• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro Truck Sim 2 |OT| - it's like Elite, but in a big rig and in Europe

Sye d'Burns

Oh, man... I should've dove into mods a long time ago.

Smaller off-side mirrors FTW:
Smaller HUD mirrors, choice of 2 sizes by lonestranger

lavxS9w.jpg

i4GpsMI.jpg

Relocate the route advisor:
Route Advisor Mod Collection v4.0 by Hemil

QQhh5ls.jpg

YZ6gvfc.jpg

Double D

I just realized that the TSM 3.5 map pack affects your 'Long Range' perks. I guess it makes sense. I'm getting paid well enough for these ridiculously long trips as it is.

Sye d'Burns

OMG thanks for the route advisor one, its exacly what I need.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing notifications of employee deliveries with the relocated gps. I might have just missed them (all) but I doubt it. I haven't decided whether to shelve this mod or not. I'll definitely need to keep a closer eye on employee leveling if I continue to use it.

That being said; it's nice having the GPS in a spot where the dash isn't obscured.

edit: Lately, I've taken to turning off the route adviser and using the on-dash GPS in the Volvo. I really wish they'd add some form of ticker to let you know about deliveries and such without having to have a second GPS up.

Double D

Any chance of a Humble bundle with Eurotruck 2 ?? haha I'm too broke to buy the game right now.

I'd link you if I wasn't in a phone, but go to the buy sell trade thread and run a couple of pages back and look for a post from DunderHassan where he links to his 'store'. Last I checked a couple hours ago he had a handful I copies left for $8.

Double D

Just did my first run with the G27. Welp, it's awesome, but it's going to take some serious getting used to. Anyone running the same setup have any pointers? My main thing I want to tweak off the bat is the sensitivity/feedback of the wheel. Like I want it to be harder to turn the wheel, if you know what I mean. I can flick this thing way too easy. I want it to pull me back to center a bit more. Is this possible? If so, which setting do I adjust.

Also, my wife had an idea I was ordering it, but I don't think she knew it actually happened. She's currently out running errands. Curious to see her reaction when she comes back and finds this ridiculousness hooked up to our computer desk.

edit: I closed this window after this post and there's a Steam advertisement for Nascar 2013. I'm pretty sure that's a sign.

Double D

You're looking at the world from a new perspective. You're a racing wheel owner now.

My 9 year old son just saw my setup. Instead of being awestruck like I would have been at this age, he had a look of disgust on his face and said, "you seriously bought this for that truck game?" I'm still laughing about it

My 9 year old son just saw my setup. Instead of being awestruck like I would have been at this age, he had a look of disgust on his face and said, "you seriously bought this for that truck game?" I'm still laughing about it

Kids these days! Not even into truck driving anymore

Double D

With this TSM map pack, I didn't realize how much money I would be making off my recruited drivers alone. I can basically just sleep in my truck all day and rack in the dough.

Double D

I've been trying to find that ignition hardware thing he has. And no, I'm not attempting to purchase it. I just want to know if it's a thing you can buy or if this maniac built it.

Sye d'Burns

Will those avatar replacements show up for hired drivers as well?

I can't swear to it but I believe so because the mod acts as a replacement for all the avatars.It only goes to reason it would apply across the board. As a matter of fact, at the character selection screen, before the mod has had a chance to load, I have an entirely different avatar (one of the original ones.)

For the record, I couldn't decide between Burt Reynold's Bandit and Jack Burton so I just chose Burt and named him Burt Burton.

Having just gotten a logitech G27 with a 85% discount this game somehow shot up to the top of my wishlist alongside the simbin racing games. Does anybody have a magical ball that predicts the likelyhood of this going on sale somewhere before the steam winterseals.

I'd link you if I wasn't in a phone, but go to the buy sell trade thread and run a couple of pages back and look for a post from DunderHassan where he links to his 'store'. Last I checked a couple hours ago he had a handful I copies left for $8.

Thanks for the heads up! Let's Hope DunderHassan has any code left.

Double D

Having just gotten a logitech G27 with a 85% discount this game somehow shot up to the top of my wishlist alongside the simbin racing games. Does anybody have a magical ball that predicts the likelyhood of this going on sale somewhere before the steam winterseals.

Where the heck did you find one so cheap?

btw, is there a way to send crew members to specific routes? They do quick routes all the time for me if I got this right so far. Does this "unlock" later? I have them for only 2-3 days so far)

Double D

btw, is there a way to send crew members to specific routes? They do quick routes all the time for me if I got this right so far. Does this "unlock" later? I have them for only 2-3 days so far)

I don't think you can actually 'manage' them aside from telling them which truck to drive, where to be based out of, and what upgrade they choose the next time they level up. So, just give it some time. Once they level up a bit they'll earn their keep.

On the My Drivers section, there's a 'Training Policy' I just set mine to Long Distance but there's a lot of options to choose from

Double D

On the My Drivers section, there's a 'Training Policy' I just set mine to Long Distance but there's a lot of options to choose from

But all this does is tell the driver what perk to upgrade next, right? Well, to partially answer my own question, yes, that is exactly what it does. I'm just wondering if there is more to it.

But all this does is tell the driver what perk to upgrade next, right? Well, to partially answer my own question, yes, that is exactly what it does. I'm just wondering if there is more to it.
Yep, that's what I'd like to know as well. They do the cheap jobs I did before owning a truck. But the do own a truck :(

Oh I thought it told them what type of jobs to prioritize. Dang not sure then.

I'm clearly a moron. Going to download that 3.5 map pack and startkapital file later. But as far as I can see on the website (using google translate) there are no instructions whatsoever for what to do with them once they are downloaded?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm clearly a moron. Going to download that 3.5 map pack and startkapital file later. But as far as I can see on the website (using google translate) there are no instructions whatsoever for what to do with them once they are downloaded?

All mods go in the mod folder.

C:\Users\Alo\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod

Sye d'Burns

Any advice for my first truck? I'm between the cheapest Volvo or Scania...or should I level up more and get something better?

I'd recommend buying the cheapest of your choice, I'd personally choose Volvo, possibly upgrading to the 600hp engine, and, once you've expanded your garage, passing that vehicle on to your new employee. At that point, you can buy another vehicle more to your liking.

Double D

I'd recommend buying the cheapest of your choice, I'd personally choose Volvo, possibly upgrading to the 600hp engine, and, once you've expanded your garage, passing that vehicle on to your new employee. At that point, you can buy another vehicle more to your liking.

Yep, I'd go with the Volvo as well. I've since switched to a Scania, but the Volvo's base engine smokes everything else.

Top Bottom