• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN NFL 2k5 GAF Season 2: Because EQ wasn't on FMT YOU RETARD!

Fifty

I thought I would be the only one left, but 4 games need to be played. What can I say? People are just passionate about ESPN ;p

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fifty said:
I thought I would be the only one left, but 4 games need to be played. What can I say? People are just passionate about ESPN ;p

Fifty, when do you want to play?

Fifty

Ok, we played. Man, I should be getting paid for this. :lol ;p

I'd say good game, but we both know it wasn't.

dskillzhtown

I just think you had an off game and McNabb had a great game. I don't think either will happen again.

Edit - Can I get some Player Spotlight love!?!?!?

lol

DMczaf

Sorry about that HG, I was dead tired after being out all day and I got mad after that sack where my offensive line avoided your guy so I just let you run the clock out in the 4th. I really didn't feel like extending the game any further.

Fifty

dskillzhtown said:
Edit - Can I get some Player Spotlight love!?!?!?

lol

You want it? Westbrook had a big game when I pressed X with my safety to let him run an extra 60 yards..

Fifty

GG* FMT! Too bad you had to lose your connection.

* By GG I mean a game in which the following happened

- My 97 rated center didn't block on 2 plays
- My guard didn't block one at least one play
- Your WR got a huge TD because my CB stuck his hands out for the pick at the wrong time....really early, and then spun around letting your guy go all the way.
-A 4 yard wide open pass CLUNKS (Hey, it's the sound effect) off of Randy Moss' hands, which, judging by the sound effect, are made of wood)
- I turn into Jesus, time a PAT block like no other...and tackle your kicker! Wait, that didn't happen. I did time it correctly, no penalty, but instead of tackling the kicker I magically went through his body.

Now I'm not complaining because of the score, as there was plenty of time to come back if I cared, and if he hadn't been disconnected...But this game is a piece of shit and with so many AAA games out now, it would be insane for me to keep wasting my time with this. For everyone's sake, I should leave.

dskillzhtown

Fifty said:
You want it? Westbrook had a big game when I pressed X with my safety to let him run an extra 60 yards..

This might be one of the few times I get a Player Spotlight, I have to take advantage, lol.

Cloudy

Banned
Now I'm not complaining because of the score

You kind of are.... :p

as there was plenty of time to come back if I cared, and if he hadn't been disconnected...

Then why are you about to give up on the league?

But this game is a piece of shit and with so many AAA games out now, it would be insane for me to keep wasting my time with this. For everyone's sake, I should leave.

Just try and get better playing on this setting where the lower rated team actually has a chance, dude. If you're gonna quit cos you can't win with MINNESOTA....Come on, that's just.....WEAK -_-

Fifty

Cloudy said:
You kind of are.... :p

Then why are you about to give up on the league?

Just try and get better playing on this setting where the lower rated team actually has a chance, dude. If you're gonna quit cos you can't win with MINNESOTA....Come on, that's just.....WEAK -_-

That's not true. If I had beat FMT because of those glitches, I wouldn't have liked it, and I would have wanted the game to be over quickly and I would have considered leaving. I don't care about the game, and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get better when the glitches that I posted, and that FMT can attest to happen frequently. But I knew that posting that would piss you off for two reasons...I'm calling out the game's flaws, and I'm leaving, that's understandable.

Cloudy

Banned
Piss me off? :lol Leave if you want, dude. I don't really care and it's really not that serious.

All I know is that these same "glitches" were there in season 1 but the difference is that you could actually win :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Konex is mean..mean dudes!

LETS FIGHT THE KONEX AND ALL QUIT! FIGHT THE KONEX!

Mrbob

Cloudy said:
Piss me off? :lol Leave if you want, dude. I don't really care and it's really not that serious.

All I know is that these same "glitches" were there in season 1 but the difference is that you could actually win :D

Not necessarily. I'm starting to notice that EQ and non EQ have different sets of problems. But I've come to realize this is a heavily flawed game either way and just live with it and try to make the Colts the number one defensive unit in the league! :lol

dskillzhtown

There are glitches in all sports games. Some bigger than others. ESPN has them, Madden has them Most of the glitches in both games are on the defensive side of the ball. Now, I do believe some of the "glitches" are by design in ESPN's case to keep the game high scoring and "fun". I don't see any reason why they can't be discussed in this thread without the fear of a backlash from anyone. Konex, the way you respond to someone just bringing up something does not help the situation at all. You act like no one is allowed to say anything negative about the game without giving them the 3rd degree. You really don't have to say anything at all, actually. Just let someone vent on the board without taking everything as an attack on you.

I am not trying to start shit or pick sides, just making an observation.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bob,can you play at 9 eastern time tonight? or 10?

Cloudy

Banned
Konex, the way you respond to someone just bringing up something does not help the situation at all. You act like no one is allowed to say anything negative about the game without giving them the 3rd degree. You really don't have to say anything at all, actually. Just let someone vent on the board without taking everything as an attack on you.

Umm, he's not venting. He's quitting and I think that's pretty weak. What exactly did I do wrong here? o_O

Mrbob

Matrix said:
Bob,can you play at 9 eastern time tonight? or 10?

No. Yes, probably. Hit me up on AIM around then. If I don't get too in depth into San Andreas that is.

We should make an exception for the time limit for the round that comes about the release of Halo 2. We are all gonna forget about this league for like a week while we play Halo 2!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
DM...want me to run out the whole game for ya :D

I love when other people play as my team...

Matrix

I'm on AIM now Bob,just so you know.If you want to play at 10:30 thats cool,that gives you an extra 30 mins of GTA :p I'll even do 11 if we must,but I need to get this game done.I wont be around tomorrow night and the deadline day is my Moms bday so I wont be around then either.

Matrix

God this game is a joke and too top it off I lost Mcnair for the rest of the season :lol :lol I'm not even sure im going to stick around now,this is the 2nd straight EQ on league where I have lost my QB and this time its for the whole season.

Matrix

I have no chance at all now with Volek :( This is just absurd that I keep losing QB's.

I picked this team cause of Mcnair and now I have to play 13 more games without him...I hate the game already and this just makes it 10 times worse.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matrix said:
I have no chance at all now with Volek :( This is just absurd that I keep losing QB's.

I picked this team cause of Mcnair and now I have to play 13 more games without him...I hate the game already and this just makes it 10 times worse.

wanna work a trade for Quincy Carter?

soon DJ. EA is supposed to fix some of the bugs with the online league (for instance, if you set it for 1 wildcard team only, it will always give you 2 no matter what, which is a problem) by november 14th or so. we should be done with our first league on the 21st, so it should be around then

you know you can't beat me. i am a bogus curtis conway 3 yard TD reception DROP away from being undefeated against you, with the majority of those victories being ricockulous blowouts where i spotted Rat laughing on the sideline. sadly you have already realized your perfect season was doomed from the start, as soon as you saw me on the schedule :D

Ramirez

LMAO!

That was with Maddox at the helm,you will feel the wrath!

04_CIN_Roethlisberger_throw_45983.jpg

Top Bottom