• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN NFL 2k5 GAF Season 2: Because EQ wasn't on FMT YOU RETARD!

Cloudy

Banned
DJ will surprise guys this season, I think. A nice balanced attack that just fell a bit short against Matrix :D

Cloudy said:
DJ will surprise guys this season, I think. A nice balanced attack that just fell a bit short against Matrix :D

Thanks Konex, I hope so. I've managed to stay calm in the pocket (perhaps too calm, given Matrix's sacks), learned to spot open receivers better (still threw 2 INTs) and learned to trust in the run. Next big hurdle to overcome is defense.

Fifty

What do we vote for in the poll if we hate it with EQ and non EQ? There's an option if you like EQ, there's an option if you like EQ...a lot, and there's an option if you prefer the original "game". I think we need a fourth option.

Cloudy

Banned
What do we vote for in the poll if we hate it with EQ and non EQ?

You don't cos you wouldn't be in the league :D

PS: DJ, the trick to containing the run (or at least making the other guy play a more balanced game) is overloading the strong side of the formation (or where you think he'll run) and manually playing the weak-side. If you're positive it's a run, you can move your linebackers to the line but that leaves the middle wide open for a dump-pass so be ready to counter his audible.

You will get burned from time to time but you gotta take chances and give a determined runner a reason to pass the ball. One more thing, man to man D = trouble against the run :p

Cloudy

Banned
Indianapolis @ Chicago
NY Jets @ Denver
Minnesota @ NY Giants
Philadelphia @ Dallas

Let's get these games in, folks :D

Fifty

If CK can play tonight at 12 then that'd be good....Otherwise we were going to play tomorrow. CK, if you can play late tonight, let me know.

Cloudy

Banned
I don't know how the first poll was 'biased" just because there was no option to bash the game. It's been out for months, either you accept and live with its faults or you play something else. I personally don't care to read the mindless game-bashing..

PS: Maybe it's just me but I think it's pretty dumb to keep playing a game that "sucks ass"...

Cloudy

Banned
I accepted the faults (like I said above) because it was still the best basketball option (all things considered) for me. Just like I accept the faults in this game because it is the best one available for what I want in a football game...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
You sure did it with ESPN NBA 2K4... :lol

:lol :lol so true.

Cloudy

Banned
Yea,I guess so since Blitz took the year off =(

Try fun gameplay and a competent online leagues setup cos both are exclusive to ESPN this year :lol

Oh and reading the lastest posts in the Madden league thread, that sounds like some NFL Blitz crap to me :p

Ramirez

Eh,we can't help if someone bends the rules and abuses something...shit like that can happen in ESPN even if both sides are trying to play legit.

And I swear it should be a fact that anyone who actually watches the NFL could not prefer to play ESPN over Madden.What was your record again...0-10...yea I'd hate it too. ;)

Cloudy

Banned
Eh,we can't help if someone bends the rules and abuses something...shit like that can happen in ESPN even if both sides are trying to play legit.

And I swear it should be a fact that anyone who actually watches the NFL could not prefer to play ESPN over Madden.What was your record again...0-10...yea I'd hate it too. ;)

That was my first time touching Madden since the first week the previous one was released. Forgive me if I'm no good at the game. Unlike some of you guys, I'm not gonna invest time in something I don't enjoy :p

But you can keep bashing ESPN while you remain oblivious to Madden's flaws, just don't litter the league threads with it cos it's getting old. Just glancing in the Madden thread...three 70+ yard tds in a game for one team? Isn't this the same of crap we rip ESPN for when EQ is off? Heh, I guess it's just good offense in Madden, right?

Ramirez

Yea,its hard to play a game where you actually have to know a little about football I know,lol!

And Matrix said his brother was playin in that game,I've personally never had a huge amount of plays on me,but if I did it was because I called the wrong defense,not because my DB is a complete dumbass who is oblivious to how to cover a WR.

I mean really,don't you find it odd that everyone says the game sucks and you're the only one who lives and dies by it?

Cloudy

Banned
If the game sucks so much, go play Madden. I don't need to see that crap in our league threads or being encouraged by the league admin. If you think I know nothing about football, that's fine.

All I know is I enjoy ESPN and I play videogames for fun. You're entitled to your own opinions but the incessant bitching and blatant trolling is making these threads tough to stand and I'd appreciate it if you guys kept it to yourselves. If you hate the game, fine but don't act like you're doing a favor to the rest of us who see and play through the SAME flaws by playing in the league.....

Fifty

Let's keep the Madden stuff out of this thread. No need to take any comments back, but we shouldn't complicate this league even more by having to deal with 2x the problems in here.

hgplayer1

Ramirez said:
I mean really,don't you find it odd that everyone says the game sucks and you're the only one who lives and dies by it?

I dont think it sucks but I dont live and die by it either. I think its a great football game. I dont feel the need to defend it in any way against Madden anymore because its obvious nobody is gonna change their mind at this point. I still prefer it to Madden at this point and time.

here we go with the madden vs espn again...

i'm possibly the biggest madden supporter (along with dm) on the board, and while i prefer madden, i also enjoy espn nfl. it is not perfect, and there are times i just have to shake my head in disgust, but overall i enjoy the leagues and as long as im not LOOKING for flaws i seem to be ok with it.

my biggest problem is with the passing game. i feel as though if they fine tuned the passing game it would go along way. for instance, out plays are pretty much useless because 1 of 3 things happens:

1. wr tries to catch it with his elbow and drops it
2. wr catches it but "stumbles" forward, allowing the D to gain ground (this happens 9/10 times on out plays)
3. wr is PI'ed with (bc of the short bump zone) and the ball is incomplete/picked

but enough about this. if you enjoy espn just enjoy it, and if you think it is a crapfest then just play to prove your point :p

Cloudy

Banned
Nobody said the game was perfect :p

If you hate the game, fine but don't act like you're doing a favor to the rest of us who see and play through the SAME flaws by playing in the league.....

hgplayer1

dskillzhtown said:
I can play tonight, 10 Central. I got drivebys to do.

ok Im supposed to play Bob in Madden sometime around 8:30 but if we get started late it may run into 10. you should see me online either way.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Cloudy said:
He doesn't post on GA but is on AIM (check his profile) every night and ready to play...

Well tell Waldo I'm on my way to Church aka the lobby.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Was this change supposed to make the game play better? Seemed like a step backwards to me.

Cloudy

Banned
How so?

edit: I see you lost ;)

Look at the stats, guys. The yardage is waaaay better than the insane stuff we had in the other league. And the number of QBs with a rating over 100 will be under control as well (Only 4 right now in real life)...

Ramirez

Yea but most of that stems from bullshit bumping of WRs and wide open drops by the best WRs in the league.Non EQ is bullshit,EQ is bullshit.

Cloudy

Banned
Hmm...Philly and Dallas completed 24 of 29 passes combined and one incompletion was an interception. Sure some games will have drops but if you manual catch, I don't think open drops are an issue (like NFL 2K3 before it was patched :lol). Either way, I prefer this "extreme" to guys catching EVERYTHING >_<

Mrbob

Yikes, not this again. :lol

Solrak I have off of work this today, tommorrow, and Sunday woo! So I'm pretty much free to play any time except when I might be out partying at night. :D

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Cloudy said:
How so?

edit: I see you lost ;)

Look at the stats, guys. The yardage is waaaay better than the insane stuff we had in the other league. And the number of QBs with a rating over 100 will be under control as well (Only 4 right now in real life)...

The point is that ESPN was different from Madden as it was wide open football, now what I experienced was a Madden clone. I was just stating an opinion, making my own observation. But I guess if you are not a card carrying ESPN NFL fan, you are not allowed to do that in this thread.

Cloudy

Banned
The point is that ESPN was different from Madden as it was wide open football, now what I experienced was a Madden clone. I was just stating an opinion, making my own observation. But I guess if you are not a card carrying ESPN NFL fan, you are not allowed to do that in this thread.

All I asked was for you to explain why you though non-EQ was better, dude. It had nothing to do with which game you prefer. I really do want to hear your opinion :)

But you say it played like a Madden clone. So lemme get this straight, when ESPN plays like Madden (not that I think it does), it's a "step backwards"? o_O

Top Bottom