• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN HUGE SALE - 200+ items including RE, SW, Ubi, Sony and much MORE

I've never played a "Tales of" game before. I want to buy one since they're really cheap right now, but I have no idea which one. Symphonia, Xillia or Graces F?

Symphonia is probably best to start. The best plot of the three, plus it's the older game, so you can forgive the occasional jankiness as a part of age rather than because it's just janky. Don't bother with the sequel though.

Graces has the best combat of the lot, once it clicks it's so good. But on the other hand the plot and characters are really rather incredibly quite very very bad. Power of friendship quantified to maximum.

Xillia...it's just the middle ground. It's not bad, but it's also really nothing special. Same with its sequel. Areas are reused a lot, fighting is like Symphonia but with a little bit more, and the plot is just okay, I guess. If you end up playing Symphonia and Graces and liking them then it's definitely worth a shot, but I can't recommend it before any other game in the series I've played. Although I still need to play Zestiria, so that could change.

Deepo

Can anyone tell me what Back to the Future is like on PS4, performance wise? Regular janky Telltale frame rate, or is the PS4 brute forcing it? Thanks!

Bishop89

Fortunately my GR:R case is still wrapped.

Going to return it tomorrow and purchase it via this sale for half the price :)

jhmostyn

Neo Member
Any recommendations on Devil May Cry 4 vs. DmC (PS4)?

I played through the original a million times but fell out of love with the series with the second

Saoshyant

Does the PS4 store save your PayPal password?

No, it simply allows you to use Paypal as an option. Paypal receives a notification any time Sony wants to take money and allows it (passwordless, even) because they are marked as trustworthy entity.

You can remove the Paypal option after you make a payment and readd it at some other point in the future without issues if you are irky about that stuff (like I am).

brawly

No, it simply allows you to use Paypal as an option. Paypal receives a notification any time Sony wants to take money and allows it (passwordless, even) because they are marked as trustworthy entity.

You can remove the Paypal option after you make a payment and readd it at some other point in the future without issues if you are irky about that stuff (like I am).

Yeah I did the same thing. Not buying often anyway.

Wanted to play a 2D platformer so I grabbed Shantae's Risky's Revenge and so far I'm glad I did.

Nice music, great pixel-art and animation, cute and funny writing. Good map/dungeon design. It's structured a bit like metroid, but less complex and interconnected. It still rewards and requires backtracking and exploration though.

The only thing I don't like is the mix of pixel-art and high-res character portrait and textboxes in menus and conversations. Gives it a bit of a cheap look imo. And it would be better on Vita.

Other than that a clear recommendation at 6€.

Bishop89

Wanted to play a 2D platformer so I grabbed Shantae's Risky's Revenge and so far I'm glad I did.

Nice music, great pixel-art and animation, cute and funny writing. Good map/dungeon design. It's structured a bit like metroid, but less complex and interconnected. It still rewards and requires backtracking and exploration though.

The only thing I don't like is the mix of pixel-art and high-res character portrait and textboxes in menus and conversations. Gives it a bit of a cheap look imo. And it would be better on Vita.

Other than that a clear recommendation at 6€.
I was excited when I saw Shantae on sale, then I realised it wasn't the new release :(

Makeda

Thanks Bishop89 for the website - PSPrices is quite handy as you can change the region and check for sales across all regions.. already subscribed for some discount notifications on a few titles

Griss

Bought Gravity Rush.

This is a fairly stunning remaster. The gameplay is still distinctly 'Vita' (the combat in this game was always rubbish, let's be honest) but everything else holds up amazingly. It's actually hard to believe it was a handheld game first. I had to go back to my Vita to boot it up to see the difference.

The Vita was so far ahead of its fucking time :(

64bitbros

Thophy whores, get Goosebumps: The Game and Gemini: Heroes something. Two very easy Platinums (2-4 hours) and both currently one sale.

Bishop89

Thanks Bishop89 for the website - PSPrices is quite handy as you can change the region and check for sales across all regions.. already subscribed for some discount notifications on a few titles
no problem.
Yeh websites pretty cool.

And probably more compitent than the SONY websites for finding stuff and just general information.

I've never played a "Tales of" game before. I want to buy one since they're really cheap right now, but I have no idea which one. Symphonia, Xillia or Graces F?

Depends what you want really.

Symphonia is the oldest one, with one of the most popular cast of characters in the series. Its also the longest game by far in terms of replayability.

Graces F is arguably the best combat in the series. Story took me around 35Hrs+ Sidequests another 20+ or so.

Xillia is the newest, and also the shortest. It features a link arte system, where you combine characters to do different moves. Its also one of the shortest tales of games, you can 100% it in around 35-40 hrs.

Though, if you do get Xillia, make sure to complete that with xillia 2. Best played together imo.

Bishop89

Whoops! In terms of story or gameplay? Of its the former there has to be a 'Previously, on GOW', on youtube to hunt down

gameplay not necessary as they pretty much all play the same.

But i highly recommend getting a recap on the story.

At the very least to watch the cutscenes too.

Because the very start of gow3 is exactly where gow2 ends, and it just won't be the same if you dont at least see the ending of 2.

Some great deals but with Uncharted coming and some purchases already this month i decided to limit myself to Gravity Rush as thats a fantastic deal.

Blobbers

Got Gravity Rush and Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

Digimon is 2.4 GB, wut. I know it's a vita port and all, but still. I like the theme anyway

sja_626

Bought Gravity Rush, awesome deal. But keep getting "Cannot download. Data is corrupted" at the exact same point when downloading it. Have done a database rebuild, no luck. Anyone else had similar issues before?

Bought Mad Max at the same time and it downloaded fine. Also downloaded a bunch of updates for other games today. Problem is specific to Gravity Rush it seems.

Bought Gravity Rush, awesome deal. But keep getting "Cannot download. Data is corrupted" at the exact same point when downloading it. Have done a database rebuild, no luck. Anyone else had similar issues before?

Bought Mad Max at the same time and it downloaded fine. Also downloaded a bunch of updates for other games today. Problem is specific to Gravity Rush it seems.

Did you delete the half downloaded file and try again? It should be under "System Storage Management" in Settings.

sja_626

Did you delete the half downloaded file and try again? It should be under "System Storage Management" in Settings.

Yeah had done that to no avail. Turns out I just had to free up more space. 100GB free wasn't enough. Had to get to up to about 180GB free then it worked. *sigh*. Same old problem many of us have had. Just a different (less useful) error message this time for some reason.

Bishop89

Yeah had done that to no avail. Turns out I just had to free up more space. 100GB free wasn't enough. Had to get to up to about 180GB free then it worked. *sigh*. Same old problem many of us have had. Just a different (less useful) error message this time for some reason.

its very glitchy that HDD error o_O

Bishop89

Is Helldivers worh it? Either PS4 or Vita?

Do people still play it online?

its a pretty solid game, and there is definitely an active community to play with.

Don't know if it is worth it though. I got it when it was a ps+ title.

Not sure If i would have paid for it however.

Maybe someone with more knowledge of the title can fill you in

Bought Gravity Rush Remastered and God of War III Remastered. Looking forward to replaying that last one. I had a blast with the borrowed copy from a friend back when it came out.

Bishop89

I just grabbed a Vita, is there anything great in this sale I should pick up for it?
Gravity rush if you don't have a PS4 for the remastered version.

Otherwise not a lot from this sale I'd recommend.

Definitely look for final Fantasy x, soul sacrifice, lumines, Persona 4 when they go on sale next

Ashtrax

I would love to pick up those Ratchet and Star Wars games... If the damn store accepted my Paypal or CC!

It was working last week, no idea what is happening.

web01

So is 13$ good price for bf4. Sgould I buy bf4 or hardline. Want to get into online fps

BF4 is the better and more populated game, has almost 4 times the peak number of players.
They are slowly making all the DLC free for both. Can get one expansion free right now.

Top Bottom