• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN - 12 Deals of Christmas

Jesus you get paid monthly?

Almost all companies in the UK do? How regularly do you get paid then?!

The only time I got paid weekly was when I was working for a temp agency, and to be honest that was great for my finances as I was able to manage my money much better. But I've never worked as a permanent employee for a company who did that - it's four times the work, so it's inefficient.

The only time I got paid weekly was when I was working for a temp agency, and to be honest that was great for my finances as I was able to manage my money much better. But I've never worked as a permanent employee for a company who did that - it's four times the work, so it's inefficient.

Yep monthly here as you say, weekly pay is normally those in agency/contract work. I get payed last working day of the month, partner gets paid last Friday of the month, which works out great sometimes!

Melchiah

Yep monthly here as you say, weekly pay is normally those in agency/contract work. I get payed last working day of the month, partner gets paid last Friday of the month, which works out great sometimes!

Same in Finland, or paid twice a month. Monthly pay is more common though.

Rynam

Hoping for Diablo for around 30chf. Maybe I'm lucky this sale, forgot to buy it while it was on sale last time.

Metalmarc

Can anyone confirm its just an art (booklet) of fans of tomb raider art and just 20 pages?, if so then not interested in the art book edition.

Wiggy

My major 'want' list is pretty much empty, just hoing marvel ultimate alliance now, don't think that'll be one of these deals though

JakR

Apparently, all modes but performance have frame-pacing issues. So, if you're sensitive to it, that might be the best option for you.

I survived Bloodborne ;) Just toggling the options at the beginning and can not play further because still need to download 10GB of data.

What is the sense of showing me that the game installed when I can not play more than 5 minutes until the rest is downloaded. I shake my head in disbelief.

But looks really nice already and play on survival difficulty. The new hardest difficulty looks a little bit frightening. But played the game a year ago on 360, should be familar after some playing time. :)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
any chance we might get information on the upcoming deals through people doing whatever internet people do to find out these things?

Melchiah

I survived Bloodborne ;) Just toggling the options at the beginning and can not play further because still need to download 10GB of data.

What is the sense of showing me that the game installed when I can not play more than 5 minutes until the rest is downloaded. I shake my head in disbelief.

But looks really nice already and play on survival difficulty. The new hardest difficulty looks a little bit frightening. But played the game a year ago on 360, should be familar after some playing time. :)

Same here. It never really bothered me in BB, but it's different for others.

Just started the game, and it looks great in 4K mode. I'll have to try the Enriched mode at some point as well.

Wish deals like this lasted til the end of December, 2/3 day deals are no good to me when I get paid on the 14th each month. :(

Gee, if only there was some way of knowing when all these black friday/xmas/end of year sales are going to happen so you could plan for them ahead of time... /s

DBT85

These sales so close to christmas really piss me off, unless they've finally added the option to buy as a gift?

Jesus you get paid monthly?

You don't?

Though to be fair, I've never understood not being able to get stuff because I don't have money for 3 days until I get paid. Get a credit card and don't be an arse with it.

So many good games I've got left to complete. Hitman Season 1 and INSIDE...

Anyone who could give some impressions of this, is it a must-have experience ?

mitx

EU PSN is on fire. With inside and now Tomb raider, my wish list only has ffxv! My PS4 backlog keeps getting bigger..

kanuuna

I was bummed out that RoTR wasn't a part of the deals last weekend, but this will do nicely. Now if Watch_Dogs 2 dropped to somewhere between 35€ and 39€, I'd be done with buying games until March of 2017 or so (excluding TLG).

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Man super super tempted. I loved TR1. But I don't know what else is to come.

NHale

Thanks to Brexit buying digitally for an EU user is much cheaper now. Using Cdkeys I managed to get Tomb Raider for less than 25€. A 5€ savings compared to the price on my local PSN Store.

I guess in the end I keep funding the UK economy. You won Farage!

I think most office-based workers do, at least in the UK. Are you paid weekly?

These sales so close to christmas really piss me off, unless they've finally added the option to buy as a gift?

You don't?

Though to be fair, I've never understood not being able to get stuff because I don't have money for 3 days until I get paid. Get a credit card and don't be an arse with it.

Do you not? In the U.K. It's very, very common to be paid monthly...

I'm in Australia and yeah I get paid weekly. Some places do fortnightly. Monthly seems super inconvenient.

I find being paid monthly to be the most natural. Bills are also paid once a month. It also helps with learning budgeting and against a living paycheck to paycheck mentality

black070

The Last of Us Remastered is part of the buy one get one free deal so I'd rule that out for those that are asking.

I'd imagine Dishonored 2, Mafia 3, Watch Dogs 2, FIFA 17, Skyrim, Battlefield 1, Deus Ex and Titanfall 2 are all likely candidates.

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member
Create a EU account, but then the currency conversion isn't going to be nice to you. You'll have to wait for a similar deal in the US.

The conversion is surprisingly favorable! Now, final question and I apologize because my google-fu is weak, but is this playable on my main account or are the two forever separate (for PSN Plus purposes, etc).

Thanks.

Hoping World of Final Fantasy shows up here. Really feeling the itch to play that soon. Also kinda waiting for them to patch it on the pro though.

The conversion is surprisingly favorable! Now, final question and I apologize because my google-fu is weak, but is this playable on my main account or are the two forever separate (for PSN Plus purposes, etc).

Thanks.

Make the EU/UK account a primary on your machine then you can play the game with any account you wish to

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's the most wonderful time of the year! I love the annual 12 deals of Christmas. Off to a great start too with Tomb Raider, I'll definitely pick this up to add to my backlog.

I already have Tomb Raider on Xbox One but I've barely played it. I prefer playing on my PS4 though so I'm really tempted to pick this up. How big are the differences on the Pro? And is the extra content worth it?

Markoman

You guys have to be kidding me. 30€ should've been the regular price for the PS4 version - for a game that came out one year ago! I've bought the thing in March for 20€ on PC.

xrnzaaas

I feel bad for the people behind RotR. They made a really good game, but the publishing plan looks as if it was intentionally sabotaged by the competition.

kvn

I'm in Australia and yeah I get paid weekly. Some places do fortnightly. Monthly seems super inconvenient.

I might be correct to guess that 90 % of Germans get paid monthly except you are a day laborer or something. Nothing inconvient about that as the whole society is basically built around that concept.

Freeman76

I already have Tomb Raider on Xbox One but I've barely played it. I prefer playing on my PS4 though so I'm really tempted to pick this up. How big are the differences on the Pro? And is the extra content worth it?

Absolutely worth it. High framerate mode is worth it alone imo

Melchiah

You guys have to be kidding me. 30€ should've been the regular price for the PS4 version - for a game that came out one year ago! I've bought the thing in March for 20€ on PC.

The PC version costs 34-40€ currently here in Finland, and the XBO version 26-31€. That's why 30€ was a fitting price for the PS4 version, considering it includes all the extras. Personally, I never would have paid a full price for it, that's double of what it costs on other platforms.

Melchiah

So is the TR good on PRO? I heard some framerate issues and what not. Shall I buy?

I played for a few hours yesterday, and the 4K supersampled mode looked great on 1080p display. I'm not that sensitive to framerate or frame-pacing issues, which others have mentioned, so there's that.

Withnail

Kinda torn on this, I prefer digital and want to see it running on the Pro, but on the other hand I didn't enjoy the previous game at all because of the awful characters and silly death scenes.

Is this game better in those aspects?

If not I think I'll wait till I can get the physical version for under £20 (which probably won't be long).

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I loved TR, but 30 Eurobucks still seems kindaaaa pricey. Damnit :D Might jump on it.

Top Bottom