• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN SALE - 'Only on Playstation' titles, TLG, GR2, R&C, U4 & more

Pennywise

Deus Ex Mankind Divided Digital Deluxe is £22. Loved Human Revolution but held off on this as it was apparently disappointing? Worth it at this price? How's the season pass content been so far?
Can't tell you about the DLC, but you'll like the main game. It's pretty similar to the first and improves on certain aspects while othersince are stronger in HR.
Game dropped pretty heavy in price and you can get the physical for like 15-25€.

If GR2 is 50% off NOW, it's bound to be cheaper in the future.
Guess I'll grab Ratchet '16 and save the GBP 10 for something else.
Same reason I wait for now. GR1 also fell so damn fast.

I jist picked up sleeping dogs for £4, first time playing and i love it. Cannot believe i missed this on release
Wonderful game. Too bad we will never get a sequel.

Sony giving USA two middle fingers right in the face this week.
EU sales have been stronger for a pretty long time now.

oggob

Spent about AU$80 on the store, so will be applicable to for the AU$15 back in April...

Though some people are forgetting that the Easter sale will be running through April (more than likely after this Only On PS Sale)... The Easter sale can be as wallet damaging as the January or Black Friday PS Store sales...

Bishop89

Spent about AU$80 on the store, so will be applicable to for the AU$15 back in April...

Though some people are forgetting that the Easter sale will be running through April (more than likely after this Only On PS Sale)... The Easter sale can be as wallet damaging as the January or Black Friday PS Store sales...
Bye bye money 👋

jdstorm

Banned
Speaking of deals. EB games is doing a flash sale and has the PS4 Slim for $300 and it includes 3 months free PS+

Considering you get about $180 on a PS4 trade in, thats a great deal if you are looking to upgrade. Especially since you get free PS+ for this sale + the easter sale

Upgraded to the Slim when the same deal was for $350 :(

Tizoc

Does buying PS+ for a year also count towards this? Or is that seen as separate? 🤔

Of course it counts; you are buying it from the EU PSN store.
Even pre-orders count and so do themes and avatars etc.
Buy anything from the EU PSN store that totals at EUR/GBP 50 before March 30th or so and you get a GBP/EUR 10 code in April.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided Digital Deluxe is £22. Loved Human Revolution but held off on this as it was apparently disappointing? Worth it at this price? How's the season pass content been so far?

You're looking at more Human Revolution gameplay with a disappointing story. The game ends with no satisfying conclusion as Square Enix wanted to split it between multiple games. Both DLC packs are similar to Missing Link in length and it is played separately from the main menu (progress does not carry over).

If you buy the main game only and decide to get DLC later, do not buy the season pass as it is more expensive than just buying the story DLC separately.

The first couple have aged, really badly, but still worth playing through IMO

I don't think Uncharted 2 has aged barely at all. Its shooting probably won't feel quite as slick as modern TPSs, but it still has among the best and most exciting set-pieces in the genre and the writing and pacing is masterful.

Madchad

Some nice games i would like to pick up but iv banned myself from buying any games until my backlog is reduced ALOT.

My backlog is immense but I've said fuck it and picked up Pro Evo 17 (8 quid is too hard to resist) and GoW III for a playthrough closer to new GoW release.

Edit: would buying Horizon at release count towards that tenner back promo?
Doubt edit: threw Alienation in there too. I believe it has matchmaking?

Everyone of these discounts is on my wishlist xD

shmoglish

I don't think Uncharted 2 has aged barely at all. Its shooting probably won't feel quite as slick as modern TPSs, but it still has among the best and most exciting set-pieces in the genre and the writing and pacing is masterful.

2 and 3 still Play and look fine, yes. The first... not so much. I still had fun with it.

Thank god I already own most of the games. Some good AAA games and prices, but in the future I want to buy (or try) only retailversions of games so nothing for me here.

I got:
FF XV (price error)
Infamous SS
GOW III
Heavy Rain / Beyond Two Souls collection

Will probably buy Killzone SF to get the 10 euro next month.
My backlog at this point is beyond repair. The digital pricing this gen is just really good, I played most of those games from a physical disk, but at those PS+ discounts it's a no-brainer imo.

WITHE1982

Grabbed Here They Lie and Bound from the sale. First impressions on both are pretty good. Bound looks spectacular and Here They Lie, despite being a little ropey, played quite well. I didn't experience any nausea like a lot of other players have.

I had a couple of £ left in my wallet so grabbed Everybody's Tennis. I'm a big fan of its golf counterpart and the RPG elements really appealed to me. Looks a lot of fun for £3.

danowat

Banned

Don't get me wrong, they are still decent games, but IMO they haven't aged particularly well.

I brought UC4 in the sale so I am looking forward to seeing how the series progressed from 3.

WITHE1982

OléGunner;232604298 said:
Edit: would buying Horizon at release count towards that tenner back promo?
Doubt edit: threw Alienation in there too. I believe it has matchmaking?

Everyone of these discounts is on my wishlist xD

I believe it's any purchase in March including pre-orders.

Yup it does have matchmaking. I played the entire campaign with randoms and had a blast.

I believe it's any purchase in March including pre-orders.

Yup it does have matchmaking. I played the entire campaign with randoms and had a blast.

Ah cheers for that man.

Yeah I'm looking forward to playing Alienation during the summer lull once my backlog lets up.
Great to know its still awesome with rando's.

These are great deals. US store is so shitty :(

Luck of the draw.
I also look at a lot of US PSN sales with envy :p

Poster#1

I say the same thing when I see PSN US sales. ;)

(Luckily I also have a US-account, so I got games like Bloodborne for like 10 dollar.)

OléGunner;232604736 said:
Ah cheers for that man.

Yeah I'm looking forward to playing Alienation during the summer lull once my backlog lets up.
Great to know its still awesome with rando's.

Luck of the draw.
I also look at a lot of US PSN sales with envy :p

Is there a reason why the sales aren't global? seems dumb to me.

For anyone interested, I was browsing and found Thomas Was Alone is available for free.
Never played it but I'll give it a go on Vita sometime.

Is there a reason why the sales aren't global? seems dumb to me.

Playstation sales are negotiated by each individual PS region I'd imagine.
Sure a little more coordination would be nice, I wonder how MS does it.

Edit: yup what the Hamster said.

Osahi

Got Bound. On the fence about Rush of Blood. Played the demo and I liked the scaryness of it, but I didn't actually like the gameplay all that much. Didn't (yet) play with move controllers though.

I'm really curious about Bound, but I didn't really like the other two games that developer made so £6 still feels a bit too pricey. For now I'll just settle with WipEout 2048 and Ape Escape 2.

Is Uncharted 4 worth grabbing for people who haven't played 1-3?

I strongly recommend playing through 1 to 3 first before delving into 4. Seeing how the characters meet and how their relationships grow makes 4 all the more satisfying.

Bishop89

Ohhhhh yeeeehhh baby 😎
Oh well shit happens but at least we benefit 😜

I've only got enough to buy Alienation or pes17.

Don't know what to get 😓
Kind of leaning towards pes coz I havnt played a soccer game in a looong time, but I've only ever played Fifa so not sure how good this series is.

On the other hand Alienation looks like heaps of fun, but I'd be playing it solo if that makes any difference
anyone? :)

oni-link

Considering Wipeout 2048 and Tearaway for Vita

Was gonna grab Gravity Rush too but I might hold off and get the remaster on PS4 instead

Hmm, think I'll bite on Rogue Galaxy for that price. I remember enjoying it at launch, but that was so long ago. How does it hold up these days?

Plum

I really want to finally try out Vib Ribbon but I won't have access to my PS3 for at least another month. Outside of that there's not much I feel like I need to buy right now, great sale though.

I haven't played Alienation but PES is a steal at 8 quid. I paid 15 a couple of weeks ago and it was definitely worth that. The offline play is much better than FIFA.

-

How much is a PS+ annual subscription of the PS store at the moment? I can't check myself right now, but I'm wondering if it'll be worth going for that extra £10 credit seeing my PS+ subscription has just ended.

Poster#1

Marketing isn't global, there are loads of different factors at play.

SIE America and SIE Europe are entirely different companies with their own store, unlike Microsoft or Valve that have all regions in one single store. The content available is also different.

OléGunner;232604964 said:
For anyone interested, I was browsing and found Thomas Was Alone is available for free.
Never played it but I'll give it a go on Vita sometime.

Playstation sales are negotiated by each individual PS region I'd imagine.
Sure a little more coordination would be nice, I wonder how MS does it.

Edit: yup what the Hamster said.

Thanks for the explanation guys. All app stores are global so it's weird to see them not doing.

ty_hot

PES gameplay is a lot better in my opinion (and of most reviewers), the AI is the best any sports game ever had (this time they actually learn how you play and defend themselves properly!). I have the game since launch (sol it last week for 30, bought today again for 10, yay, lucky timing), and I always have to change the formation/tactics/strategy, otherwise I will not win many games in a row.

Also, it's much easier to install option files (it takes a while, but you just need to press a few buttons to start the process and then wait...), so you get all uniforms, players, faecs etc up to date.

Online on Fifa is better though (more people playing, so better matchmaking and less connection issues.

edit:

There is a demo for PES, so you should definetely try it. Dont play only one game because it does play differently than FIFA, your first impression wont be great, but after 3 matches you will get it and probably wont stop playing ;)

How good is Gravity Rush 2? I loved the first one but realised there were areas for improvement to be made on the sequel.

I'm not expecting a UC1~UC2 type quality jump but I don't want to play any games right now that's just more of the same.

WITHE1982

Got Bound. On the fence about Rush of Blood. Played the demo and I liked the scaryness of it, but I didn't actually like the gameplay all that much. Didn't (yet) play with move controllers though.

As with Batman Arkham VR; Rush Of Blood is one of those game where Move controllers are a must. I initially played it with a DS4 and thought it just OK but with the move controllers it's fantastic.

For £9.99 I'd say it essential if you have PSVR. It's one of the games I show off to friends when they ask for a go of VR and they're never disappointed.

*top tip* the calibration for PS Move can be a little off so don't be afraid to aim slightly down or up when adjusting it 'til you find a sweet spot. It can be adjusted on the fly at any time.

I'm really curious about Bound, but I didn't really like the other two games that developer made so £6 still feels a bit too pricey. For now I'll just settle with WipEout 2048 and Ape Escape 2.

I played it in VR for the first time last night and really enjoyed it. The art style is fantastic and IQ is very, very good. IMO for £6 it's a no brainer, but then I have only played for 40 minutes or so.

Is Uncharted 4 worth grabbing for people who haven't played 1-3?

It's still a great game but there's tons of emphasis on the plot and it's kind of like a swansong for the gang, so the plot will definitely have less impact if you haven't played the previous games. If you have interest in the full series, the Uncharted Collection is on sale as well!

If you play Alienation I'll co-op with you. It's a great top-down shooter but I only ever did a couple of levels before I got distracted and I haven't been back since. I've no interest in PES as I don't care for football.

Considering Wipeout 2048 and Tearaway for Vita

Was gonna grab Gravity Rush too but I might hold off and get the remaster on PS4 instead

Definitely get Gravity Rush Remastered on PS4. The better visuals and particularly the much better controls make a huge difference.

Tearaway is amazing though. One of my favourite platformers ever, and in the top 3 best Vita games easily.

Finally pulled the trigger on Uncharted 4, really hoping it isn't another UC3 experience. I am staying optimistic.

Uncharted 4 feels very different to Uncharted 3. It doesn't have the nonsense set-pieces, and the action sequences it does have feel more player-driven and dynamic. It's also a lot slower-paced in its first half, but stick at it as things really pick up from about chapter 8.

Bishop89

I haven't played Alienation but PES is a steal at 8 quid. I paid 15 a couple of weeks ago and it was definitely worth that. The offline play is much better than FIFA.

PES gameplay is a lot better in my opinion (and of most reviewers), the AI is the best any sports game ever had (this time they actually learn how you play and defend themselves properly!). I have the game since launch (sol it last week for 30, bought today again for 10, yay, lucky timing), and I always have to change the formation/tactics/strategy, otherwise I will not win many games in a row.

Also, it's much easier to install option files (it takes a while, but you just need to press a few buttons to start the process and then wait...), so you get all uniforms, players, faecs etc up to date.

Online on Fifa is better though (more people playing, so better matchmaking and less connection issues.

edit:

There is a demo for PES, so you should definetely try it. Dont play only one game because it does play differently than FIFA, your first impression wont be great, but after 3 matches you will get it and probably wont stop playing ;)

If you play Alienation I'll co-op with you. It's a great top-down shooter but I only ever did a couple of levels before I got distracted and I haven't been back since. I've no interest in PES as I don't care for football.

THanks for the feedback guys.

I may just end up getting more credit to get both haha. But for now ill just do a bit more research and might give that PES demo a shot too :)

Rogue Galaxy or Dark Cloud which should I get anyone?

Hmm. I'm not a particular fan of either, really. Dark Chronicle is better, if you haven't played that? Dark Cloud has some nice ideas but dungeons are really poor and combat feels a bit lacking. Rogue Galaxy is a little better and has far superior storytelling, but the level design also hadn't progressed in the 5-ish years since Dark Cloud. I also like its fun lively space adventure, and it has some good characters.

Top Bottom