• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU PSN] Double Discount sale June 2017

WITHE1982

Whoop! I knew I did the right thing in waiting to buy Syberia 3. Sad that it's discounted so early but I kinda knew it would happen #partoftheproblem

Oh and everyone buy The fall at that price.

Ok guys! Tell me what to get. Recommend me some shtuff - willing to try anything.

Interested in the battlefield bundle if it's any good. Already have Witcher 3 :)

The Fall (€3) is great value for money. Tells a fantastic well contained story, and set up things well for more (coming later this year in Part 2)
Steamwold Dig (€3) is fantastic too. You will lose hours to it.

The Fall (€3) is great value for money. Tells a fantastic well contained story, and set up things well for more (coming later this year in Part 2)
Steamwold Dig (€3) is fantastic too. You will lose hours to it.

Despite what you may have heard, Keyser can be trusted. Solid suggestions there.

Return to Arkham seems like a decent deal, does anyone know if it suffers any performance issues?

I have not been keeping up to date with this one, but if the game is still on Patch 1.02 then Digital Foundry has you covered. It is good and bad news...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...return-to-arkham-patch-good-news-and-bad-news

I have Googled as much as I can this early in the morning, and cannot find news of a patch past 1.02, as far as i can tell the above article/video is up to date.

Just_one

lets see if i can survive this one...usually on these double PS+ discounts i buy a game but my wishlist is very small at the moment..

Lego Star Wars Force Awakens
Ratchet & Clank
Assassins Creed Ezio Collection
Walking Dead Season 3 Season Pass

and thats about it i think....

VegiHam

lets see if i can survive this one...usually on these double PS+ discounts i buy a game but my wishlist is very small at the moment..

Lego Star Wars Force Awakens
Ratchet & Clank
Assassins Creed Ezio Collection
Walking Dead Season 3 Season Pass

and thats about it i think....

Ezio is deal of the week right now for like £16 or something mate

Osahi

Ok guys! Tell me what to get. Recommend me some shtuff - willing to try anything.

Interested in the battlefield bundle if it's any good. Already have Witcher 3 :)

For 4 euros, Stories: The Path of Destinies is a steal. Really fun game with some interesting storytelling techniques.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Digital deals are pointless if you can't fucking download them at anything other than dial up speed!!!!! Still sitting here waiting for the latest battlefield patch to download which, after 45 mins, has done 145MB!!!!! When are they going to sort this shit out?

Paganmoon

How is the last Tomb Raider?, It's at 9€

Return to Arkham seems like a decent deal, does anyone know if it suffers any performance issues?

I have not been keeping up to date with this one, but if the game is still on Patch 1.02 then Digital Foundry has you covered. It is good and bad news...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...return-to-arkham-patch-good-news-and-bad-news

I have Googled as much as I can this early in the morning, and cannot find news of a patch past 1.02, as far as i can tell the above article/video is up to date.

Been playing Arkham Asylum the last week or so, the game is still on 1.02, and I haven't really noticed any performance issues. They game is not really a looker though, and facial animations are pretty meh, but high fun factor.

danowat

Banned
Mantis Burn Racing for 6-odd Euros looks good.
Native 4k/60 on PS Pro with a real old-skool Skidmarks vibe.

DF analysis

It doesn't handle like Skidmarks though, so you'll be disappointing if you expect that, the handling could do with a lot more weight and momentum, feels very floaty and light.

Looks nice though.

OléGunner;241411098 said:
Damn, still no Nier Automata sale.

It was on sale a couple of weeks ago?

pbayne

hmm not the sale i was hoping for. Ps3 still getting them sales. almost tempted to hook it back up and pick up some stuff.

I need a discount on Night in the Woods, STAT!

Yeah, I'd forgotten about this! I'm also waiting on a discount for Ittle Dew 2. It's been out since November I think and it's not had a price drop even once.

What do you mean by that?

You can typically save about 8% by buying codes from CDKeys (plus more with a Facebook extra 5% discount), and a lot of people don't trust putting their payment details into PSN. I've started buying credit from them recently, as I spend a lot on PSN and the savings add up over the years.

Yeah, I'd forgotten about this! I'm also waiting on a discount for Ittle Dew 2. It's been out since November I think and it's not had a price drop even once.

You can typically save about 8% by buying codes from CDKeys (plus more with a Facebook extra 5% discount), and a lot of people don't trust putting their payment details into PSN. I've started buying credit from them recently, as I spend a lot on PSN and the savings add up over the years.

The PSN code is country locked though right? I see no code for mine (Finland).

danowat

Banned

Is being worried about putting your details into a system like PSN, and not being worried about putting your details into a site that may or may not obtain their codes through nefarious means not a bit of an oxymoron?

LOL

Is being worried about putting your details into a system like PSN, and not being worried about putting your details into a site that may or may not obtain their codes through nefarious means not a bit of an oxymoron?

LOL

Yeah; that's fair enough. I'm not worried about my PSN account being compromised - when I buy from CDKeys it's for the discount.

EDIT - I also use PayPal, so I guess that's about as safe as I can make it.

The PSN code is country locked though right? I see no code for mine (Finland).

Yes, they are country locked.

For Finland, you can get PSN credit at a discount twice a year on Prisma (S-card required) when they do "Owner's Day" (omistajapäivät) sales. That's how I got €100 of PSN credit for €80. You'll have to be actively looking for these sales.

Yes, they are country locked.

For Finland, you can get PSN credit at a discount twice a year on Prisma (S-card required) when they do "Owner's Day" (omistajapäivät) sales. That's how I got €100 of PSN credit for €80. You'll have to be actively looking for these sales.

Ooh, thanks for the info.

Avalanche

Do I need to play Dishonored 1 before 2?

I know Yooka Laylee got mixed reviews, but would I enjoy it if I'm a lapsed Banjo fan?

How are Mafia 3 and Sleeping Dogs?

Mr Moose

Hitman for £17.99 is tempting, but I ordered it on Amazon (I prefer discs) the other day for £20. They won't be shipping it for a couple of weeks though... Hmmm what to do?

Is Far Cry Primal Apex any good?

Mascot

It doesn't handle like Skidmarks though, so you'll be disappointing if you expect that, the handling could do with a lot more weight and momentum, feels very floaty and light.

Looks nice though.

Ugh, I don't like the sound of that. Maybe I'll pass. I only was interested based on a previous recommendation of yours.

Is the Battlefield 4 campaign worth a play-through for £4?

Ugh, I don't like the sound of that. Maybe I'll pass. I only was interested based on a previous recommendation of yours.

Is the Battlefield 4 campaign worth a play-through for £4?

It's worthwhile for that money, but in terms of time spent there are dozens of other FPS which you should play first. It's an adequate campaign. Very pretty, quite a bit of spectacle, but it did very little for me. Lots of waiting for AI allies to open doors. Some frustrating tank sections. Truly awful dialogue & characters.

xrnzaaas

Do I need to play Dishonored 1 before 2?

That depends, if you want to enjoy the story and the world then you definitely should. It's a Bethesda game so you can get it really really cheap. If you're into this only to enjoy stealth gameplay and/or some crazy superpowers then you don't have to know the original.

Top Bottom