• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Xabi is so great. Goes really unnoticed during matches, but he's fundamental.

He's brilliant. Unfortunately he surrounded by a group of players who would rather play keep away than football.

Spain won and they were the better side on the day. But that doesn't mean they play good football.

Hope Ronaldo gives them the business.

Kurtofan

Just posting :D ^^ :D ^^-
Bye France.
Where are your puppets theater, now?
SLweI.jpg

Hate in peace, man.Can't wait till Spain lose its title like Contador.

Can't believe Spain cares so much about Les Guignols lol

Mik2121

Fuck this way of playing football. Seriously.

You don't like other teams winning? Come on, this is a bit ridiculous. If they played bad, they'd lose. But they don't seem to, at least for now (hey, who knows what happens next game, maybe we lose, maybe not). But really, hating this much is ridiculous man... :/

Bo-Locks

I think Italy or England will beat Spain (provided they can get past Germany). Negative football will prevail over boring football.

nick nacc

Banned
What kind of twilight zone shit is this. Italy is playing way more exciting than a lot of teams now, I don't know of the games are more exciting because of my heritage but hit they attack a lot more now

Lightning

Banned
Spain is great, but they are a boring team man.
I don't find strangling opposition of the ball to be boring. I find Chelsea/Greece style defend with your entire team and counter attack to be borning.

Spain are controlled, not boring imo. You just need to prevent them from scoring first because if they score first they go into strangle mode where they hog all the ball but that is clever play and takes talent to do. France only have themselves to blame as they didn't show enough urgency.

Blanc can go manage Spurs because he is crap.

France were shite. Didn't even bother to play. Hope Spain slaughter Portugal next .Would love to see some Ronaldo and Pepe tears.
Spain to butcher Portugal PLEASE!!!!! I will be cheering on spain with a trumpet in their next game. Fucking Portugal.

Most boring game ever.

I really hope Portugal doesn't put up with Spain's style of play, because I can tell that it just pisses the opponents off.

They have less talent in midfield than France - how are they supposed to stop them. Ronaldo's going to have a frustrating game. He won't get any good chances. He'll receive the ball just past midfield, and be swarmed by four guys.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
The lack of talent in this french team was sadly exposed to the world tonight. Even at 40, Zidane would bring more than any player we had on the field.

Konosuke

I have a feeling that Portugal vs Spain is going to be a borefest too. I'm hoping for an English win tomorrow. That way the semis will be all about beef settling.

Meier

WOW at lot of moaners in this thread. Spain are not boring... they are controlling which in their position they are correct to do. It's up to France to inject something into it as they are the ones needing a goal.

Be honest, Spain ARE very boring to watch. We always tune in since they're so talented and you're waiting to be amazed but the wait is soooo long. When they do come through, it's always pretty, but it can be a bit mind-numbing.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
what a boring match, i'm getting tired of spain's two hundred passes before one shot on goal. i hope germany destroys them on the final. watching this game i can understand why americans think this sport is boring.

Nah, blame MLS and AYSO for that...
:p

anyways, I hate that teams dont like to pressure Spain at all and kickback until they lose the ball...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
just before second half spain did 324 passes france did 100 and something

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Alonso made 2 goals, today but I still think Del Bosque should field a traditional 4-3-3 instead of this double pivot bullshit.

Honestly I think he harms more than helps.

Fry

STATS!

Xavi has made more successful passes in Euro Finals history, overtaking Zinedine Zidane (707) tonight.

Don't understand why people don't understand why people here don't want to see Spain advance. Here's a team that's been scraping by to finals and winning two major championships for the past four years, with boring, possession style 1-0 or 0-0 penalty shoot out victories.

Is it too much to ask to see more "hungry" and exciting teams advance. Not that France was one of those teams today. But you know what I mean.

Acidote

Hate all you want, but Pepe has been immense this Euro. One of the best in Portugal right after Moutinho.

I'm a little woried about the Portuguese Real Madrid players dealing with the Barça players. Specially with Ronaldo. And I'm a RM supporter so I don't want him to do anything stupid.

Edit: And Sunhi ends all discussion with his gifs. The second one.

AlexBasch

You don't like other teams winning? Come on, this is a bit ridiculous. If they played bad, they'd lose. But they don't seem to, at least for now (hey, who knows what happens next game, maybe we lose, maybe not). But really, hating this much is ridiculous man... :/
I hated how France didn't feel like attacking and were just 'meh' while Spain was "okay, we won't do anything at all too".

It's not hating on Spain or France, but more of a dislike of playing like that, just for the result. Yeah, sounds naive but I like to have fun while watching football, or if it's a tense, intelligent game of defenses it's alright.

You're Spanish? Didn't mean to offend you. Sorry. ):

Clydefrog

Wow, France was terrible. Their entire offensive strategy was hit it 30 yards towards Benzema, which he would 50% of the time control only to make a bad pass.

good job spain!!

Lightning

Banned
Be honest, Spain ARE very boring to watch. We always tune in since they're so talented and you're waiting to be amazed but the wait is soooo long. When they do come through, it's always pretty, but it can be a bit mind-numbing.
DIfference in opinion I guess. Spain games don't bore me. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather watch Germany play, but Spain aren't that boring but they are just a very intelligent side to mix in with their overwhelming talent.

Hate in peace, man.Can't wait till Spain lose its title like Contador.

Can't believe Spain cares so much about Les Guignols lol

Not all of them, personally I think spanish guignols were way better, unfortunaly they're no longer on air. But you have to think that our success on sport is the only think we have and can be proud. Of course some people may be bitter because of them, doesn't help either that our tabloids give it to much importance.

Mik2121

I hated how France didn't feel like attacking and were just 'meh' while Spain was "okay, we won't do anything at all too".

It's not hating on Spain or France, but more of a dislike of playing like that, just for the result. Yeah, sounds naive but I like to have fun while watching football, or if it's a tense, intelligent game of defenses it's alright.

You're Spanish? Didn't mean to offend you. Sorry. ):

Don't worry man, no offense taken. I'm Spanish, yeah... and even I thought the game was boring. But still, I can see why they'd do it (the opponent gets all pissed off, plus they don't get as tired so they can counter at any given time).

I hope next game is more entertaining though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom