• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU PSN] Double Discount sale June 2017

xrnzaaas

That's annoying. My wife and I played through this week in two sittings (it's pretty short) and I only experienced stuttering and LOD pop-in, but I just suspended it so never had to try and load a save.

I thought it was great, but like most thrillers I was disappointed by the ending. Still worth the sale price for the art style and banter alone.

I've finished the game twice, both times in multiple sittings and I didn't get any corrupted saves. He was probably really unlucky.

Mario007

Maybe because PS+ was launched years into the PS3 life cycle and therefore had a much bigger library?

Lol
This is a bullcrap reason, ps4 is already on the market long enough for ps3 to have Instant Game Collection. Remember that? 10 AAA games to download.

WITHE1982

Just bought Return To Arkham bundle with the last few quid I had in my PSN account (£11).

I've played through Arkham Asylum once on PS3 at launch but didn't get round to playing the sequel. How are they on PS4? I've watched a couple of comparison vids but they only show graphical upgrades and not performance/framerate.

This is a bullcrap reason, ps4 is already on the market long enough for ps3 to have Instant Game Collection. Remember that? 10 AAA games to download.

It's not really a bullcrap reason, there is truth in what he says. There are other reasons (such as sony having to be pro-active due market share and the mass hack), but be patient your AAA games will eventually arrive.

There are reasons why developers just don't want to dump their games on an instant game collection. Sales are regular and bring in money, but also these developers are making less games than before. The game market as contracted in those terms quite considerably.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Can anyone tell me how the Metro games are? I started the first one years ago on PC and never finished it, but I like the look of that new one coming out.

Is the performance decent? I'd be playing on a PS4 Pro with boost mode as I assume they didn't get Pro patches

Just bought Return To Arkham bundle with the last few quid I had in my PSN account (£11).

I've played through Arkham Asylum once on PS3 at launch but didn't get round to playing the sequel. How are they on PS4? I've watched a couple of comparison vids but they only show graphical upgrades and not performance/framerate.

Arkham Asylum was a bit ropey at launch but I'm fairly certain it has been fixed. Arkham City initially ran unlocked with a higher framerate on the pro, but they again patched that out with official pro support.

I'm not sure how they are now but I'd imagine they are mostly fine.

Can anyone tell me how the Metro games are? I started the first one years ago on PC and never finished it, but I like the look of that new one coming out.

Is the performance decent? I'd be playing on a PS4 Pro with boost mode as I assume they didn't get Pro patches

They're not lookers on the whole but both run at 60fps consistently, so I'm not sure Boost Mode would make much difference? Loading times are mid-length. I'd say loading screens tend to last between 20-40 seconds generally.

Did you want to know about the gameplay or are you only enquiring as to the technical performance? I'm coming to the end of Last Light myself. A good game, although it relies too much on the 'Call for the elevator while fending off waves of enemies' trope, and the pacing is a bit saggy in the second half. The game also wants me to care about the story, and I could not give a shit.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
They're not lookers on the whole but both run at 60fps consistently, so I'm not sure Boost Mode would make much difference? Loading times are mid-length. I'd say loading screens tend to last between 20-40 seconds generally.

Did you want to know about the gameplay or are you only enquiring as to the technical performance? I'm coming to the end of Last Light myself. A good game, although it relies too much on the 'Call for the elevator while fending off waves of enemies' trope, and the pacing is a bit saggy in the second half. The game also wants me to care about the story, and I could not give a shit.

Actually I was asking about both, so thanks for the info. They are so cheap that it probably does me no harm to get em anyway.

Ludens

Banned
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits and Bully worth it for a first timer ?

Bully is a great game, while I got bored with Arc back in days on Ps2. Still, I bought it again and gave it a try, thinking it was jrpg fatigue the one I was suffering for. But the battle system is just too slow. The game is not bad, but not even good.

WITHE1982

Arkham Asylum was a bit ropey at launch but I'm fairly certain it has been fixed. Arkham City initially ran unlocked with a higher framerate on the pro, but they again patched that out with official pro support.

I'm not sure how they are now but I'd imagine they are mostly fine.

Cool, thanks

I actually just finished Metro 2033/Last Light in the ps4 redux for the first time and I thought they were great. Like somebody said, they aren't lookers, but they run pretty consistently at 60fps. The games are pretty atmospheric, too. Some annoying parts but its a pretty unique FPS mechanics wise and now I'm looking forward to the next one.

black070

Bully is a great game, while I got bored with Arc back in days on Ps2. Still, I bought it again and gave it a try, thinking it was jrpg fatigue the one I was suffering for. But the battle system is just too slow. The game is not bad, but not even good.

Thank you !

If you are thinking of buying a PS Plus sub to take advantage of discounts on this sale, wait until 3rd of July. PS Plus 12 months is going on offer with 3 extra months free if you buy it between 3rd of July and 10th of July. Only open to people who aren't currently subscribed to PS Plus.

Was looking yesterday at picking up Darkest Dungeon fo the Vita, it was on sale going for £14.39 on the store.
Got some credit onto my Sony account this morning and just checked PSN and it how shows at £17.99.

When I check on Psprices site it thinks it should be £14.39.

Can anyone else check for me on the EU (UK) PSN site and double check that I'm not going mad, I still have a active PS+ account and I am logged into PSN to search for the game.
Seems weird thought this latest offer was until the beginning of July.
Shame if I have missed out on the discount.

panda-zebra

Was looking yesterday at picking up Darkest Dungeon fo the Vita, it was on sale going for £14.39 on the store.
Got some credit onto my Sony account this morning and just checked PSN and it how shows at £17.99.

When I check on Psprices site it thinks it should be £14.39.

Can anyone else check for me on the EU (UK) PSN site and double check that I'm not going mad, I still have a active PS+ account and I am logged into PSN to search for the game.
Seems weird thought this latest offer was until the beginning of July.
Shame if I have missed out on the discount.

Showing £17.99 on my ps4.

You were looking at the preorder page. On PSN those are listed separately from the real release. On the PS store this isn't really an issue, but PSPrices hasn't deletes the listing.

Ah I see, the PSN store definitely showed the lower price yesterday, I was just checking the PSPrice site today to clarify the price :)
But cheers :)

Actually I was asking about both, so thanks for the info. They are so cheap that it probably does me no harm to get em anyway.

No worries, did you buy them yet? They're probably the closest games to Half-Life we've got nowadays, and the gameplay goes from pretty tense slow paced almost survival horror-esque to some intense action sequences. There's a good amount of gameplay depth as you can upgrade weapons, stealth is extremely useful and you have to manage things like light and the air supply on your gas mask. They're linear but the level design works really well as you spend most of your time in subway tunnels. I think I paid about £8 for the pair of them digitally and I know they've been as low as £6.30. Not sure what the price is now, but they are absolutely worth that kind of money.

Top Bottom