• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] mega psn sale, 330+ games/dlc, includes PS2 (ps4) games

Danneee

Left Behind stand alone for me. Not really interested in anything else right now.

Kind of interested in Driveclub Bikes but I haven't even downloaded all the season pass stuff yet for the base game. Would have considered Nidhogg if the price was lower...

Hasney

us EU scum lived through 50hz, we use to it :p

Ontopic: Finally a decent price for DBZ Xenoverse. It shall be mine! Been in DBZ mood for the past week or so, so looking forward to this.

I lived through it as well! While we shouldn't settle for a second class product in this day and age, It's also a lot worse on a PS4 because it only outputs in 60Hz, but the game timing is 50Hz. It ends up making the whole game judder at times as frames are repeated since 60 divided by 50 doesn't go.

Is Metal Slug 3 a good game?

I've not played any of the Metal Slug games before

Tempted to try for £3.99

Yeah, well worth it.

It's not my favourite in the series - that's currently dancing between the original and X - but it's an amazing game.

Is there any chance someone could post a plain text list of the sale items?

Narfm

Neo Member
i checked a couple random games on ps4 store, and it says the price is valid from 16th March to 30th march . Would assume it applies to all the games, but will see once psblog posts it.

Thank you! I'll wait until 30th march then. Maybe they could add more games...

So glad we have wishlists now, only need a quick glance to see if something of interest went down in price (although annoyingly they don't always show the old price there).

For me:

TLoU Left Behind PS4
Yakuza 5
Jackbox
Talos Principle
Unravel

There are a few more things but I have to be realistic and easy on my wallet :D
edit: I kinda wan tFF X/X-2 HD Remaster on PS4... but I'm not sure I will play through it again.. I could argue that the PS2 PAL release was shit and I need a better version :D

edit2: for some reason the wishlist didn't load completely, there's even more games, noooooo lol
Tearaway Unfolded 12€
Amplitude...

everything with additional 20% off thanks to that +15€ bonus for adding 100€ to the funds (I guess Sony was preparing us for the sale :p )

Bishop89

Need some help guys.

1. Im not too sure if I would like Rogue Galaxy or Dark Chronicles.

JRPG's ive loved are:
Pokemon mainline
Dragon Quest 5 + 8
Final Fantasy X
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Wild Arms
Star Ocean

Is the combat slow? Turn-based vs action?
Open world / linear?

2. J-Stars Victory VS+
I have never played these games, but i know the characters in them. Does this game play like the ps2 DBZ Tenkaichi games? It kind of looks like it.

Im picking up DBZ Xenoverse regardless, but do these games play the same (roughly)?

Not so massive when you filter it to PS4 :( Kinda meh for my tastes, but I already got a game in the last US PSN sale that should last me for a few months.

P4D 55% off, does anyone know of a cheaper price currently? Seems to be the best deal at this point.
Do I need to play Infamous SS before Last Light? Only LL is discounted, I got a PS4 recently and was waiting for a sale on these, though I guess can pick up a cheap used copy of SS.
Cold Steel already at 40%. I was going to wait on this one because of backlog but I don't see it dropping lower anytime soon and I've finished SC so it's tempting.

Fuck no. Under no circumstances would I pay good money for a 50Hz product in this day and age. No excuse for that bullshit any more.

Given all the hilarity around resolution these days I'd say no way I would pay good money for anything with a horizontal resolution below 500 pixels!

I thought Studio Cambridge's Primal was in the first wave of PS2 classics on PS4, but I can't manage do find it, am I just blind or I'm rememberig wrong?

Bishop89

Need some help guys.

JRPG's ive loved are:
Pokemon mainline
Dragon Quest 5 + 8
Final Fantasy X
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Wild Arms
Star Ocean

Open world / linear?

2. J-Stars Victory VS+
I have never played these games, but i know the characters in them. Does this game play like the ps2 DBZ Tenkaichi games? It kind of looks like it.

Im picking up DBZ Xenoverse regardless, but do these games play the same (roughly)?
anyone? :)

Need some help guys.

2. J-Stars Victory VS+

3. Akiba's Trip
I have NO idea why Ive always been interested in trying this, but the game just looks so shallow gameplay wise. Should I not bother with this one?

4.War of the Monsters
ive heard good things, but looking at the game, it looks somewhat of a shallow experience which I might not get much time out of, especially since I'd be solo'n it.

J-Stars is a shitty game. You might recognize a few characters but it's horrible as a "fighting game". Poor performance too, and the 2P mode locks you into a quarter screen each.

I kind of want Akiba's, even though I'm pretty sure it's crap. I'm going to Akihabara in a few weeks so it would be fun to scout ahead.

War of the Monsters was quite fun, but mostly in 2P, and I have no idea how well it aged.

Rogue Galaxy is complete garbage. Spurn it as you would spurn a rabid dog.

You might think it looks good, and it does! But you do the same thing over and over and over again and there is zero pay off.

The combat is action, in that you press the same button a million times and in terms of progression it is linear as fuck.

Dark Cloud 2? It isn't the greatest, but it is good enough if you want something with action and just want to mess about.

BahamutPT

I've never played Borderlands, but after playing the Tales episodes from Telltale I'm thinking about grabbing the Handsome Collection at half price.

Do I need to play Infamous SS before Last Light? Only LL is discounted, I got a PS4 recently and was waiting for a sale on these, though I guess can pick up a cheap used copy of SS.

There's a Second Son + First Light pack for 19.99€ if you want both. (Assuming from your avatar this will already be your store)

I'd say you can play whichever you feel like first.
FL expands on a character's backstory from SS, so you will know how FL ends if you play SS first (the same way you know Anakin's fate if you watch Originals before Prequels). However, having played them in release order, I didn't feel that was a negative thing. But many may disagree.

chunk3rvd

Looking through my wishlist and I see Teraway Vita is down to £6.49. I know it can be had cheap on PS4 at retail but is the Vita version still worth playing? I have enough of a backlog on PS4 so I'm more likely to play this on the move. Also tempted by £11.99 P4G due to all be hype but not sure it's the best game for someone with a major backlog!

Anyone experiencing troubles with waking your PS4 to download newly purchased games?

Since some time my PS4 would not download the games I add to the download list on PC. The PS4 spins up from Rest mode but the games will show up as "waiting for other downloads to finish" and then the PS4 turns off again after a few minutes.
When I turn on the console manually, the downloads are added. Now testing if they continue to download during Rest mode.

oti

Banned
Kinda tempted by Hercules + Atlantis PS1 for 3€ for the nostalgia trip. Might as well watch some YouTube videos though and save the money.

GeeTeeCee

I might take the gamble on Tales From The Borderlands, even though I'm not that into the Borderlands franchise. I've heard good things, and frankly, after slogging my way through Game Of Thrones I deserve to play a decent Telltale game.

Bishop89

J-Stars is a shitty game. You might recognize a few characters but it's horrible as a "fighting game". Poor performance too, and the 2P mode locks you into a quarter screen each.

I kind of want Akiba's, even though I'm pretty sure it's crap. I'm going to Akihabara in a few weeks so it would be fun to scout ahead.

War of the Monsters was quite fun, but mostly in 2P, and I have no idea how well it aged.

Rogue Galaxy is complete garbage. Spurn it as you would spurn a rabid dog.

You might think it looks good, and it does! But you do the same thing over and over and over again and there is zero pay off.

The combat is action, in that you press the same button a million times and in terms of progression it is linear as fuck.

Dark Cloud 2? It isn't the greatest, but it is good enough if you want something with action and just want to mess about.

Thanks guys.

Looks like its just DBZ Xenoverse and SW:bounty hunter for me today!

Hasney

I thought the 50Hz issue with PS2 games got patched. Is that not the case?

Didn't know about this, but had a look and even then it seems it's on a game by game basis. Good to see there's some progress, frustrating that it needs to be pointed out to Sony and Nintendo in the first place.

Lionheart

JRPG's ive loved are:
Pokemon mainline
Dragon Quest 5 + 8
Final Fantasy X
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Wild Arms
Star Ocean

Open world / linear?
Dark Chronicle is fantastic, playing it right now again on PS4 and I'm having as much fun as when I played it the first time.

It's a relatively slow Action RPG with mostly one on one fights in randomly generated dungeons. Each enemy does a different couple of moves and has different weaknesses. They're relatively easy to beat, but there are some difficulty spikes where you have to be careful (defend some more). You can fight as one of the two main characters or as their 'special forms' which is either a mech or as a monster. Each has their pros and cons and a different fighting style. Both main characters have two weapons, ranged / close.

You don't walk around on an open world map, but there are like 8 or so very different regions that consist of a town, a dungeon, a 'town building area' and / or a 'future town area'. In a region the parts are interconnected. You move from region to region by selecting them on the world map. It's fairly linear (you move to a different region as you move on in the story), but you're free to go back to past regions and you have to for certain quests / sub quests.

By building the town or buildings of the town building area (present time), you change the future. Building blocks are found in the dungeons. There's weapon crafting (upgrading weapons, elements of weapons, crafting new weapons), optional golf minigame, optional fishing.

Until this game back then, I mostly played turn based RPG's and this one introduced me to action RPG's.

Edit: oh and the music is great. Rogue Galaxy is good as well, but didn't leave such a lasting impression on me. I was less into the optional stuff and mainly followed the story in that game.

oggob

For those asking the span of the sale, alot of the page descriptions state til March 30th, so 2 week, so you will find 95% will be the same.

Though when the Blog post it up, they might outline a few items that will only last a week (Deal of the Week as an example)...

marmoka

Banned
Looking for Tearaway PS4, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Unravel, God of War 3 Remastered and The Witcher 3, but I cannot find them.

Also Knack for 7 euros!!.... Meh.

And Nocturne is still missing for PS4 :'(

Joqu

Didn't know about this, but had a look and even then it seems it's on a game by game basis. Good to see there's some progress, frustrating that it needs to be pointed out to Sony and Nintendo in the first place.

A google search is giving me a "yes" for the Star Wars games and Dark Cloud, at least.
Surprised I didn't hear more about that.

Yeah, the issue is I'm not finding too much (official) info on it myself. Would be nice to have a list of games that are and aren't fixed over here. :s

Top Bottom