• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
WTF Ramos had a nose job...wow! How vain/insecure can you be?! Dude can get pussy/dick when ever he wants...

No he can't. Messi turned his offer down so that's why he takes him out every match.

Ramos is just a lonely soul looking for a felching partner.

Kinyou

So much hate. Thread's gonna be dreadful when Germany beats us.
yesjacknicholsonglztq.gif

Arnie

England vs Italy...your thoughts?

I think it'll be 2-1 to England.

I think we'll sit deep and try to hit Italy on the break, and I think we'll be pretty successful. We always try to release the ball to the wings as quickly as possible, and with Italy playing with advanced wingbacks I can see that being pretty effective.

In fact, prediction: Carroll starts.

Without the height of Chiellini, and with Carroll doing well in training I can see us going with him from the off. He's a great release mechanism too, and let's be honest, Italy will have the majority of the ball.

F#A#Oo

Banned
1-1, we lose on penalties.

That's what everyone is saying...you disappoint me :(...thought you'd have a fresh take on the match.

I think we'll sit deep and try to hit Italy on the break, and I think we'll be pretty successful. We always try to release the ball to the wings as quickly as possible, and with Italy playing with advanced wingbacks I can see that being pretty effective.

Without the height of Chiellini, and with Carroll doing well in training I can see us going with him from the off. He's a great release mechanism too, and let's be honest, Italy will have the majority of the ball.

Yeah I can see some this happening...though as Roy has mentione several times the players release the ball too quickly instead of taking that extra touch.

I have no idea what formation Italy will play but Barzagli sort of gave away that it will be a back 4...

You're killing me here Arnie.

bud

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-1n898n.gif[IMG]

Just look at France's midfielders. Look at them wet-farting around. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN.[/QUOTE]

malouda, who is an absolutely dreadful player, doesn't even [I]look[/I] at xabi as he runs towards the box.

feel

But my point is, even just two years ago at the world cup, the common opinion was that the way Spain and Barca played was what everybody should be striving for.

I'm just pointing out how thats changed is all.
Well it was always annoying to the rivals, and it stopped being cute to the neutrals when you put an end to your long history of choking and actually started winning consecutive tournaments.

sneaky77

Such is the power of fear that Spain and Vicente del Bosque exert these days. In 2012, with Euro 2008 and World Cup 2010 already in the trophy cabinet, teams don't even try to hide a deference to Spain's possession dominance and midfield skill for fear of outright humiliation. Ninety minutes of damage control and crisis management and hopes of stealing a winning goal. Delusion on UEFA's biggest stage.

http://espnfc.com/us/en/news/1113798/tylerfranceembarrassing-surrender-spain-.html

Dibbz

It's not all one way traffic from Spain/Barca and they do lose the ball but unlike other teams every player knows and works hard as fuck to defend when they do.

It pisses me off that everyone thinks they just pass, pass, pass when that is only half of their game.

People that complain it's boring they should direct those complaints to the opposition for being so shit.

sneaky77

so I don't get the uefa scheduling.. Spain win their group.. and somehow they have 2 days less of rest than Portugal who finished second in theirs.. wouldn't have it made more sense to have this quarters match yesterday?

Arnie

I thought you were making reference to the pre-tournament 'but Carroll looked great in training' guff.

No, there's a video of him genuinely doing great in training this week. It's on the FA's website.

All you can here is some cockney bloke shouting 'welll dan annndddyyyy carrrooollll'.

Visceir

so I don't get the uefa scheduling.. Spain win their group.. and somehow they have 2 days less of rest than Portugal who finished second in theirs.. wouldn't have it made more sense to have this quarters match yesterday?

Their next game will be on wednesday, that should be enough time to rest.

Anyway, Italy has already once proven that it can manage spain quite well, they played in a 3-5-3 formation. A penalty shootout between those two countries would be quite interesting - Casillas vs Buffon. I'm fairly confident that itely will eliminate them from this tournament once they have taken care of England.

keit4

Banned
Europe: are you even trying?

Spain is playing an awful football in this Euro, but still we are very superior to our rivals. I can't wait to see the team kicking some german asses again :)

Ikael

All this hate towards Spain's "anti football" is quite familiar to me, being a Real Madrid fan I also heard lots of complaints about Barça's style. And guess what? That's bullshit. When the Real Madrid - Barça matches ended up being boring as hell it wasn't because the midfield possesion shuddenly sucked all the soccer mojo out of the game, but rather because the opposing team (my team) didn't had the balls to try a daring, offensive tactic and lo and behold, the only times the Real Madrid was able to beat Barça's style was when we tried to go for it instead of sitting on our asses.

Whenever this "anti football" meets a worthy (and gutsy) rival, matches gets brilliant. The inevitable final against Germany, which plays exactly that kind of soccer (fast counteratttacks, disruptive offensive in the middle field) will be legendary.

keit4

Banned
All this hate towards Spain's "anti football" is quite familiar to me, being a Real Madrid fan I also heard lots of complaints about Barça's style. And guess what? That's bullshit. When the Real Madrid - Barça matches ended up being boring as hell it wasn't because the midfield possesion shuddenly shucked all the soccer mojo out of the game, but rather because the opposing team (my team) didn't had the balls to try a daring, offensive tactic and lo and behold, the only times the Real Madrid was able to beat Barça's style was when we tried to go for it instead of sitting on our asses.

Whenever this "anti football" meets a worthy (and gutsy) rival, matches gets brilliant. The inevitable final against Germany, which plays exactly that kind of soccer (fast counteratttacks, disruptive offensive in the middle field) will be legendary.

The funny thing is that a lot of people who complains about the spanish playstyle calling it boring, defended the Chelsea strategy against Barça :)

Double standard, you know. Also know as hate (or envy) ;)

Arnie

From a footballing standpoint the best game of the tournament so far has been Italy - Spain. So talk of Spain playing this anti-football is nonsense; they just need a worthy opponent.

The funny thing is that a lot of people who complains about the spanish playstyle calling it boring, defended the Chelsea strategy against Barça :)
Nothing to defend; Chelsea were the better team as they executed their own strategy more effectively than Barca could.

Big-E

Stars are aligning for another Spanish victory. I think Italy will probably win today but may lose to Germany and then that will give the tournament to the Spanish. Italy can take out the Spanish but I don't think they will get that opportunity.

Clegg

Chelsea destroying Barcelona was indeed a great moment. The bitching in the footy thread was delicious. The sense of entitlement from some fans was shocking too.

I had no problem with Chelsea defending and neither do I have a problem with Spain passing the ball incessantly.

I just don't like the fools that say the Spanish method is the only way to play football.

Sylver

Banned
Chelsea destroying Barcelona was indeed a great moment. The bitching in the footy thread was delicious. The sense of entitlement from some fans was shocking too.

I had no problem with Chelsea defending and neither do I have a problem with Spain passing the ball incessantly.

I just don't like the fools that say the Spanish method is the only way to play football.

If Messi didn't missed that penalty :(.

Wilbur

Banned

Double standard, you know. Also know as hate (or envy) ;)

I don't think either are anti-football, but the difference with it is when Chelsea defend, it isn't boring because Barca are trying to score and it makes it an enthralling contest. Keeping the ball is obviously technically fantastic and it works, but it's boring. It's winning by suffocation. I understand why they do it, I don't hold it against them, I just would argue that it's Not the best football around.

Dibbz

I don't think either are anti-football, but the difference with it is when Chelsea defend, it isn't boring because Barca are trying to score and it makes it an enthralling contest. Keeping the ball is obviously technically fantastic and it works, but it's boring. It's winning by suffocation. I understand why they do it, I don't hold it against them, I just would argue that it's Not the best football around.

When the opposition does nothing to try and win the ball back how can you put the blame on Spain?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Sorry I missed this post earlier, but did Spain play any differently in the last Euro's or the World cup they won?

Back then everybody loved them but the tide is starting to turn against them and I'm not sure why.

Sorry but I've got a bee in my bonnet tonight about how peoples perceptions change without any real evidence to support it

Everybody got tired of Spain humiliating their national team.

Wilbur

Banned
When the opposition does nothing to try and win the ball back how can you put the blame on Spain?

The reason they don't try and win the ball back is because of the way they play. If you go for it, you get tired quicker and make gaps.

I'm not knocking the tactic. Technically it's probably one of the best ever. It's just not exciting.

if italy or england decided to play without a striker tomorrow everyone would blast them for being negative.

but when spain plays without a striker and makes short horizontal passes the entire game hoping to nick a lucky goal or two they are praised.

give me a break. i'm sure it's great if you're a spain fan, because the tactic helps you win. but for neutrals it is fucking torture and makes games unwatchable. you can't expect neutrals to appreciate that boring shit.

Dibbz

if italy or england decided to play without a striker tomorrow everyone would blast them for being negative.

but when spain plays without a striker and makes short horizontal passes the entire game hoping to nick a lucky goal or two they are praised.

Yeah but the difference is Spain can still play great without one whereas almost every other team would fall apart.

What must be very nice is putting two full backs to stop the enemy's left full back and still concede a goal on that side, with a pass by that player.

Spain is not playing their best football at all, maybe boring as hell, but these teams deserve what they get. Why hope for a lucky game when you can just play your own football and win or lose like men?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom