• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN Black Friday sale extravaganza - Great prices!

Mesharey

Weird that only the deluxe edition of Deus Ex is on sale.

Is the season pass worth it?
The game's really good, but if you're asking about the season pass only then not really, if you want the season pass for the missions only then you can get them separately for lower price (the usual price I mean), because the season pass includes weapons and other stuff.

The first DLC mission is out and it's good, the second should be in January/February I think.

Fliesen

some of the PS+ double discounts are still active until tomorrow btw.

I'll probably buy one of the Lego games for €17 - those are great value for a completionist like me. Lego Jurassic World was a blast.

Probably gonna go for the Hobbit

black070

Picked up the complete season of Hitman, but other then that really disappointed - hoping Mafia 3 & Rise of the Tomb Raider see a bigger discount during the end of year sales.

I don't know whether or not to get Batman Telltale. Usually I'd wait for the retail release, but considering that there already is that weird retail season pass, I'm not sure whether they are going to make a normal physical collection of all the episodes.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
The game's really good, but if you're asking about the season pass only then not really, if you want the season pass for the missions only then you can get them separately for lower price (the usual price I mean), because the season pass includes weapons and other stuff.

The first DLC mission is out and it's good, the second should be in January/February I think.
The Deluxe Edition includes the season pass and it's the only version of the game on sale, so I'm torn. The first game was one of my favourites of last gen, so I'm up for more content if it's good.

Is the extra mission built into the game or is it a separate thing?

Are the added weapons well integrated into the game and balanced and are any bonuses optional? I usually don't like extra weapons and perks for my first run because I feel the game wouldn't have been designed with them in mind.

Mesharey

The Deluxe Edition includes the season pass and it's the only version of the game on sale, so I'm torn. The first game was one of my favourites of last gen, so I'm up for more content if it's good.

Is the extra mission built into the game or is it a separate thing?

Are the added weapons well integrated into the game and balanced and are any bonuses optional? I usually don't like extra weapons and perks for my first run because I feel the game wouldn't have been designed with them in mind.
The mission was a separate thing, was good.

Not really sure about the weapons & additional stuff because I didn't get them.

It's worth it I think since it was one of your favorite games last gen.

Yoshi88

Is Godzilla worthwhile for shits and giggles, or is it completely awful?

If you like Godzilla, it's quite good. It's way better than reviews suggest imo, i personally like it. But don't expect a brawler like DOMM or Unleashed, instead a havoc-wrecking city trampler. Bit grindy, but monster variety and detail is unparalleled within the Godzilla games so far.

I'd definitely give it a try at this price.

Edit: PS4 version I'm talking about. PS3 has some content (monsters) missing i think.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
The mission was a separate thing, was good.

Not really sure about the weapons & additional stuff because I didn't get them.

It's worth it I think since it was one of your favorite games last gen.
Thanks, I'll think about it!
Does hitman run good on ps4?
Yes, if you cap it at 30fps (there's an option, think it's on by default?) then it's smooth for the vast majority. Textures take a while to load when you first start the level but after that everything's fine.

chadskin

Tearaway Unfolded and Life is Strange are criminally cheap. Both terrific games ya'll should pick up.

I think I'll grab the Hitman Intro Pack to try and find out if I like it.

No The Last of Us PS4. :(
Odin Sphere is tempting, though I'd prefer the disc version for 5€ more for the cover.
Already picked up TF 2 and Uncharted 4 physical releases for 30€ and 20€.

Hagi

Huh so this is how we get the Battlefront Ultimate Edition for a decent price. Will buy that, batman telltale and maybe something else like God of war.

Cincaid

I'm new to PSN sales, but are there usually any "lightning deals" for the EU store? I see that the US store hint regarding that (+ they get a 10% discount code...), but were there any of those for the EU store previous year(s)?

What, is this it ?
I'm buying a ps4 slim so I'm looking for games to buy but there isn't one deal I find particularly interesting in this sale "extravaganza".
Will buy second hand.

I said it in the other topic but it's worth repeating: everyone should buy God of War 3 for that price. It's a crazy good deal for a really decent remaster which holds up extremely well visually and runs at a smooth 60fps. If you haven't played any of the predecessors all you need to know about the story is: angry dickhead tries to kill the Greek gods.

How does it compare to A Crack in Time?

Honestly, I haven't played enough of it yet to judge. ACiT is my favourite in the series as well, and part of the reason why I love it is because it has really good variety between the Ratchet sections and the slower, more puzzle-heavy Clank sections. From what I have played R&C PS4 is more of a straight remake of the first game and doesn't have a lot of downtime like that.

I'm new to PSN sales, but are there usually any "lightning deals" for the EU store? I see that the US store hint regarding that (+ they get a 10% discount code...), but were there any of those for the EU store previous year(s)?

I don't think we've ever had a flash/lightning sale here in the EU.

Gloggins

Is it worth splurging £70 on XCOM 2 and Deus Ex: MD deluxe editions? I don't often buy games digitally but since these include season pass + dlc...should I? I think I should. Maybe.

Decides to skip Tales of Zestiria, but definitely picking up Life is Strange for €6. Remember really liking the First episode.

xrnzaaas

Is it worth splurging £70 on XCOM 2 and Deus Ex: MD deluxe editions? I don't often buy games digitally but since these include season pass + dlc...should I? I think I should. Maybe.

Hell no. XCOM2 has small expansions and by the time Deus Ex's season pass content is released the main game will be very cheap.

Catvoca

Banned
Hitman finally goes on sale but it's when I'm broke 😓

Hopefully it ends up cheaper in holiday or January sales.

Klart

Yeah it was, it was R374 at the previous sale it is currently on sale for R399. Not a huge difference but to have the game and play it over a month ago for less than the current sale price is a bonus.

It was 34.99 (Plus 28.99) Euro & it's 24.99 Euro now. In "Europe".

Wait £15, mine shows £22.49 which I just paid.

I picked this up along with Infamous Second Son and First Light. Need to give that Pro a work out.

I guess you don't have PS+? I can only see £15, but I assume if you're seeing a different price it's because it has a different price for non-Plus subscribers.

HITMAN at £25 is just too good for me to turn down.

There I was pretending to myself that I wouldn't buy more games until I cleared my PS4 backlog...

Top Bottom