• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Eurogamer] - Here's How Character Switching In Spider-Man 2 Works

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I mean of course, I agree. What you are saying is far from wrong.I'm not into console warrior stuff as I own all major platforms. I guess this thing having an article is what kinda threw me off. To me this thing is something that I would've expected to be named in passing like in some small Q&A section of the game's website or something. Ah well.
I think it’s gojng to be something built upon for their next GDC talk, since their engine pipeline is heavily stream reliant which now they have the ability to load in and out of RAM high fidelity assets without sacrificing said RAM footprint or asset fidelity due to the duplication processes of the past.

The news is it's part of the new Spider-Man game and it's fast. That's pretty much it.
You can just see the conceited effort to try and deflate any hype for one of Sony biggest exclusives. Imagine when Apple announced they released an operating system, and Microsoft coporate shills comes out complaning how nobody should be excited for this because IBM did it first.

Onechicago Chicagopd GIF by ION

Pedro Motta

Did you missed that this is about character switch?
Tell me what about loading a different character with a completely different move set, different skill trees, different audio effects on a completely different part of the city in less than a second is comparable to what you shared?

Thirty7ven

Banned
Imagine somebody saying tele transporting in a city ain’t all that. You can take the subway everywhere already.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Tell me what about loading a different character with a completely different move set, different skill trees, different audio effects on a completely different part of the city in less than a second is comparable to what you shared?
It's not. The matter is all about the fast travel.

Top Bottom