• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN ranks North America's pro sports franchises 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Green Bay should be #1.

We travel the best, you can find us in any sports bar in the country on game day, and we own the damn team.

GO PACK GO!

Parch

I wonder how much the Oilers increase next year when they go from the worst rink in the league into their new arena.

Cormano

0 MLS teams on this list. Come on now, ESPN. You're not even technically including all NA sports teams in your all inclusive NA sports team list.

No football teams at all though, not even Mexican teams that have won the CONCACAF Champions League.

Glad to see The KC Royals up there thought.

When Kristaps Porzingod carries the Knicks to the promised land this season, ESPN will eat its own shit like ice cream and never talk bad about us again.

HariKari

DBACKS ARE 9?

What the fuck?

Arizona D-Backs? Okayyyyyyyy

If it's like past years, the score (and thus ranking) is based off of fan experience and how cheap it is to attend, which is why all of the Arizona teams are relatively high.

Overall: 9
Title track: T44
Ownership: 58
Coaching: T62
Players: 32
Fan relations: 22
Affordability: 3
Stadium experience: 11
Bang for the buck: 7
Change from last year: +21

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/13875380/espn-magazine-2015-ultimate-standings

BadAss2961

When Kristaps Porzingod carries the Knicks to the promised land this season, ESPN will eat its own shit like ice cream and never talk bad about us again.
You're more likely to find Derek Fisher with your ex than the Knicks winning anything this season.

Eos

pop-dancing-parade1.gif

GOAT

HariKari

Pats at 25? Wtf is this.

What's bad

The presence of Brady, Gronk & Co. make it easier to absorb the cost of attending a game, which is where the Patriots lag in our rankings. They rank 90th in affordability, with the league's most expensive average ticket at $122. (Rejoice, though, hot dog lovers: The Gillette Stadium dog is the NFL's cheapest at $3.75.) Sometimes simply getting to the game can be a drain (51st in stadium experience), as Gillette Stadium is located off Route 1, which has two lanes in each direction. Sitting in traffic both before and after games can yield the same frustration a reporter might experience trying to crack Belichick in a news conference.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ns-happy-almost-everything-ultimate-standings

Josh5890

My Chicago Team rankings:

17. Chicago Blackhawks Go to Blackhawks story
66. Chicago Bulls Go to Bulls story
77. Chicago Cubs Go to Cubs story
85. Chicago White Sox Go to White Sox story
114. Chicago Bears Go to Bears story

I'm glad that the Blackhawks are being called out for cost of going to a game. For the most part that is every Chicago team's problem, cost. I'm sure the Cubs will be higher next year. Hopefully the Bears will rise up. They certainly can't be any lower.

As for the Knicks, hahahahahahaha

LOLDSFAN

I like the Grizzlies, I root for them in the playoffs. Just obvious that they don't have crazy fan support and they haven't won anything ever. The criteria is trash.

Basketball is huge in Memphis. Whether it be the Grizzlies or Tigers.

Not surprised seeing it rank so high.

BlazinAm

Derek Fisher can fuck all my exes if he delivers us a chip

Do it Fish. Prove these non believers wrong

NBA championship incoming!!!!

I think the problem with the Knicks is they got one long term acquisition with Carmello and built nothing around him to last. They tried to develop new players but they couldn't them. Nothing with the Knicks really sticks for a long period of time so it's hard to build fan value are the team.

But the biggest problem in the terms of this ranking system is that the Knicks are the +1 team in a crowded sports market.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the colorado standings, if we're only talking about this year, then I'd agree with the list. Rockies deserve to be far lower than Nuggets if we're talking over the last few decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom