• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Next COD is Indeed Called COD: WWII

sirap

Yawn.

Infinite Warfare had an amazing SP largely due to its setting and premise. I don't think I can go back to WW2.

We haven't since 2006, have we? I don't think we've had a single WWII AAA game this generation.
It's not about "since when", it's more about "how many".

On my shelf right now, I'm looking at MoH: Frontline and MoH:Rising Sun on Gamecube and MoH:Heroes 2 on Wii and CoD:World at War on 360.

I'm done.

nOoblet16

The only way I can digest a WW2 setting and around that is when it's alternate history like Wolfenstein...that's how worn out on WW2 games I am even after so many years of not having one.

eFKac

So in.

Will be my first CoD since World at War.

Salivating at the thought of the WW2 setting with current gen graphics.

There was a cool CGI commercial for some old WW2 CoD with a tank shooting at a church tower, anybody has a link by chance?

no. sure a lot of people want it to go back to WW but not everyone. I was sick and tired of WW games back when World at War came out and I still am. I want more modern/futuristic games. If they are gonna go into the past there are plenty other wars they can focus on other than WW.
At this point there are more modern / futuristic CoDs than there are WWII ones. Let us WW2 fps lovers have this one man, it's been a while.

arcticice

There was a fatigue of World War shooters during last-gen, but there hasn't been any big budget World War 2 game this gen, so that alone makes me excited about this.

(And i don't care for COD franchise at all)

pitchfork

I'm back in then

Although I really hope this changes the COD formula a bit and goes for a more realistic combat experience

Zojirushi

Yeah the setting is kinda whatever, I just hope they keep evolving the campaign gameplay, structure and narrative wise.

Infinite Warfare had some good stuff going on.

iMax

On my shelf right now, I'm looking at MoH: Frontline and MoH:Rising Sun on Gamecube and MoH:Heroes 2 on Wii and CoD:World at War on 360.

I'm done.

OK, well a lot of people might not have played those. No reason not to revisit.

Zushin

Awesome! Might actually get me back into CoD (pending how much bullshit there is). Hope DICE does a WW2 Battlefield next. D Day on Frostbite, yes please.

jediyoshi

I'm done.

Oh, you're talking about shooters, right? Not sure why the setting is relevant anymore in that case.

Bl@de

Nice. Loved the classic WW2 campaigns. Wonder what they'll choose. Western europe, eastern europe, Pacific ... Too bad COD never has good sales. 60€ is too much for me to play a 6h campaign. Not into multiplayer (especially because of their abysmal PC support)

Oh, you're talking about shooters, right? Not sure why the setting is relevant anymore in that case.
That's half it. Not shooters, per se, but shooters in this particular setting. I've just gotten burned out on them. So would've preferred a more modern setting again.
OK, well a lot of people might not have played those. No reason not to revisit.
No, that's absolutely fair. Just because I'm fatigued on WWII doesn't mean other people can't play this game and enjoy it. I'm just expressing my own personal disinterest but other people are more than welcome to be excited about this game.

ironmang

Definitely have my attention again. Used to buy these every year but the recent futuristic ones didn't do anything for me.

The fuck? Why? Isnt this what everyone wanted.

There's always going to be posts shitting on anything COD for being COD.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Maybe the plan is Sledgehammer will be on WWII, Treyarch goes back to the Cold War, and Infinity Ward does the futuristic setting.

I think it's better then getting futuristic CoDs from all three.

iMax

No, that's absolutely fair. Just because I'm fatigued on WWII doesn't mean other people can't play this game and enjoy it. I'm just expressing my own personal disinterest but other people are more than welcome to be excited about this game.

Yeah, I get that dude, that's completely understandable. I think the fact it's on a new generation of consoles will help it a lot—might make the experience more unique than before.

Plus, WWII's theatres were hugely diverse and games haven't explored a great deal of that. If this one does tread some of those areas a little deeper than others have before, that'd be great.

SliChillax

I want a proper sequel to Black Ops 2, I don't know what the fuck Black Ops 3 was. Cold war in general is an amazing setting.

nOoblet16

Definitely have my attention again. Used to buy these every year but the recent futuristic ones didn't do anything for me.

There's always going to be posts shitting on anything COD for being COD.

Except I wasn't shitting on it because it's COD. I've bought every COD for the past several years and I loved Infinite Warfare campaign. It's fine for this to be WW2 but I really hope this doesn't mean we don't get Infinite Warfare 2 or a new Black Ops that's set between cold war and present date.

Amazing to see people shitting on this for being the first WW2 CoD in almost 10 years. When's the last time you people played WaW? Great game don't get me wrong, but it should be pretty easy to figure out why people would want a game in that era on modern tech.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
13 year olds who will spend their parents'money on ammo boxes (or whatever it is that drives CoD revenue nowadays) were not born when the original Call of Duty was released. I think they'll do fine.

Aurelius

Last CoD game I bought was Modern Warfare, I love that they are returning to WW2. But I do hope the change it up a bit since I’ve played the D-Day landing too many times. Maybe some missions from the German perspective? Or a campaign featuring Operation Market Garden or the Ardennes offensive? Today is the anniversary of the St. Nazaire raid, that would make for a great British special ops mission! Anyway, it’s been a long time since I have been excited about a Call of Duty game.

Not Drake

I don't know if the name is super lazy or just too smart for me. Felt the same about Battlefield 1.

Either way I'm interested in the single player part of it. I'll grab it someday if it's good.

CoD2 was fantastic, so hopefully this will be too. Battlefield1 set a fairly high standard for them to exceed as far as warfare in that general era go, though obviously WW2 has more flexibility to the weaponry than WW1 did.

Top Bottom