• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer Portugal: [retailer] Worten confirms it will sell GTA 5 for PS4

Socky

I'm hoping this is true. I've been holding out for a PS4 version. I've been pretty certain it would happen and was not willing to pay twice so either PS4 or cheapo PS3 copy will be mine. Someday...

MercuryLS

Banned
My dream version of GTAV:

- High res textures
- Really really far draw distance with almost no LOD (no pop-in / fade-in)
- Much faster initial load time
- High quality AA
- locked 60fps
- 1080p

If they can hit the above with the PS4 version I'm there day zero.

Cragvis

- High res textures
- locked 60fps
- 1080p

Also MUCH faster initial load time for the game. Waiting that 2+ minutes is annoying.

Much faster character switching as well as switching to your online character.

Amir0x

Banned
I just want my damn PC version, I literally traded my PS3 version back in after a few days because the framerate and aliasing was so bad. But if PS4 version comes first and is locked at an acceptable framerate and gets rid of the bulk of them jaggies, I may be in.

Teletraan1

Banned
Eh... The PS4 would have to be doing Wii like numbers AND the Xbone doing Wii U like numbers for that to happen.

The game has been out for a while. Late ports never sell what people expect them to sell. Rockstar still owes Sony a game and this might be a cheap way to do it. It wont happen but I think people are making too big a deal of this like it is the most important game release ever. Its not. It already sold a billion copies. Hardcore people who spend their time on Neogaf and buy every game 6 times to support developers from extinction from the AAA model except if the game is too short then they buy it on steam for $5 because fuck those other developers cause im down for my developers don't exist en mass.

- locked 60fps

this wont happen. Too many variables for locked 60 FPS and the draw distance can't be too vast since the PS4 CPU is crap

shandy706

I'd like to see this just for the thread.

sorry Xbox fans

Screw the Xbox (and I have an X1 too).

I normally don't get pissed with exclusives....never in fact...however, I want a PC version and the ability to mod it down the road. It would suck if my only other option is to get it on a PS4.

I'm not buying it for the X1 or PS4 unless they refuse me a PC version.

- High res textures
- Much faster initial load time
- High quality AA
- locked 60fps
- 1080p

I'm going to assume 30fps. And I won't mind the same initial load time (more stuff to load, right?), but any improvement is good.

Amir0x

Banned
I don't know what this is but the name has me curious. Is it some sort of weird Japanese dating sim?

Heh. It's a really strange little game that has a unique approach to storytelling. It has very little gameplay to speak of (actually it basically has none, it's more like an interactive little short) and it requires multiple playthroughs and multiple attempts at the story to try to see the whole picture. Each playthrough is super short, like 15 minutes or less.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
this wont happen. Too many variables for locked 60 FPS and the draw distance can't be too vast since the PS4 CPU is crap
Recent footage of Second Son has pretty huge draw distances with little pop in. Same with ACIV. You just need to get everything working well in parallel.

This is probably the closest guess yet. Though I'm pretty sure the only serious guess so far was the guy that said Red Dead. Which is a game I suppose is also in the same ballpark.

Gun
SR 1,2,4
Scarface the world is yours
The Godfather the game, The godfather II
Mafia I, II
GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, IV
Red Dead Revolver
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, Mercenaries 2
True Crime: Streets of LA, True Crime: New York City
The Getaway
The Simpsons Hit and Run
Sleeping Dogs

Never played the current gen GTAV, But I would get a ps4 version if it's true, Then again I said I would get it for 360 before it came out and didn't so pretty pointless post from me in truth.

ramuh

Really hope this is real too. Lol. Too many threads going on for me right now. Just fix pop-in and I don't even mind 30FPS.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Gun
SR 1,2,4
Scarface the world is yours
The Godfather the game, The godfather II
Mafia I, II
GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, IV
Red Dead Revolver
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, Mercenaries 2
True Crime: Streets of LA, True Crime: New York City
The Getaway
The Simpsons Hit and Run
Sleeping Dogs

One of those is correct.

liquidtmd

Banned
I just want Watch Dogs to have a date set by Ubi then Rockstar come out a say 'OK yeah, we'll release PS4/XB1 GTAV that day too'

FOR THE LULZ

DREYDUS

Banned
no thanks Already played the game on last gen- this will be a exact port with a graphics upgrade only

Release a PC version so I can take advantage of the free PC mods people will make & I am interested.

Until then...

TyrantII

Nothing crap about it if its used correctly and the game is threaded correctly.

Most games are still CPU bottlenecked because they're running one or two threads and offloading other small things instead of being efficiently distributed.

So sure, the CPU is crap if the coding isn't taking advantage of the strengths of 8 cores, but only 1...

Nothing crap about it if its used correctly and the game is threaded correctly.

Most games are still CPU bottlenecked because they're running one or two threads and offloading other small things instead of being efficiently distributed.

So sure, the CPU is crap if the coding isn't taking advantage of the strengths of 8 cores, but only 1...
thnx for the explanation.

DrkSage

Would be funny if Sony pulled a MS+EA with R*

On topic: I didn't buy the ps3 version cause I knew this was and its going happen :)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Would be funny if Sony pulled a MS+EA with R*

On topic: I didn't buy the ps3 version cause I knew this was and its going happen :)

Well the ps3 exclusive agent never happened so maybe this might make up for that. Hopeful thinking

It's rather weird to read comments saying that Rockstar should release a GTA V version for the new generation just before Watch Dogs comes out just to troll them. I dunno about you guys, but Ubi's game is a new IP and it might just turn out to be really good. And if they do come out on the same day or withing weeks of each other, I would likely buy Watch Dogs first just because it's new and I've already finished GTA V on the PS3.

Alchemy

Skipped the game on current gen because I'm not huge into GTA, but if I don't have anything to play around with my on PS4 when this releases I'd pick it up.

Piggus

People expecting 60 fps are going to be disappointed. This engine puts too much stress on the CPU with huge variations in performance depending on what's going on. And consider the fact that this game was not built from the ground up for x86 CPUs, well... Let's just say it's probably not even going to run at a consistent 60 fps even on high end PC CPUs.

Well the ps3 exclusive agent never happened so maybe this might make up for that. Hopeful thinking

Well there was no mention of an Xbone version in the original config file (that contained mentions of PC and PS4) and most subsequent rumors have just stated PS4. With the way sales are going for both systems it's entirely possible.

creyas

In if there's a 10-15 eur upgrade option. Beat it once on PS3.

If it actually was ~60fps i'd just buy it. No way it is.

why would you hope that pc/xbox one people miss out on this ?

Will drop pants for Sony.

I'd love it. Certainly hope PC wouldn't though.

Top Bottom