• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer Portugal: [retailer] Worten confirms it will sell GTA 5 for PS4

So you can't preorder any Xb1 games?

You can't. Worten is one of the bigger stores in the country (they sell a lot of crap) and they don't import machines and games, that's reserved for way smaller stores, mostly focused on games.
Until Microsoft releases the machine officially in Portuguese territory, the X1 (and games) doesn't exist to the big retailers.

To be honest, we're probably going to be one of the last countries to have the machine. Sony easily dominates the market, with Nintendo behind. It's a really small market for Microsoft, most people just don't care if it's not "Playstation" or "Nintendo".

Would be funny if sony scored a timed exclusivity for GTA6, while MS is busy with Titan Fall.

There is no way GTAVI would be exclusive. MS would have to end up with like a third of the PS4's sales if not less for them to ignore the system. I just don't see it

Pennywise

Well, if we're taking random stores' word about it, the czech one says it's PS4, XBone and PC, so make what you want from it.

No one said it's gonna be exlusive.
One person here said it would be exclusive because the X1 hasn't even launched in Portugal.

This pretty much confirms it was announced at Destination PlayStation. Hence a retailer would list the PS4 version only as of now, since Sony isn't going to announce a xbone version for MS or Rockstar to retailers.

So Watch Dogs is fucked regardless.

If the PC version of GTAV comes out before Watch Dogs then there is every possibility that there will be a watch dogs mod for GTAV before watch dogs comes out 0_0

Although PC version hasn't been confirmed yet either ugh

shut-up-and-take-my-money-gif.gif
So much this.

So god damned much this.

HarryKS

Hopefully, they'll do a PS3-PS4 pass over program for people who already acquired the PS3 version. $10.

NHale

Would be funny if sony scored a timed exclusivity for GTA6, while MS is busy with Titan Fall.

It's most likely not.

It's only exclusive for Worten in Portugal because the Xbox One is not available in Portugal. That's why they don't have the Xbox One version for pre orders.

This pretty much confirms it was announced at Destination PlayStation. Hence a retailer would list the PS4 version only as of now, since Sony isn't going to announce a xbone version for MS or Rockstar to retailers.

Destination Playstation is for retailers in SCEA region. Portugal is SCEE.

EL CUCO

You can't. Worten is one of the bigger stores in the country (they sell a lot of crap) and they don't import machines and games, that's reserved for way smaller stores, mostly focused on games.
Until Microsoft releases the machine officially in Portuguese territory, the X1 (and games) doesn't exist to the big retailers.

To be honest, we're probably going to be one of the last countries to have the machine. Sony easily dominates the market, with Nintendo behind. It's a really small market for Microsoft, most people just don't care if it's not "Playstation" or "Nintendo".

Thanks for the info. Makes more sense now.

GravyButt

I got a feeling theres going to be a lot of disappointment. Although I hope its true cuz my 360 busted right after the sub heist mission :(

Judging by the reactions from this thread(and my own), it doesn't bode particularly well that were all excited to revisit Los Santos, and yet the hype for Watch Dogs is still incredibly low. Sure, it'll probably be a fall title and I'm willing to bet they have something amazing to show off at E3, but for the time being... shit doesn't look too good for Ubi.

Consumer interest wise, of course.

Neiteio

Yep, I'd double-dip, on either a PC or PS4 version. I'm assuming the PS4 version can achieve a jump in framerate and smoothness comparable to the jump we saw from the PS3 version of GTA4 to the PC version.

I was halfway through GTA5 on PS3 before my PS3 had the YLOD and lost my save file.

(It was badass how my PS3 crashed, too -- I was Michael, dressed to the nines, walking around in the desert talking to my shrink on the phone, when a semi inexplicably flew by, chased by police, and the whole lot of them exploded in a huge fireball. I nonchalantly turned off the phone and strolled over to the flaming wreckage with that thuggish gait that is distinctly Michael's. As I arrived at the wreck, my PS3 grew as hot as the fire onscreen and went belly up, lol)

I've since replaced my PS3 but I haven't mustered the will to start playing GTA5 again -- mainly because I suspect a definitive edition is incoming. I miss Michael, Franklin and Trevor, so I hope a PS4 version is announced soon. It would quite possibly push me to get a PS4.

alba

Little is the new Big
Buying it if true. I didn't have a PS3 back when the game came out so I'd love for that to be happening.

SJRB

Gold Member
Judging by the reactions from this thread(and my own), it doesn't bode particularly well that were all excited to revisit Los Santos, and yet the hype for Watch Dogs is still incredibly low. Sure, it'll probably be a fall title and I'm willing to bet they have something amazing to show off at E3, but for the time being... shit doesn't look too good for Ubi.

Doubtful. Unless they both release within the same month it's hardly an "either/or" situation.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

I'm excited to play GTA V at a better framerate and to play WatchDogs as well. Both for me :)

PBY

Banned

come on man. a 3 page thread?

Personally, I really found myself bored by GTA V. Not even sure why I bought it, hated IV. I think im done with that kind of game.

I actually traded my copy in for bonus cash at Best Buy last year, so I'm already ready for another playthrough.

This would be their chance to make the online portion more than the misguided hot garbage I left to rot after the first week, but I'd personally rather they not bother and just release it sooner :p

I mean, provided this is actually a thing, obviously.

With a smooth framerate this will be one of the very best if not the very best open world driving game. Its got a great mix of traffic, road types and environments, weather, a full day/night cycle, the works.

I look forward to redoing the campaign, but its the open world driving for kicks that'll keep me going for a long long time to come.

Used to have this on the Xbox, but it went away along with the console. My brother is enjoying it nowadays, and I'm jealous :)

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I will double dip for full price if save files were transferable.

I will double dip for full price regardless. Besides not being able to use old save files would give me the incentive to play through the story again. In any case I can't ignore GTA V on dat remote play. I'm not only buying it full price. I'm buying the overpriced digital version just so I can play the game whenever I want with remote play on Vita.

Top Bottom