• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU PSN] Double Discount sale June 2017

alt27

Picked up hitman at that price. I remember I wasnt really blown away by the beta but I downloaded the free version again and seemed to have more fun so got the season pass.

VegiHam

Check your email for receipts
None there! I think I'm safe!
I have played all the games and honestly you dont need to play 1 and 2. You can jump in at 3 and be fine. However I felt a much better connection to the characters and story after I started reading the books. At the very least 'The last wish' (which is a series of short stories and not the main line series) gives you enough insight into the main characters and world that it all makes a lot more sense.

For example there are 2 females (following is not really spoilery but just in case)
I noticed people who played just the games and didn't read the books liked one of the women while people who read the books felt the other women made way more sense

stuff like that. And the books help understand the politics of the world a lot better.

But you can certainly play and enjoy the game entirely on its own.

The DLC is also amazing. Hearts of stone takes place mostly in the main game world and is a pretty decent side story. Blood and Wine could be sold as a stand alone game and be worth every penny. Its an entirely new area with a story I feel is better than the main game. Prob spent about 20-25 hours doing that expansion. Did 107 hours all in on the game.

Hmmm, this seems like a pretty comprehensive explanation. Thank you very much! I'm looking forward o playing it when it finishes downloading.

Minamu

Finally bought Firewatch, did they fix the performance stuff?

If I buy the Return to Arkham pack, does that include ALL previous dlcs as well? I already have the platinum in the entire franchise so dlc is my main draw, if at all.
Does anyone know? Is it worth it? Did they ever fix any of the strange new graphics on the characters etc?

I think I've probably played them all. A couple of years ago it would all have been about the MP but nowadays I just like playing through the campaigns on a medium setting. Jesus, when I think of the torture I used to put myself through inching through CoD on Veteran...

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro: Last Light
COD: Advanced Warfare
COD: Infinite Warfare
Dishonored 2
Doom
Titanfall 2
Destiny: The Taken King
Far Cry 4
Bulletstorm Full Clip
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

(Also maybe Homefront 2 - there is a free trial, and Hard Reset Redux, which I haven't played)

If you've played all these then I'd say maybe give BF4 a crack for the campaign. The Metro games are on sale as well, and IMO they're much more worthy of your time if you haven't played them.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Just picked up bully, been wanting to play this for years, can't wait to get started

Tempted to pick up the GTA trilogy too, but just completed GTA V so I'm afraid I'll burn myself out

benzopil

Pretty sure it's been in sales all over the place. In fact, PS Prices records price drops and the GotY Edition was £12 last month. I'm sure if you can wait it'll get a big price drop again.

Yeah I missed it because didn't care, but am really hyped after seeing Shadow of War. Want to play the first game now, hopefully they'll set this cheap price once more.

EmiPrime

Does anyone know? Is it worth it? Did they ever fix any of the strange new graphics on the characters etc?

Looking at the back of my physical copy:

Batman Arkham Asylum = GOTY edition plus all extra challenge maps

Batman Arkham City = GOTY edition plus all DLC packs including Harley Quinn's revenge

Graphics are fine. If you're looking to upgrade from your last gen copies or play for the first time even then go for it.

Is Far Cry 4 worth picking up? I've never played any of them, but I'm pretty intrigued by the marketing for 5.

I can't stand Assassin's Creed and Ubisoft's open world stuff in general, though. So if it's anything like that I probably won't care for it.

Is Far Cry 4 worth picking up? I've never played any of them, but I'm pretty intrigued by the marketing for 5.

I hate Assassin's Creed and Ubisoft stuff in general, though.

FC4 is an amazing game, but only if you like the Ubisoft open world games with towers and outposts etc.
I liked it a lot, but it's a safe iteration of FC3.

Just picked up bully, been wanting to play this for years, can't wait to get started

Tempted to pick up the GTA trilogy too, but just completed GTA V so I'm afraid I'll burn myself out

Picked up almost all the Rockstar PS2 games (and I have them already on Steam, but almost all of them are bad ports).
They're just great games, even in 10 years the GTA trilogy will still be good. 14 euro isn't that much for 3 great games.

Minamu

Looking at the back of my physical copy:

Batman Arkham Asylum = GOTY edition plus all extra challenge maps

Batman Arkham City = GOTY edition plus all DLC packs including Harley Quinn's revenge

Graphics are fine. If you're looking to upgrade from your last gen copies or play for the first time even then go for it.
Thanks, I'm gonna have to double check what prior dlcs I already have :lol I'm not really looking for anything but it's cheap and it's nice to have everything in one place.

Mascot

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro: Last Light
COD: Advanced Warfare
COD: Infinite Warfare
Dishonored 2
Doom
Titanfall 2
Destiny: The Taken King
Far Cry 4
Bulletstorm Full Clip
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

(Also maybe Homefront 2 - there is a free trial, and Hard Reset Redux, which I haven't played)

If you've played all these then I'd say maybe give BF4 a crack for the campaign. The Metro games are on sale as well, and IMO they're much more worthy of your time if you haven't played them.
All except Destiny and Deus Ex. :p

oni-link

I picked up Sonic CD and the first 30mins or so were a lot of fun, great looking port so far

Really hope they give the Vita some love with a sale in the near future, ever since I've got mine they seemed to have neglected it, I want to see more Vita/PSP/PS1 classics go on sale

Minamu

Firewatch was incredibly short, but pretty awesome. I beat it in one sitting yesterday, got all but 2-3 trophies. I'm happy i bought it, the price was perfect. Not much gameplay, and I assuemd collecting pine cones for trophies would be a thing, but luckily it wasn't :D Pretty interesting story for the most part, and great dialog.

danowat

Banned
FWIW, if you are interested in Dishonoured 2, and are in the UK, the supermarkets are doing it for £9.99 at the moment.

GenericUser

I can't stand Assassin's Creed and Ubisoft's open world stuff in general, though. So if it's anything like that I probably won't care for it.

Bought it and like it a lot. Basically far cry 3 in different setting, story with improved gameplay and more weapons/options to kill dudes.

I really liked fc3 though. It also helps that it performs super well on the og ps4 and still looks gorgeous.

Edit: didn't see the "I don't like Ubi games" part. Stay away from fc4 then.

Certinty

Does Hitman come with the bonus episodes? If not might just buy each episode separately just incase I get bored and don't want to continue.

Might also get TellTale's Guardians of the Galaxy. I thought the demo was alright but has anyone played the first 2 episodes? Any good?

Raitaro

I picked up Sonic CD and the first 30mins or so were a lot of fun, great looking port so far

Really hope they give the Vita some love with a sale in the near future, ever since I've got mine they seemed to have neglected it, I want to see more Vita/PSP/PS1 classics go on sale

It is a great port, which makes it quite a bummer that (A) it is not available on PS4 and (B) that Taxman's equally great ports of Sonic 1 and 2 are not available on any console at all (but only mobile and tablets). We're also still waiting for a similar port of S3&K but that of course won't come before he finishes working on (the fabulous looking) Sonic Mania, if ever at that if music licenses have indeed been a reason for it not being re-released so far.

well i got fire watch. Nothing else for me I dont think. but couldnt resist just over £5 for Fire Watch. Nice short 2 session game for me where I can just enjoy the story.

xrnzaaas

Does Hitman come with the bonus episodes? If not might just buy each episode separately just incase I get bored and don't want to continue.

Yes you get the three bonus episodes (+a small extra Holidays episode) as a part of season 1 package.

FDC1

Apparently no, aside of The Division which is game of the week (€17.99 for the standard edition, €34.99 for the Gold edition)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Firewatch is a great little game. I might pick it up even though I already played through it on PC. Depends if this month's PS+ games are decent enough to get me to subscribe.

Meted

Firewatch is a great little game. I might pick it up even though I already played through it on PC. Depends if this month's PS+ games are decent enough to get me to subscribe.

PS4 version has many issues even with the patches, my save file is unloadable for one

Crumpo

PS4 version has many issues even with the patches, my save file is unloadable for one

That's annoying. My wife and I played through this week in two sittings (it's pretty short) and I only experienced stuttering and LOD pop-in, but I just suspended it so never had to try and load a save.

I thought it was great, but like most thrillers I was disappointed by the ending. Still worth the sale price for the art style and banter alone.

Got the PS2 GTA trilogy, Bully, Firewatch and Shadow Complex remastered for just over 27 quid so pretty pleased with that haul!

NewDust

How are the controls for Bully? I'd tried playing GTA III a while ago, but couldn't enjoy it due to the archaic controls.

How are the controls for Bully? I'd tried playing GTA III a while ago, but couldn't enjoy it due to the archaic controls.

Haven't tried it yet but started a new game of GTA III and felt that if you accept the controls for what they are then you can still have a good time. Banging soundtrack too!

panda-zebra

Was hoping for something matching the current mid year NA sale. Considering a US PS+ subscription and buying on US store exclusively going forwards, only got 3 months left of UK sub and the better general pricing and seemingly way better sale prices got me green-eyed.

Was hoping for something matching the current mid year NA sale. Considering a US PS+ subscription and buying on US store exclusively going forwards, only got 3 months left of UK sub and the better general pricing and seemingly way better sale prices got me green-eyed.

Are you also going to play games on the US account? Playing a US region game on a UK account stops you from buying microtransactions in games (most DLC is fine) which can be a problem in some games.

I hope they match that USA sale that is going on now. I want R&C and Gow3 cheap!

R&C has been as low as £10 here before, and GoWIII as low as £6.50, if I'm not mistaken.

It's still a genuinely great game, but the controls feel pretty archaic (like tapping the button to run, pedal or push your skateboard) and technically it's horrible, with low frame rates pretty much throughout. If you can get through these issues it's worth playing though. I did so last year.

Top Bottom