• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Escape From Tarkov gets a PvE co-op mode, need to buy the $250 Unheard Edition to play it

Bullet Club

Hmmm, that's some good value.

Introducing the new edition for Escape from Tarkov - The Unheard Edition. Players will get access to PvE co-op mode with persistent progression. Progression will not be reset with wipes. Enhanced stash size (10x72), unique in-game ID, armband and many more features.

• Guaranteed instant access to closed beta
  • Digital copy pre-load
  • Access to PvE co-op mode with persistent progression. Progression will not be reset with wipes.
  • Enhanced stash size (10x72)
  • Unique in-game ID
  • Expanded PMC pockets
  • Increased Fence standing
  • More slots on the Flea Market
  • Unique in-game melee weapon
  • Increased mail retention time
  • Additional background screen option
  • Free access to all subsequent DLCs (Season pass)
  • Access to the Early Test Server (ETS)
  • Additional equipment and resources in stash
JU2GBSe.png

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Uninstalled. I already have Path of Darkness. This is basically pay to win. You can literally summon friends into your raid to assist you. Discounts on money based extractions, more favorable trading, bigger stash, faster return of insured items by 30%?

Nah, I'm good. Not supporting this. There was a fairly recent video about BSG that hinted that they are in financial trouble. There's gotta be a better way than this.

Bry0

Uninstalled. I already have Path of Darkness. This is basically pay to win. You can literally summon friends into your raid to assist you. Discounts on money based extractions, more favorable trading, bigger stash, faster return of insured items by 30%?

Nah, I'm good. Not supporting this. There was a fairly recent video about BSG that hinted that they are in financial trouble. There's gotta be a better way than this.
Same. I was also told I would get all future DLC, “oh well pve is a ‘feature’”.

Yeah no, they can they choke on a HIMAR.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Idk why this game got a free pass for so long when star citizen was shown for what it was immediately — vapor ware to funnel money out of suckers.

Tarkov is now what, 7 years in and still in .25 alpha stage?

They even launched arena just to spit on their core player base to say “I’m sure you’d love for us to work on Tarkov, but we just want more $ for this other wasted asset mode we could’ve included for free.”

I have a friend who swears by this game. He just can’t see how it isn’t a game at all.

Someday someone will make a good extraction shooter. This is only relevant because it has no real competition. The attempts have been half assed. Only good one is hunt showdown but it isn’t modern guns.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

What a fucking gift this is to The Grey Zone, Helldivers 2, and Marathon! You practically invent a hit genre and instead of locking it down by keeping your game fresh, you instead want a quick payday by squeezing your loyal fans! I'm sure they won't be running to the competition now!

SJRB

Gold Member
Lmao LVNDMARK is having a meltdown on stream. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him this annoyed.

KaiserBecks

I own the Edge of Darkness Edition so this upgrade is still way too expensive (95 Euros). Uff. For 50 Euros I'd actually consider it. I have a feeling this won't end well for them, sounds like a cashgrab.

Last edited:

KaiserBecks

What a fucking gift this is to The Grey Zone, Helldivers 2, and Marathon! You practically invent a hit genre and instead of locking it down by keeping your game fresh, you instead want a quick payday by squeezing your loyal fans! I'm sure they won't be running to the competition now!

I don't know man, naming those three games only shows that there's nothing out there that comes close to Tarkov.

Bry0

This is what happens when you spend like 8-9 years in “beta” without a well thought out business model. They are total amateurs that realized their initial business model was unsustainable and started locking features behind paywalls to try to upsell the most loyal of the fanbase. It’s incredibly sloppy

Barakov

Hmmm, that's some good value.

• Guaranteed instant access to closed beta
  • Digital copy pre-load
  • Access to PvE co-op mode with persistent progression. Progression will not be reset with wipes.
  • Enhanced stash size (10x72)
  • Unique in-game ID
  • Expanded PMC pockets
  • Increased Fence standing
  • More slots on the Flea Market
  • Unique in-game melee weapon
  • Increased mail retention time
  • Additional background screen option
  • Free access to all subsequent DLCs (Season pass)
  • Access to the Early Test Server (ETS)
  • Additional equipment and resources in stash
JU2GBSe.png

TTEhsGq.jpeg

This is nothing more than a PR stunt to get people talking about their game and it's working.

Tarkov is niche AF.

It's really not, playerbase is fucking huge and just look at the numbers it posts on twitch.

Tarkov is lucky it's the only game like it. But not for long. I have the EoD edition and will not be upgrading to this new one lol. I will however be looking forward to trying the upcoming extraction shooter competitors.

MarkyG

This is going down as well as you'd expect. Their Discord is getting absolutely rinsed! Rightly so.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Never trust Russians.

I uninstalled Tarkov on my old computer but for some reason it kept holding HDD space and showing up as an app. No clue why but I won’t let that trash touch my new comp.

Last edited:

Neon Xenon

This is one of those special garbage situations where the there is virtually no "gray area" for a response and the people affected have every right to be mad about it. Even if you don't play Escape from Tarkov, you can safely tell BattleState Games to go eat shit. There was a point where I was interested in EFT, watched a few "new player" guides, saw a few streamers play, almost considered getting the game just for the SPT Mod. Afterwards, there was a lot of attention drawn to the large amount of cheating that turned me off. Now? With this, I don't ever want to touch this game.

"Unheard Edition" is right up there with the "Spacer's Choice Edition" remaster of The Outer Worlds for being a subtitle that's way funnier than it was intended to be. Those not familiar with TOW: Spacer's Choice is an in-game manufacturer of low-quality products, and the Spacer's Choice Edition was quite busted on launch. Don't know if those issues were fixed since then, but it's still funny.

SJRB

Gold Member
Lmao at the new update.

At this point it almost seems like they're sabotaging their own game with this dumbassery.

Top Bottom