• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: COD: Ghosts (2013) via PS3

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
81s8oLK-DPL.jpg

I literally don’t know how I didn’t play this game, I took some time to finish Ghosts’ campaign.

If you allow yourself to ignore the hate on the internet it’s a good campaign that you can finish in a weekend.

What the campaign does so well is it captures fear of losing your country so well, the badass ghosts characters are realistic. They’re 18 levels and most are over the top Hollywood glorified action scenes, not real war.

images

We’ve seen what Infinityward can do with modern warfare and to me they answered the call again with Ghosts.

If you want a healthy, challenging straight forward shooter this is the game, it's not about creative weapons, open world, finding quests.

What did GAF think of COD Ghosts?

It sold 28 million, and yet it’s torched by fans. Check out this article from 2013 on its week 1 success

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I hated ghosts at the time.
I replayed it year or two ago and... it was actually great. Kinda ends out of nowhere but the pacing is prime infinity ward. You constantly do something else. Embrace the craziness

Tsaki

>What did GAF think of COD Ghosts?
I hated the campaign; thought it was super dumb. Liked the Alien-Zombies mode; definitely much better than the original Zombies map of Black Ops 2 with the annoying bus. Multiplayer had excellent netcode and quite a few memorable maps. The greyed out artstyle was shit, coming after BO2, especially since it made the enemies blend into the environment and combined with the low TTK and aforementioned netcode meant you died too quickly without knowing where from.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Probably the least memorable single player CoD Campaign, including this year's.

The only thing I remember about it is that this was the one with the dog.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
I only played multi and MSBS was pure aimbot dropping KEM strikes
But it was a bad COD in terms of hit detection, maps and ttk

Sojiro

Never played the campaign,.and only played the MP (Wii U version) and I really liked ghosts. I like the maps in MP and the weapons, the only blemish was how fucking strong dogs were, those things were tanks and took you down instantly. Really fun game, maybe one of these days I will give the campaign a shot, but I typically steer clear of those in COD games.

Portugeezer

I hadn't enjoyed a COD campaign since Black Cops.

Ghosts didn't change that, but to be fair I barely touched it, I played mostly MP which was meh (maps were awful) and that alien extraction mode which was lacking.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Didnt play SP, but I bailed on MP fast. It was terrible with horrible maps. And that was after playing the 360 era CODs a ton. For me that era of Ghosts/AW/IW were bad IMO. It wasnt till BO 3 where I came back to playing MP again.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I liked the game, it was one of the last games I had on PS3.

It ran at 50-60 fps.

I would like to play one of the new CODs, but I don't know which one has the best campaign of the games from 2020 to 2022

havoc00

didnt play sp, MP was ok, was held back by some really shitty maps, extraction mode was cool

Last edited:
Hated the campaign. I think I abandoned it after the dumpy bad guy crashed the plane with no survivors.
It was so pretentious too. They were so proud of it being written by Stephen Gaghan, as anyone gave a shit about Syriana in 2013. Now he's (in)famous for directing that piece of shit Doolittle movie with RDJ...

Top Bottom