least in my experience.

I have yet to boot up the untranslated Mother 3 ROM, but the FF Advance titles suffer from some wonky framerates (possibly because the emulator currently forces some level of frame skip on the player) - a problem I've never experienced when using the same emulator on my PC.

Still, I'm sure it'll be worth it :)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Haunted said:
You're in full-on Nintendo love mode today, it seems.

This has nothing to do with Nintendo and everything to do with Mother 3 just being simply the best RPG ever.

Darkpen

Banned
removing the Earthbound demo from Smash Bros Brawl

Woah, what??

I stopped following SSBB after Wolf was officially the last character confirmed, so... wow, I did not know about this.

How *** is that? Can someone give me a link to the point where this was seemingly found out? WTF?

edit: augh, I forgot, I got banned last time for "gay bashing" -_-

robor

YEEEEEEEEESSSSS IT HAS FINALLY ARRIVED. ITOI'S SWAN SONG HAS REACHED HIS OTHER SLAB OF MALNOURISHED FANS. WE APPRECIATE YOU ITOI MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE!!!!!!!!!!!
CAPSLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Darkpen said:
How gay is that? Can someone give me a link to the point where this was seemingly found out? WTF?

The Japanese version of Brawl has an EarthBound demo. The North American version doesn't.

That's all to it.

Azar

XxenobladerxX said:
No. I mean Earth bound is a great rpg, but I feel that this is the best rpg:

5089.jpg
I haven't even played much Earthbound, but this deserves to be quoted for the lulz.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Tiktaalik

In case anyone has some spare time here's the famous 11,816 word long essay about Earthbound.

http://www.largeprimenumbers.com/article.php?sid=mother2

It's long and rambly of course, but there is actually some real research done and there are a few interesting anecdotes about Earthbound, how it was designed, the authors' theories of what it's about and about Earthbound's designer, Shigesato Itoi. It is possibly worth skimming.

Darkpen

Banned
dark steve said:
I don't know - how gay is that? Friendly hug gay? Drunken kiss gay? Anonymous gloryhole gay? Fully on anal orgy gay? Please, do tell.
full on anal orgy gay, of course D:

35iztiu.jpg

Aeana

Atrophis said:
Could one play this without having played the previous games? Does the story follow on or are they standalone games?

There are small references to earlier games, but in general, each game stands alone. It's not necessary to play 1 and 2 if you just want to play 3.

Everybody should go back to the Mother 3 site and pretend like the presents are counting down again. :O

http://starmen.net/mother3/mother3world/

Top Bottom