• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN NFL 2k5 GAF Season 2: Because EQ wasn't on FMT YOU RETARD!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
to be honest the QB ratings in videogames are somewhat deceptive. you see a guy rated a 68, you think he's total garbage. but do you know what one of the top 3 biggest sub-ratings consideration that goes into overall rating is? QB awareness. think about it logically though: what is qb awareness? the knowledge and prescence of the QB... who is controlling the QB at all times? YOU! THE PLAYER! so, depending on how smart you are and how good you are at reading defenses, volek (or rat or BJ or boller or whoever) could feasibly go from a 68 rating to an 80 rating. or, conversely, a guy like peyton manning (manned by that joke of an espn player bob) could go from a 95 to a 20.

im not saying you aren't at a disadvantage using volek over mcnair, but my point is things aren't always as grim as they appear to be. don't pay attention to the numbers. DM tore my defense to pieces with brian griese in madden in our 2nd game of the league. arm strength and accuracy are important, but not as important as the players skill who is using the QB

Yea I agree with you 100%,I was just really pissed cause that was the 2nd straight league season it has happened to me...I was venting.I'm going to give Volek a shot this game and see how he does...if things go pretty bad *I still have a feeling they will :p * I most likely will trade with Jobber or someone for a new QB.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Yea I agree with you 100%,I was just really pissed cause that was the 2nd straight league season it has happened to me...I was venting.I'm going to give Volek a shot this game and see how he does...if things go pretty bad *I still have a feeling they will :p * I most likely will trade with Jobber or someone for a new QB.

You want Brad Johnson? :)

Of course, you'll have to give up some...players. :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
You want Brad Johnson? :)

Of course, you'll have to give up some...players. :)

That would mean I would have to give up good players for a so-so QB....I smell being robbed.

Matrix

Yea Im coming on now.

Matrix

Yea GG...Volek is a piece of poopy.

I have some shitty ass QB's...Jobber I accepted your trade.

Matrix

I know I got ripped off in our trade,but I really dont care about my team or season,so I felt like doing you a favor.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matrix said:
I know I got ripped off in our trade,but I really dont care about my team or season,so I felt like doing you a favor.

Quincy is a good QB. He can scramble too. I usualy put him in the 4th if I'm losing bad....then he'll throw a INT.

hgplayer1

Wellington said:
Shit you around tomorrow? Hopefully FMT understands the gravity of Halo 2 and allows us an extra day.

I think he understands. I was playing with him and DM in a clan match tonight :lol

tomorrow evening first thing.

Matrix

I cant get the Denver owner to respond to my aim messages :\

I also dont think he's part of the forum.

HG...let me know when you want to kickoff our week 5 game...anytime after 10PM CT is good. Let me know ahead of time so that way I can lock away the other games so that I won't get tempted. :D

hgplayer1

Cmdr. Solrak said:
HG...let me know when you want to kickoff our week 5 game...anytime after 10PM CT is good. Let me know ahead of time so that way I can lock away the other games so that I won't get tempted. :D

Sunday night will be good I just have to remember

Ramirez said:
DJ,whenever man...I'll prolly be on Halo,just send me a message or somethin.

Well, after yesterday's humiliating loss to the Bengals (I was fortunate enough to be at the game in person, and was trying to lead a chant of "Hasselbeck, Hasselbeck!!" in the 3rd quarter), hopefully I can redeem my teams' dignity with a win in our game. :lol I'm free whenever, just IM me.

Ramirez

Well that will about wrap it up for me ladies...I've had all of the drops from Ward and Burress I can handle.This game just feels like a chore to me,not fun at all.I doubt anyone here is actually having fun with this game aside from Konex :p

And DJ,when your up by 10 with 2 minutes left and Im running with the FB,why call timeouts?I've said I have no problem with running up the score or whatever,but calling timeouts? LoL I dunno if you were proud that you were beating me or what,I never had the controller in my hands during the 2nd half aside from picking plays.You ran about 5 offensive plays all game and they magically worked most of the time too.

But whatever,thats not the point,this game just flat out sucks and I've had my fill of it,so I'm dropping and I assume many others would love to follow me :p

After a humiliating 0-4 start, Skins fans are "cautiously optimistic" in their pre-game tailgating.

skinsfans.jpg

But Mark Brunell lead the way with 4 TD passes, igniting a stagnant Redskins offense. Below, Rod Gardner (just pretend it's him) outruns the last Steelers defender for a late 3rd quarter touchdown.

99083101.jpg

gg Ramirez, I thought it was another sure loss as soon as Duce broke that huge rushing TD 30 seconds into the game.

Ramirez said:
Well that will about wrap it up for me ladies...I've had all of the drops from Ward and Burress I can handle.This game just feels like a chore to me,not fun at all.I doubt anyone here is actually having fun with this game aside from Konex :p

And DJ,when your up by 10 with 2 minutes left and Im running with the FB,why call timeouts?I've said I have no problem with running up the score or whatever,but calling timeouts? LoL I dunno if you were proud that you were beating me or what,I never had the controller in my hands during the 2nd half aside from picking plays.You ran about 5 offensive plays all game and they magically worked most of the time too.

But whatever,thats not the point,this game just flat out sucks and I've had my fill of it,so I'm dropping and I assume many others would love to follow me :p

Alright, don't make exuses now just cause you lost....aside from the early poor playcalling from me on D, I brought a much better D. You got happy feet and were dropping back way too much with Roethlisberger later in the game, and got sacked accordingly. I counted only two or three dropped passes. And that challenge was BS. Smoot (or whoever it was) clearly had his hands around the ball. But whatever....

The late game timeouts were because I really was afraid of late game huge wide open rushing TDs. I've had close games before (FMT's game against me comes to mind) where I was up with around 2 minutes left and I've had 2 TDs run against me). Better safe than sorry.

Ramirez

Your in the new Madden league,right?I can't wait :)

Oh man...dude I was dropping back because my offensive linemen were just letting your dudes blow by them just like this stupid game always does,lol.Your D consisted of getting in a Bear and just blitzing the hell out of me,plus you were controlling a DE,no chance.

And like I said,you ran like 5 offensive plays all game.

I have no problem that I lost,just don't even try to brag because like everyone who has a lick of football sense has said a million times,this game has nothing to do with what you know about football,its all luck,I had Plax/Ward wide open countless times and they'd drop it,lol.

But yea,you're afraid of a late comeback?I was doing running plays,what were you afraid of?I just wanted to get the shit over with,and then when you do get the ball,you pass every down and still call timeouts,lol.

But whatever,just don't brag about it,because it has nothing to do with you out smarting me football wise.

And I guess that challenge just showcases how little you actually know about the game.In order to have possession of the ball,you have to you know,get your feet on the ground and make a move,Smoot caught it and got tackled in the air and dropped it,it wasn't even close.

Ramirez said:
And like I said,you ran like 5 offensive plays all game.

Yea, of course, you were right there watching me select plays. I called a play from every formation (even Hail Mary!) throughout the game. I Pro, I Twins, Strong Pro, Strong Spread, Weak Pro, Weak Twins, Double, Triple, Ace, Tight Triple, Gun Double Right, Gun Triple Left....don't give me that bullshit.

Ramirez said:
And I guess that challenge just showcases how little you actually know about the game.In order to have possession of the ball,you have to you know,get your feet on the ground and make a move,Smoot caught it and got tackled in the air and dropped it,it wasn't even close.

His feet looked on the ground to me, but whatever, you still lost. We'll settle this in Madden if that's what it will take.

Ramirez

I just know that anytime you completed a pass it was either that outside post to Gardner,the go route to Rasby, or the slant to Coles and I believe they were all 3 out of PA.Sure you might have ran a different play here and there,but I saw those plays countless times,you can deny it all you want,I don't really care,I have no reason to make it up.

And even if Smoot's feet were on the ground he still has to take a step and show that he has complete possession of the ball,he never touched the ground.To make matters worse,Plaxico's hand was clipping right through the middle of the ball.

awwwwwwwwwwww shit! here comes the trash talk ladies!

how ironic that espn nfl makes madden games more intense and emotional :D

yes azteca i can play tonight

Matrix

:lol I just won a game with my third string QB ...I love this game.

Mrbob

No. Sorry.

I'm going to bed soon. I'm burnt out from working another long day. Can we play tommorrow night around 9-10 central time?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
i should be home from work by then.....be there or i'll murder your QB

Top Bottom