• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN NFL 2k5 GAF Season 2: Because EQ wasn't on FMT YOU RETARD!

It's that time again friends, time to start the season anew. As per the official voting in the first league, season 2 will be EQ on... for real this time! Like an idiot i forgot to turn it on in our OTHER season 2 (which is now deleted) and now i'm fixing the problem...

1. Play legit. I know me and fifty had fun placing our QB's @ MLB and so on, but lets keep it clean so as not to upset the balance of things. If you play "bitch ball" (as i like to call it), and just quit and start playing lame, you are likely to get an auto-loss the next week. lets not let it go to that ladies!

2. Forefits will go to the player who made more of an effort to get the game in. If the effort was equal, it goes to coin flip.

3. Any disconnected game should be reset and replayed except in the following circumstances: (a) the LOSING team disconnects late in the 2nd half. (b) the disconnected player accepts defeat and does not want to replay

4. Again, lets play legit! There are no "rules" (as of yet, we'll play it by ear) but don't abuse QB rushing or any of the other known glitches. No one is going to bitch @ you if you rush it with vick or get a sack with julius peppers. But lets not abuse it fellas

JUST SIGN IN! keep the teams you had in the original season 2. i apologize again dudes, it was a mental lapse on my part and i feel terrible about it. if you want to paypal me some money to make me feel better PM me and ill get you the info. thanks dudes, and sign in asap!

Name: gaF FMT
pw: fluke

Cloudy

Banned
Eh....I can see how we could switch to lower-rated teams but come on Fifty, you were a high ranked playoff team in season 1. You can't just switch to the Vikings without seeing if anyone below you wants them first (maybe not but don't just give up on Vick like that :D)

Ramirez

I find it odd,in Solraks game it played just like EQ,WRs couldn't beat his average CBs,but in Matrix's game they could...whatever,the games a pile of crap either way.

DMczaf

Ramirez said:
I find it odd,in Solraks game it played just like EQ,WRs couldn't beat his average CBs,but in Matrix's game they could...whatever,the games a pile of crap either way.

Bingo

Fifty

Cloudy said:
Eh....I can see how we could switch to lower-rated teams but come on Fifty, you were a high ranked playoff team in season 1. You can't just switch to the Vikings without seeing if anyone below you wants them first (maybe not but don't just give up on Vick like that :D)

I thought I could. Anyway, with EQ on, power teams shouldn't be that good, right??

Cloudy

Banned
They still have an advantage (just not as ridiculous as with EQ off) and it doesn't seem very fair to any guys who finished below you that might want them IMO :p

Ramirez

There is no advantage as far as I can tell,I've yet to see a good WR like Ward get wide open against the most average of CBs.

Fifty

Cloudy said:
They still have an advantage (just not as ridiculous as with EQ off) and it doesn't seem very fair to any guys who finished below you that might want them IMO :p

Yeah, well I figure I hate this game the most, so if I'm going to be in the league I might as well use the team I want. FMT said it was ok, and no one else has objected, but thanks for bringing it up.

Ramirez

Dude,you'd believe ANYTHING they say,so thats no surprise.

I just wish you would take off the blinders and realize that this game is crap with or without EQ.

Cloudy

Banned
Does the game have flaws? Of course it does but I enjoy playing it and that's all that matters to me. Thankfully EQ fixes most of the problems I personally have with it so I'm satisfied.

PS: If I thought the game was crap, I wouldn't play it but that's just me. I'd be busy playing the other "perfect" football game :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Konex,this game is a turd and the only reason any of us still play it is cause of the leagues and cause it was only 20 friggin dollars....plus we all would feel bad if we left you to have no one to play with *ok not really :p * but you get the point.

Cloudy

Banned
FMT could always make a 12-man league if you guys REALLY didn't want to play, you know?. It's nice that you guys are thinking of the few of us who actually have fun with the game (and I appreciate it :D) but the constant bitching and half-assing it when the game "screws" you can get old. IMO of course...

ShadowRed

Banned
Fifty said:
I'd quit in a second if I didn't think the league needed me to fill it up.

I agree. My job was a blessing in desguise as now I had a reason to drop the league, not not feel bad about screwing te rest of you over.

Yea, after a game of online ESPN last night (lost 28-7 against the Texans using the Redskins) and my now nightly Madden 2005 play (tutorials and online), I've decided that ESPN sucks. Last night's ESPN game was the 5TH (!!) game I've witnessed a pass bounce off of a receiver, off of at least (!) 2 other players, and into the hands of the defense. And this wasn't me throwing into double or triple coverage either...this was a wide open receiver; ball bounces around the field like a pinball (literally!).

Is there a GAF Madden league I can join?

there already is a madden league. but the TRUE GA madden league (with all the big guns joining) isn't up yet and WONT be up until EA fixes the online leagues (which they said they would do in mid-november.. supposedly). if you dont know about all the problems with madden online leagues, do a search and you will discover them

FrenchMovieTheme said:
there already is a madden league. but the TRUE GA madden league (with all the big guns joining) isn't up yet and WONT be up until EA fixes the online leagues (which they said they would do in mid-november.. supposedly). if you dont know about all the problems with madden online leagues, do a search and you will discover them

Well, I'm not a "big gun"--at least not in Madden football; will there be room for me to join when this new league starts?

lost to ramirez, gg my friend

im not bitching but i think the main problem with ESPN is the horrible passing game. there is no rhyme or reason as to why or when it works. disagree if you like (actually theres only 1 person that would disagree with me), but its the truth. how do you explain me completing a TD into TRIPLE coverage, but not catching an open slant with single coverage? it seems like its a crapshoot to throw to open guys, or to covered guys. want to take a gamble? hey, maybe the CB will do some retarded animation!

but at the end of the day, it happens to BOTH players, its not like one person is playing a different game. so i can't complain on that front (unfair advantages etc). i enjoy the game but i hope they improve the passing game next year :(

Ramirez

Yea,Hines fucking Ward dropped close to 4 WIDE OPEN passes,I mean seriously.Meanwhile Lloyd and Burress are making quadruple coverage catches.Fuck this game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Dj,I couldnt stop Gardner and you couldnt stop Brown.

Btw Konex suck on those running stats...EQ on or off doesnt matter :p

Yea, great game. I was up cheering and down sobbing several times throughout the game. :) That first TD run with Brown was bullshit though, he moved through his lineman. I even paused it at one point to show the siamese twins that they became. :(

I'm just happy I've improved my passing game and kept the game close until the end. Still threw 2 INTs, but I was able to make some great completions with Gardner. Portis was shut down for the most part; I need to find ESPN's money running plays--it may just be my shitty D, but your right side of the field runs were nigh untouchable (plus your offensive line was like a police barricade).

That penalty on the field goal attempt really hurt though--whoever that was is fired!

Matrix

BROWN 30/282

BROWN 30/282

BROWN 30/282

BROWN 30/282

BROWN 30/282

BROWN 30/282

BROWN 30/282

Konex am crying tears of EQ.

Matrix

DJ Demon J said:
Yea, great game. I was up cheering and down sobbing several times throughout the game. :) That first TD run with Brown was bullshit though, he moved through his lineman. I even paused it at one point to show the siamese twins that they became. :(

I'm just happy I've improved my passing game and kept the game close until the end. Still threw 2 INTs, but I was able to make some great completions with Gardner. Portis was shut down for the most part; I need to find ESPN's money running plays--it may just be my shitty D, but your right side of the field runs were nigh untouchable (plus your offensive line was like a police barricade).

That penalty on the field goal attempt really hurt though--whoever that was is fired!

Yea that first run with Brown was crap but thats what espn is about..."crap" Btw on the fg penalty,I missed that on purpose..I saw you jump on the line :p I figured might as well take the easier one.

Matrix said:
Yea that first run with Brown was crap but thats what espn is about..."crap" Btw on the fg penalty,I missed that on purpose..I saw you jump on the line :p I figured might as well take the easier one.

You bastard, toying with my emotions! ;(

So....whoever's GMing the Eagles.....wanna trade me TO? ;)

Matrix

To tell you the honest truth I saw you jump and for some reason thought I would get the first down...I thought it was 4th and 5,not 6.When I saw the amount of time and if I had missed that first down on 4th and 1 I would have lost,so I went for the fg again to push it to 10.

DMczaf

What 2-0 player in the old league is most likely to repeat that with EQ on?

DM
11%

Bob
11%

Dskillz
0%

Azteca
11%

FMT
11%

Hey FMT can I sleep over next Friday? No reason imparticular...
56%

Total Votes: 9

:lol :lol

Matrix said:
BROWN 30/282

BROWN 30/282

BROWN 30/282

BROWN 30/282

BROWN 30/282

BROWN 30/282

BROWN 30/282

Konex am crying tears of EQ.

EQ works; this situation is called "DJ doesn't know when to call zone or man defense or when not to blitz." :p

Matrix

*sssssh* Dont let Konex know that! :p

Mrbob

I am winning now besides the last vote. :p I didn't even vote for myself either for the first one either I HAVE A SECRET ADMIRER! :D

Now I gotta play Solrak and the Bears week one! OH SWEET IRONY! :lol

Top Bottom