• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN NFL 2k5 GAF Season 2: Because EQ wasn't on FMT YOU RETARD!

here are the new exact deadline dates. if games aren't completed by this date and time, they will be coin flipped or simmed (if someone made an effort and his opponent didn't):

week 02: to be completed by 11:59 pacific on Nov. 3
week 03: 11:59 on Nov. 6
week 04: 11:59 on Nov. 9
week 05: 11:59 on Nov. 12
week 06: 11:59 on Nov. 15
week 07: 11:59 on Nov. 18
week 08: 11:59 on Nov. 21
week 09: 11:59 on Nov. 24
week 10: 11:59 on Nov. 27
week 11: 11:59 on Nov. 30
week 12: 11:59 on Dec. 3
week 13: 11:59 on Dec. 6
week 14: 11:59 on Dec. 9
week 15: 11:59 on Dec. 12
week 16: 11:59 on Dec 15

no exceptions dudes, sorry. you see in the madden league players get the games done because there are strict dealines and if they are not met the CPU gives both players a tie and so on. we haven't had any problems getting madden games in, so we shouldn't in espn either

Sorry guys...I wasn't able to go last night because after work, my co-workers decided to go to a bar. I doubt that I will be able to go today since I'm going to actually see DA BEARS play the 49ers tonight on national TV...Tail-gating starts at 3PM. :D

If the deadline is today, coin toss it!!

Sorry to all that are waiting on us...usually I'm the guy that gets my games in early in the week.

GO BEARS!!

Mrbob

Cmdr. Solrak said:
Sorry guys...I wasn't able to go last night because after work, my co-workers decided to go to a bar. I doubt that I will be able to go today since I'm going to actually see DA BEARS play the 49ers tonight on national TV...Tail-gating starts at 3PM. :D

If the deadline is today, coin toss it!!

Sorry to all that are waiting on us...usually I'm the guy that gets my games in early in the week.

GO BEARS!!

:(

Have fun at the game! Hopefully Krenzel isn't as horrid as Quinn!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ram,you ready to play?

Ramirez

Sorry man,some fuses blew like right at halftime last night,so one side of the house had power and the other didn't,lmao!Got it fixed though,so I'm good to go anytime today.

Cloudy

Banned
I dunno how many of you noticed but FMT accidentally set the league to only 4 playoff teams at first.

Fortunately, the VC guys were able to fix it (8 playoff teams) for us today. I didn't think it was possible but I asked anyways and they did it after FMT emailed them :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
From the power rankings....

"Apparently Chris Brown didn't get the memo: EQ IS ON YOU ASSHOLE! YOU DON'T GET THOSE KINDS OF YARDS!"

:lol :lol

Fifty

dskillzhtown said:
Che, when do you want to play our game????

I thought you would have seen the AIM message I sent you. Well I can't play till wednesday, and if you want to play in the afternoon that's fine, before 7 EST. Otherwise we can play after I play Slo in Madden....so at like 12:30 Est. Sorry it has to be so tight, but I'm out of town, and setting up my Xbox is absolute hell (Have to move the TV)

Fifty

I really am amazed by Mcnair's passing stats.

6/20......alright...he's a cripple, but 6/20 for 300 yards? :O :O

Matrix

WTF do I always fumble against Ramirez and no one else! *@$%#%#%#%#%#%

GG.

Ps- This game sucks....even if you win...it sucks.

Cloudy

Banned
Fifty said:
I really am amazed by Mcnair's passing stats.

6/20......alright...he's a cripple, but 6/20 for 300 yards? :O :O

Almost everyone tosses bombs exclusively :lol I personally can never connect on those (maybe cos my QB sux) and only get big plays on YAC from 10 yd passes >_<

Ramirez

Good fuckin luck trying to complete anything but deep patterns on EQ,the DBs grab and bump the WRs so much the only way you can complete a pass is to get more time so they can get free from the DB.

Another game where Hines Ward drops 4+ passes...the passing game is completely random,wide open passes are dropped,while multiple double/triple coverage catches are made,the game is stupid.

Cloudy

Banned
Good fuckin luck trying to complete anything but deep patterns on EQ

Why can't I complete anything deep? Anytime I try, I get picked by the safety -_- I think I'm starting Lossman next week :D

Ramirez

Well I got picked 4 times,you keep airing it out though and you'll eventually catch a few of them.Matrix was evidentally playing a zone all game,cuz Plax was always in single coverage with the Safety.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
Good fuckin luck trying to complete anything but deep patterns on EQ,the DBs grab and bump the WRs so much the only way you can complete a pass is to get more time so they can get free from the DB.

Another game where Hines Ward drops 4+ passes...the passing game is completely random,wide open passes are dropped,while multiple double/triple coverage catches are made,the game is stupid.

He speaks the truth...My guys had 4 ints,but still gave up bombs,its like one minute they're f-ing amazing on D and then the next they have a brain fart and give up 70 yard bombs with 2 men covering the WR.

It happened to both of us,I scored two throwing Td's against triple coverage cause his players ran in circles or tried to swat balls down to early.

Ramirez

r503009156.jpg

"Here Titans,I don't want the ball!"

Fifty

Ramirez said:
Well I got picked 4 times,you keep airing it out though and you'll eventually catch a few of them.

This concludes "ESPN TIPZ"

See you next week for "How to run by pressing Y!" and "How to wake up your defensive backs!"

Cloudy

Banned
Ramirez said:
Well I got picked 4 times,you keep airing it out though and you'll eventually catch a few of them.Matrix was evidentally playing a zone all game,cuz Plax was always in single coverage with the Safety.

I hate to give up ints and I don't really have a quick strike offense to get me back in games if I go down big. I think I play waaaay too conservative though :\

Matrix

Man to have 4 ints and still lose..hurts :(

Matrix

Yea I know,but dude I wasnt about to throw in the redzone cause every short pass was knocked down or inted.

PS- Remember you did get that free td from that fumble...barfs!!!! I would have never gone for two and we would have been tied....my luck against you is horrible,you have my number in every sports game...I will go lay down now.

Ramirez

Yea,who am I kidding,you can't use logic in this game.In a late drive you have a better chance of lining up in some big formation and running some kind of toss or something and you're more likely to get a TD than by passing,lmao.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Ramirez said:

I do dump passes all the time. You just have to see if the LBs are blitzing or not and who they're covering. Usually the TE can get a few catches in a row if you give him a easy pass to catch. I can't go deep unless a coverage is blown and then someone tips it at the line. I'm just getting use to the Jets playbook so dumps tot he flats and 5 yard routes are easier to do.

Remember...play action is your friend.

Matrix

:lol Someone giving Ramirez advice for a football game is funnnnnnny.

Ramirez

Yea,really.

Try runnin a slant with any kind of consistency or a 5 yard in or out,WR's get knocked around so much they are never where they should be.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fifty said:
I thought you would have seen the AIM message I sent you. Well I can't play till wednesday, and if you want to play in the afternoon that's fine, before 7 EST. Otherwise we can play after I play Slo in Madden....so at like 12:30 Est. Sorry it has to be so tight, but I'm out of town, and setting up my Xbox is absolute hell (Have to move the TV)

OK, Wednesday afternoon it is. I have an interview at 11:30, so I'll be back by then.

Ramirez

What he's trying to say is Im well aware of what I should be doing to be successful in a football game.Simple fact of the matter is,it doesn't work in this game especially with EQ on.

Matrix

jobber said:
laugh now...lose later

I dont care if I lose at this game..take that! :p

Fifty

Ramirez, do you know what a "DT" is? That's right....you don't. You have no skills, only luck! Crawl through the sewers of Kentucky to get to me, I'll be right behind you! Ray Lewis and his limo will carry me away to safety!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Ramirez said:
What he's trying to say is Im well aware of what I should be doing to be successful in a football game.Simple fact of the matter is,it doesn't work in this game especially with EQ on.

I don't notice anything major with EQ on. My first game I was trying to find something all game that would work, much like the previous season with EQ off. I moved the ball til I got in the redzone, then I threw a INT. I'm not sure why I won so lop-sided in week 2. Everything I tried in week 1 worked....

Top Bottom