• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN Black Friday sale extravaganza - Great prices!

It may go down £5-10 more, but that's a small price to pay to play the game a month early - it's absolutely worth it.

Thanks and yeah you're right, the price to pay is small.
I was just considering waiting because I need to dedicate more time to BF1.

Got a couple more days to decide anyhow.

As a single player only guy, without ps plus, can I still enjoy Starwars battlefront ultimate edition? Is it enough single player content? Like horde mode, bot matches etc? No Campaign right?

If you love Star Wars you will definitely get some 10 or so hours enjoyment out of the single player modes. Maybe more but it will feel a little "hollow" after a while.

Imo the meat of the game and more fun you could have is online, especially since you have the season pass, the new stuff added has been pretty good.

OléGunner;225419603 said:
You think TF2 will be on sale again during Christmas?
I'm tempted to pull the trigger at £35 but it's a wee bit less on Amazon currently (but would prefer a digital version).

Sorry, I was referencing retail sales. I definitely think Titanfall 2, Mafia 3 and Watch Dogs 2 will all be sub-£20 in a couple of months. No idea if/when they'll show up in sale on PSN again though.

Kensuke

So about Muramasa. I already own the basic version. The version on sale includes the four dlc packs for 8 euro, which is cheaper than buying the DLC packs together (11.25). What I want to know is if my old save will be compatible with the complete edition. Sometimes complete editions are registered as separate games with their own trophies and everything (like Witcher 3).

So about Muramasa. I already own the basic version. The version on sale includes the four dlc packs for 8 euro, which is cheaper than buying the DLC packs together (11.25). What I want to know is if my old save will be compatible with the complete edition. Sometimes complete editions are registered as separate games with their own trophies and everything (like Witcher 3).
I bought it and it just is the standard game + the 4 dlc downloads in your dl list. No separate complete edition

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
It's such a sad state to enter a sale and own everything that's even remotly interesting. I have a problem. :(

Anung

Un Rama
Really tempted to grab Hitman at that price. I'm more of a disc guy but that's damn cheap. Does anyone know if the game will be getting a platinum?

xrnzaaas

Really tempted to grab Hitman at that price. I'm more of a disc guy but that's damn cheap. Does anyone know if the game will be getting a platinum?

Probably not happening. The good news is you can get more points from the first season than from a standard platinum game.

Arion

You should definitely get the digital version. The boxed version is most likely going to launch at £40-45 and won't see a price drop to £25 for at least 4-5 months. By then season two should start and you will miss out on a whole bunch of live content like Elusive targets which is where the game really shines IMO.

TimFL

Yeah, I don't think we've ever had a flash sale on the EU store?

I'm new to PS Store sales so I didn't know (only got into it due to selling my launch PS4 and getting a Pro).

Debating on whether I should buy Batman Arkham Knight... already own it on PC (including season pass) though.

JerkShep

Tempted by XCOM2 and Hitman.

How bad is XCOM 2 on consoles? I read about awful load times towards the end of the game but what about the rest? Is it a competent port?

Hitman was praised a lot but I never played the other games and after Mankind Divided and Dishonored 2 I'm afraid I'm going to be burnt out by another stealth game

Audioboxer

Nah it won't. Devs decided for whatever reason not to add one from the start. Watch them do it for season 2 lol.

There is a chance the physical copy might have a platinum though, if it means that much to you.

I'm kinda bummed out, I bought a PS4 Pro today and got 3 months of PS+ for free. Was planning on using it to buy Ratchet & Clank and Gravity Rush, which were pretty cheap... until yesterday. Now the discounts on them are gone.

E: On the other hand I did get a 750Gb SSD for 130€ to put in said PS4 Pro, so Black Friday's still a win in my book :)

I'm kinda bummed out, I bought a PS4 Pro today and got 3 months of PS+ for free. Was planning on using it to buy Ratchet & Clank and Gravity Rush, which were pretty cheap... until yesterday. Now the discounts on them are gone.

Don't worry too much. I'd wager they'll both get a price drop in the New Year sales too.

For Hitman, if I buy the intro episode first, and the upgrade pack after, do I still get that extra bonus content "The Sarajevo Six"? If not, is that content actually worth it?

Yay finally bought a PS4 now on black friday for 230 Euro..chepeast I could find in Sweden..

Picking up the following 3 games to start with on PSN

Need for speed
MTGSV Definitive edition
Killzone shadow fall

As a single player only guy, without ps plus, can I still enjoy Starwars battlefront ultimate edition? Is it enough single player content? Like horde mode, bot matches etc? No Campaign right?

PS4 has been out for 3 years now and those are the games you start with? Scrap NFS and Killzone.

GazzaGSi

Yay finally bought a PS4 now on black friday for 230 Euro..chepeast I could find in Sweden..

Picking up the following 3 games to start with on PSN

Need for speed
MTGSV Definitive edition
Killzone shadow fall

Nice, 3 decent games to get you started and there's plenty more in the catalogue to catch up on!

As for Battlefront, I can't recommend it for single player only however there is some 'missions' to run and earn stars with enemy wave based rounds. I haven't played it in a while so something new maybe added but unsure about a bot mode. I suppose for how cheap it is now it's worth a look but no there's no campaign like a single player story to follow with chapters etc.

Anung

Un Rama
You should definitely get the digital version. The boxed version is most likely going to launch at £40-45 and won't see a price drop to £25 for at least 4-5 months. By then season two should start and you will miss out on a whole bunch of live content like Elusive targets which is where the game really shines IMO.

I ended up pulling the trigger (lol) because I couldn't be bothered waiting till January and I doubt the price will drop anytime soon.

All I'm after now is Aragami and Kholat cheap and I'll be happy.

Homefront at that price is awfully tempting, mind.

UK PS3 store (I know..) has a giant Black Friday up to 60% off sign but when I click it just says 'this content cannot be selected at this time' wtf? Has been like that for hours at least.

PS4 has been out for 3 years now and those are the games you start with? Scrap NFS and Killzone.

Well to "defend" this :) I am very well aware of the ps4 library, but:

*Need for speed was my "Most wanted" game, just pure fun. 15 euro

*Im a Huge killzone fan, I know this campaign is not rated high, but again the IP combined with those Graphics at a bargain cost of 8 euro

*MtgsV definitive edition,15 euro, my favorit franchise. I know the story might be meh but the gameplay is pure awesomeness, and the ost.

Very happy to start of with these. Of Course Bloodborne goty, witcher 3 goty, gtaV, tf2 Will have to be purchased once these go below 20 euro :p

I got NFS most wanted for 4£ on ps3.

Bargain at that price and I was blown away with the throaty roar of EVERY engine in every car in the game. Sublime stuff. Apart from that I might get the ratchet trilogy, any impressions.ofhiw well they hold up, I think bluepoint did the remasters??

Bishop89

I got NFS most wanted for 4£ on ps3.

Bargain at that price and I was blown away with the throaty roar of EVERY engine in every car in the game. Sublime stuff. Apart from that I might get the ratchet trilogy, any impressions.ofhiw well they hold up, I think bluepoint did the remasters??

Very solid port.

Great Adventure/platformer/shooter games.

I've bought Tearaway Unfolded and Muramasa Rebirth Complete. Also got Mad Max, Shadow of Mordor GotY and Darksiders 2 from US PSN (which had much better deals). Still in two minds whether to get Godzilla, mainly because my son likes the character and we often play fight as Godzilla & King Ghidorah so I think he'd like the game.

Kazooie

Banned
Sold some physical games for £150 and spent the £150 on PSN credit. Going mostly digital from this point on. Grabbed GTA V with 3.5m, Uncharted 4, Infamous and Battlefront Ultimate Edition. All games I owned physically but no more disc swapping! Grabbed Skyrim, Ark and ReCore on Xbox as well. Good sales this year.

DagsJT

Sold some physical games for £150 and spent the £150 on PSN credit. Going mostly digital from this point on. Grabbed GTA V with 3.5m, Uncharted 4, Infamous and Battlefront Ultimate Edition. All games I owned physically but no more disc swapping! Grabbed Skyrim, Ark and ReCore on Xbox as well. Good sales this year.

I'm mostly digital but I don't play multiplayer games much so it puts me off buying the likes of Uncharted 4 digitally when it's the same cost used on disc and I can sell it on when I finish the story.

Bishop89

I've bought Tearaway Unfolded and Muramasa Rebirth Complete. Also got Mad Max, Shadow of Mordor GotY and Darksiders 2 from US PSN (which had much better deals). Still in two minds whether to get Godzilla, mainly because my son likes the character and we often play fight as Godzilla & King Ghidorah so I think he'd like the game.

i really wanted godzilla, but i ended up seeing gameplay vids and.... it looks really bad unfortunately.

"Digital Flash" sale just went up

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/11/28/playstation-stores-digital-flash-discounts-start-today

Inside is 55% off
ABZU is 50% off
I am Setusna is 32% off
The Witness is 50% off

my wallet D:

full list

A Boy and His Blob
Absolute Drift: Zen Edition
ABZÛ
ADR1FT
Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space
ARCADE GAME SERIES 3-in-1 Pack
ARCADE GAME SERIES: DIG DUG
ARCADE GAME SERIES: GALAGA
ARCADE GAME SERIES: Ms. PAC-MAN
ARCADE GAME SERIES: PAC-MAN
Asemblance
Assault Android Cactus
Battle Worlds: Kronos
Bears Can’t Drift!?
Blues and Bullets – ep. 1 & 2 Bundle
Blues and Bullets – Episode 1
Blues and Bullets – Episode 2
Bound™
Cast of the Seven Godsends – Redux
Catlateral Damage
Coffin Dodgers
CounterSpy™
Crazy Strike Bowling EX
Croixleur Sigma
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Entwined™
Fat Princess™ Adventures
Fat Princess™ Adventures Mega Loot Bundle
Flower™
flOw™
Gemini: Heroes Reborn
Gone Home
Grim Fandango Remastered
Grow Home
Grow Up
Hard Reset Redux
Hardware: Rivals
Headlander
HELLDIVERS™: Super-Earth Ultimate Edition
Hitman GO: Definitive Edition
HoPiKo
How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition
I am Bread
I am Setsuna
INSIDE
Inside My Radio
Jetpack Joyride
Joe Dever’s Lone Wolf Console Edition
Knot
Lichtspeer
Livelock
LUMO
Machinarium
Mantis Burn Racing
Manual Samuel
Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
N.E.R.O.: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
Never Alone Arctic Collection
Never Alone: Foxtales
Nidhogg
Obliteracers
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty (PS4™)
OlliOlli: Epic Combo Edition
Orc Slayer
PAC-MAN 256
PAC-MAN™ CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2
Pang Adventures
Party Hard
Peggle 2
Pixel Piracy
Primal Carnage: Extinction
Pure Hold’em World Poker Championship
Push Me Pull You
Race the Sun
Rainbow Moon
Randal’s Monday
RESOGUN™
Retro City Rampage™ DX
Reus
REUS – Deluxe Edition
Risk of Rain
Rocketbirds 2: Evolution
Screencheat
Shadow of the Beast™
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse
Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut
Sheltered
Sky Force Anniversary
Slain: Back from Hell
SOMA
Song of the Deep
Sound Shapes™ Ultimate Bundle
Spy Chameleon
SteamWorld Heist
Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure
STRIDER
Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut
Strike Vector EX
Surgeon Simulator A&E + I Am Bread
Surgeon Simulator: Anniversary Edition
Sword Coast Legends™
TABLE TOP RACING: WORLD TOUR – SUPERCHARGER PACK
TABLE TOP RACING: WORLD TOUR – TROPICAL ICE PACK
Tetris® Ultimate
Tharsis
The Final Station
The Tomorrow Children Frontier Pack
The Unfinished Swan™
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
The Witness
TowerFall Ascension
Trials Fusion
TRIALS OF THE BLOOD DRAGON + OST
Unepic
Unravel
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Wander

oggob

That list is far more damaging to me than the original Black Friday sale.

I know Slain for PS Vita has only been recently put up, but I thought it was meant to be crossbuy...

Also seems like only PS4 games are on sale in this update, that is slightly disappointing...

I know Slain for PS Vita has only been recently put up, but I thought it was meant to be crossbuy... seems like only PS4 games are on sale in this update, that is slightly disappointing...

I just checked up on that. It's supposed to be cross buy but the listing on the store is wrong. You're supposed to get the Vita version as well when it's fixed. No guarantee but that's what the dev on twitter says

oggob

I'll end up taking the bite anyway... AU$9 is a great price, plus I'll end up picking up the physical version I'm sure of it when it releases next year.

Gemini Heroes Reborn is worth €5. It is not fantastic, has some dumb AI, and probably could have done with more development time, but it has great ideas. Fantastic ideas. It is made by the people who worked on both Psi-Ops and Stranglehold in a previous life.

It is much better than a game connected to that shitshow should be.

If you dont trust me on that, here are four other good really cheap games from the list...

Assault Android Cactus (€7) - Best twin stick shooter in years
Assemblance (€5) - Play this without reading a word about it!
Lichtspear (€4) - Simple idea done very well with great presentation
Tharis (€5) - This is a game that hates you, and you will love it cause it hates you

Shin-Ra

I command thee to buy Resogun, INSIDE, Machinarium, Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty, Unravel and Bound!

I'm about to try The Witness.

Bishop89

Shit shit shit..

That list is more ruthless than the other!

I think I may grab the witness.

Soma I already have.

Is hard reset any good?

I'll create new thread.

Ah come on, I'd stopped. I'D STOPPED!!!!

My sentiment exactly. I've already bought 5 games from the Black Friday sales! I'm now adding:

Slain
Steamworld Heist
Lichtspeer
Assemblance (£18.76 total)

Also considering:

Assault Android Cactus
Rocketbirds 2: Evolution

I'm interested in The Witness but I'm not getting it right now.

I wasn't prepared for this. Better than the bloody normal BF sale!

The Black Friday sale should last until midnight tonight right ? I'm still debating picking up Odin Sphere.

If you are talking about the PS4 version, it seems like a game that is now getting reduced during every main PSN sale - and is getting a bit cheaper each time. If you want to wait, it will probably go sub-€20 during the Christmas sales at this rate.

black070

If you are talking about the PS4 version, it seems like a game that is now getting reduced during every main PSN sale - and is getting a bit cheaper each time. If you want to wait, it will probably go sub-€20 during the Christmas sales at this rate.

I am indeed, and hmm - I was under the impression it rarely goes on sale, but if that's the case I'll wait, thank you :)

I haven't touched a single game I've picked up on sale in the past 2 months.. and I've picked up quite a few, it's a sickness !

I might still pick up Guilty Gear Xrd if it's on sale when I get back from work :p

Planet

That part of the sale is much more of my liking. :D

Bound
Mantis Burn Racing
Inside

Are definitely added to my pile, possibly Abzû, maybe more.

Top Bottom