• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro Truck Sim 2 |OT| - it's like Elite, but in a big rig and in Europe

For those who have been playing already, what are the must have mods?

Also, is there a way to disable the speed limiter? Cuz fuck that, I wanna go full force in my truck.

I was wondering this myself, what mods improve the game without drastically changing it.
Bought this on the summer sale, well actually from a GAF user...had a nice little drive tonight getting settled in to a few early jobs and set up my controller and radio stations. I'll dump a few pics from my adventures. I quickly learned not to try and take corners at speed entering a quarry...

6376E9C1EB626969BB9B3A34B0BFC03013FAD62A

7F6550C9FC9768249B6CA46C0F80C3FEC3DDED23

Arcticfox

So what are the best radio stations, either in the game already or that you can add? When I click on some of the built in radio stations the program locks up. I assume this is due to broken links.

My local station is part of iHeart Radio and I see no way to get a streaming link from the site.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So what are the best radio stations, either in the game already or that you can add? When I click on some of the built in radio stations the program locks up. I assume this is due to broken links.

My local station is part of iHeart Radio and I see no way to get a streaming link from the site.

If you just wait a bit it should either start playing the music or just un-lock up and no audio.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I've owned this game since Christmas. I've played it rather much, probably a "4 hour" job a day. It's something like 20 minutes. Does anyone own more than one garage? I mean, I have three/four trucks and drivers, but I'm not a huge company yet!

I own three garages right now, and I'm almost ready to buy my fourth. But I might bling out some of my trucks first instead. The money is starting to roll in now that my drivers are getting more skilled.

Skyzard

Banned
Surprisingly to myself, this sounds amazing. Always wondered how difficult it is to drive those big vehicles too.

Will grab this when I fix/update pc, subbed, thanks.

Stitch

Gold Member
Also, is there a way to disable the speed limiter? Cuz fuck that, I wanna go full force in my truck.
You can disable it in the options with the beta patch.
I'm on my phone so I'm not sure how you can get the beta. I think right click on the game, properties, beta.
Well something like that lol

Card Boy

Banned
I hope for Euro Truck 3 they add multiplayer, would be sick as fuck having a congo line of trucks doing jobs and shit.

The option to disable it is coming

It depends what sort of stuff you like to listen to. Personally being british I appreciate the BBC Radio 1/2/3/4...all of which are rather different 1 being the most mainstream the others being altogether very british and relaxing. Playing classical, jazz etc.

I can't park my cargo for shit. It takes me like 15-20 minutes to even come close.

Tell me about it. I'm getting the hang of it now, so long as I use the "3" camera view I can park in 2-3 minutes. It took 20 at the start like you said, so times are improving!

Wanace

For the love of god download the demo if you're on the fence!

This game is not for everyone. I can see how it appeals to some people but for me driving at a snail's pace on a samey-looking road all over the place isn't that fun.

Mengy

I like the country stations at the bottom of the list, usually I put on Highway 181. It's classic and 80's country, and it just seems to go very well with driving a big rig across the countryside.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
You can disable it in the options with the beta patch.
I'm on my phone so I'm not sure how you can get the beta. I think right click on the game, properties, beta.
Well something like that lol

I hope for Euro Truck 3 they add multiplayer, would be sick as fuck having a congo line of trucks doing jobs and shit.

The option to disable it is coming

Until then, I found a mod!

Played the prequel a lot years ago and really liked it. It was a relaxing and fun simulation game to be honest.
There were several issues with the 1st one, something like the custom music playback and also some bugs within the traffic. But all of them weren't game breaking.

If really like to buy the sequel once I have more free time. And for people who are on the fence whether to get this game or not, I said just get it, overall it's a nice low budget simulation games.

Orca

Bought this today, instantly regretted it, but then played it a bit and I'm ok with the purchase now. Worth a look at the demo, for sure.

I've been joyriding for the last couple hours; taking the longest distance jobs I can get right now. I was listening to a Belgian radio station and "Take Me to Funkytown" started playing. Purchase justified.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I've been joyriding for the last couple hours; taking the longest distance jobs I can get right now. I was listening to a Belgian radio station and "Take Me to Funkytown" started playing. Purchase justified.

The radio is secretly the best part about this game.

SO I was just super late on a delivery because I had to take it across the ocean. I pull in to the docks and it says "Press E to turn off engine" I do it. "Press enter to rest" "Er, okay." My trucks still there. I assume I didn't rest long enough. I rest again.

Then I wake up and it says "Hey dude you're like, waaaay late on that delivery!" So I I pull back and learn that hey, you're supposed to put the front of your truck over this indicator, not the back.

So I was late and just said fuck it and went full speed barreling down the streets to my destination.

My truck tipped over at one point, bounced off the ground and landed back on its wheels.

Do I have to start a new profile for mods to apply?

When you launch the game and select a profile, hit Edit and you can enable mods.

DrTeflon

Hell yeah an OT. I am a huge fan of truck/bus Sims so I bought it day 1 on scs store. Played for tons of hours before it got released on steam. Now I'm planning to start another profile just for fun.

Probably one of the most relaxing games I've ever played.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Be careful when using the mod that removes the speed limiter. You can get tons of tickets, but the worst is your truck becomes extremely unstable at high speeds. This causes some truly horrible accidents that can cost up to 50,000 dollars to fix.

Also, the next patch is supposed to have Oculus Rift support!

Mengy

Be careful when using the mod that removes the speed limiter. You can get tons of tickets, but the worst is your truck becomes extremely unstable at high speeds. This causes some truly horrible accidents that can cost up to 50,000 dollars to fix.

LOL, no freakin' way! I may have to try mods out just for curiosity's sake. I get plenty of speeding tickets as it is (I've played 43 hours of vanilla ETS2), but it would be fun to be able to really barrel down the highways now and then. Also that real physics mod sounds interesting.

Mengy

Fuck me! It's 04:00 A.M. here, and I'm dowloading Euro Truck Sim 2 from Steam... :D

a9uMMPv.jpg

I don't see Bad Rats on that list. Quick!!!! Someone gift it to him, lol!

Oh, and if you want to get any sleep tonight then don't start the game up when it's done downloading....

So they added radio with stations now? That's pretty interesting. Back to the prequel there were no stations, only a couple of boring default music track. I had to put my own music track to so I could listen to it while driving. *cough*

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So they added radio with stations now? That's pretty interesting. Back to the prequel there were no stations, only a couple of boring default music track. I had to put my own music track to so I could listen to it while driving. *cough*

A patch a few months ago added about 100 different streaming internet stations from all around Europe.

The best use of a radio in a game ever.

I actually working at logistics industry. I guess I will see the same thing as work for a while even after I off from work then lol.. Just bought it and it seems fun.

Lingitiz

Alright been playing for a bit now. The game is way more fun and well produced than I was expecting. The driving is like a road trip except with the added "Oh my God I could fuck up everything very easily" deal.

Gonna be playing a lot more of this.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
A patch a few months ago added about 100 different streaming internet stations from all around Europe.

The best use of a radio in a game ever.

Literally the best thing about the game. It's just so zen tooling around listening to eurotrance.

Have no idea how to park through. That shit is hard.

anyone try the Trucksim Map?

it adds 30 new cities, adjusts gas prices by country, looks really cool.

The radio is so cool, been driving listening to Liverpool Rock.FM heh

I remember in 18 Wheels of Steel: Across America, they used to have cb chatter with the other drivers. You could ask what the weather or traffic was like. Also if they saw any police up again. I thought that was pretty cool.

Blablurn

anyone try the Trucksim Map?

it adds 30 new cities, adjusts gas prices by country, looks really cool.

The radio is so cool, been driving listening to Liverpool Rock.FM heh

I remember in 18 Wheels of Steel: Across America, they used to have cb chatter with the other drivers. You could ask what the weather or traffic was like. Also if they saw any police up again. I thought that was pretty cool.

that mod looks pretty awesome

Is this an English-heavy game? My dad would love this but his English is dinky at best.

The game support a lot of languages. This is the list of the languages included in the Steam version:
English, German, French, Italian, Korean, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Portoguese, Polish, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norvegese, Svedish, Ungherese, Ceco, Rumeno, Turkish, Portoghese-Brasiliano, Bulgaro, Greek

Segaswirl

Really wanted this but I didn't meet the minimum specs. I only have a 2.0Ghz core 2 duo but I decided to try the demo anyway. It worked and runs decently.

Bought!

Tobor

I love this game. It's perfect game for just relaxing and unwinding after a hard day.

I've been debating buying a wheel just for this game.

Ty4on

Awesome to see this get a sale. Have played this since before it came to steam and it's a really relaxing way of spending some time to listen to music, podcasts, radio or just diesel music.

This is their first game that finally fixed controls with a controller (before it would at random crash...), but I really need a wheel because the automatic gearbox coding and especially the automatic clutch suck. The AI also needs to learn how to merge and I really wish the motorways started doing the same as the autobahn and warn a million times before the road split (this is what an exit looks like). Otherwise it is pretty awesome. If you disable the speedlimiter you'll notice that the roads are surprisingly twisty and be super careful in the rain with poor visibility and grip. 140-150 on the straights while overtaking everyone is fun though :p

Top Bottom