• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN Black Friday sale extravaganza - Great prices!

OP, add the store URL to the OP:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-nz/black-friday/cid=STORE-MSF75508-BFMWD2016

Just the God of War 3 remaster for me. Any other game will probably be on sale for a cheaper price before I have the time to play them.

Hopefully Inside will be part of the Christmas sale, I really want to get it done before all the GOTY discussions inevitably spoil the hell out of it (plus I'd like to see if it's worth adding to my list on GAF's GOTY vote).

Not Drake

I wanted Hitman Season 1 Upgrade to be atleast 50% off and the sale delivered. Shame there's no discount on Inside and World of Final Fantasy though.

How are Odin Sphere and Digimon on the Vita? They are cheaper than PS4 counterparts so I might grab them. Anything game breaking like performance issues?

Cartho

Titanfall 2 standard edition is discounted. Buy it you heathens. Support Respawn for the love of god.

Gah, why did I spend so much money earlier this month? :(

I'd be so tempted to bite on Uncharted 4, Battlefield 1, Skyrim...

Might wait till the last minute and bung stuff on my credit card and worry about it next month.

xrnzaaas

Watch Dogs 2 came out less than two weeks ago lmao

I was about to post the same thing. Crazy, Ubisoft's games drop fast, but this is Speedy Gonzales fast. :)

Kinda sucks there's no XCOM 2 DLC's in the sale. I was hoping to buy them before replaying the campaign.

Think I'll grab Titanfall 2 for £34.99.
I enjoyed the tech test and reviews/w-o-m have been excellent.

Have no idea how I'll juggle that, BF1 and Overwatch however.
That's a bunch of MP games to be committed too.

How is Far Cry Primal?

It's actually a pretty good Far Cry game, I picked it up on the Ubi anniversary sale.

If you've missed the Far Cry formula (because nothing is different design wise)then you'll have some fun with it.

It's a nice change with no weaponry and having to use spears, bows, clubs and having tamed beasts etc. Also, the world of Oros is massive and beautifully rendered imo.
Story is a little meh but growing your village for upgrades adds some variety. The side quests are repetitive but the combat approaches Far Cry provides keeps things interesting close enough to the end of the game.

If it's cheap enough for you, I'd recommend getting it because this Far Cry adds enough new elements in setting, weaponry and combat to be worth a playthrough.

64bitbros

Not a great sale. Not feeling this, at all. Black friday should be something special with "crazy" deals.
And i don't see it. Oh well.... retailers are trying though.

Disappointed as hell with this, given that the vast majority of my wishlist is still showing at full price.

Guess I'll hang on for the xmas sale instead.

shmoglish

I need Digimon.

I will buy Digimon.

How is the Vita version of Digimon?
Irc I had no problems with it. Loading times are a bit long, but not that bad. Great game.

Is Tearaway good for young kids or does it have complex controls?

My daughter struggles with LBP so....

I'm still waiting for Bomb Jack to turn up. Been on the US store for forever.

You have to use all the functions the vita offers (touchpads, cam, gyroscope (??)). That may be a problem. Otherwise the game is oretty easy. Same for the Ps4 version.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
You have to use all the functions the vita offers (touchpads, cam, gyroscope (??)). That may be a problem. Otherwise the game is oretty easy. Same for the Ps4 version.

Looking at the PS4 version, as long as you don't have to press multiple buttons at once (like LBP3 grappling -- trying to stretch fingers from R1 to X) is not the easiest thing to do with small hands

dracula_x

Will prices drop more in the Holiday sale? I noticed PSN never gets price drops on DLCs.

yep. and don't forget about post-holiday season too. that was year ago, for example:

24325197995_3153bb7991_z.jpg

Are saves compatible between the disc and download version of the same game? I'm asking because i want to buy Skyrim digitally but don't want to start from the beginning again if the disc saves is not compatible.

AFCA

Neo Member
I'll take F1 2016 for € 29,99!

Also really tempted to buy the Hitman upgrade for €25, is it worht it?
Enjoyed the first episode but i didnt think it was worht the money (€15).

Blablurn

Irc I had no problems with it. Loading times are a bit long, but not that bad. Great game.

Thanks brah! Will get Vita version then!

DBT85

£12 for Infamous and First Light is probably my lot.

Got UC4 on my xmas list so can;t really buy that.

Kuraudo

Banned
Was waiting to see what price Dark Souls III would be -- was hoping/expecting it'd cheaper than that. Think I'll grab it in CEX today instead.

Really good price for Skyrim though. Shame I don't have the time to put another 200 hours into it lol.

AndyVirus

Without a discount code NA emphatically wins this one. Couple of good deals but overall nothing better than retail offerings atm.

Hanmik

why are there never any discount codes for the EU PSN store..?

The US always get a code..

(sitting in a corner like a little baby crying)

why are there never any discount codes for the EU PSN store..?

The US always get a code..

(sitting in a corner like a little baby crying)

Some months ago random people got one in an email.

Also technically the store hasn't updated yet, we may still get one

lol of course not

bombshell

To be fair, we don't know if there'll be a discount code until the blog post goes up.

They do have discount codes for the EU store. This past week me and a lot of other people said they received a mail with 43% discount code for Titanfall 2.

Hanmik

Some months ago random people got one in an email.

Also technically the store hasn't updated yet, we may still get one

lol of course not

I think I have a 43% code for Titanfall 2 at home.. in my mail.. (wonder if that would stack on the 41% off today.. hmm..?)

Osahi

I think I have a 43% code for Titanfall 2 at home.. in my mail.. (wonder if that would stack on the 41% off today.. hmm..?)

Probably not. I think the promo mentioned it wasn't compatible with other promo's.

i hope, as I used it immediatly

On topic: going to grab Hitman. It'll end up on the backlog, but what's new.

Probably not. I think the promo mentioned it wasn't compatible with other promo's.

i hope, as I used it immediatly

On topic: going to grab Hitman. It'll end up on the backlog, but what's new.

Nope, key expired at midnight. Already tried that one. :p

PaulLFC

Is the limited edition of Infamous worth the extra £4, or just buy the standard for £8? The only worthwhile addition seems to be the Cole's Legacy DLC but I don't know if that's worth 50% extra.

Modern Warfare Remastered €64.99 is sort of tempting right now. I was going to wait for the game to go €60 or cheaper so I can pretend to buy it for full price and get a bonus space campaign with it. But if the IW campaign is good, it might be worth that extra €5...

Do we get a 10% off code like the US does? I think I should wait for a Playstation Blog post just in case.

Top Bottom