• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

european repair company halts repairs of 360s. says problem is endemic

vdo

Tieno said:
http://i10.tinypic.com/66jo6dz.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i17.tinypic.com/52m3mft.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hey, come on! You saw the article. This isn't like the other electronics people buy. There's [I]500 million transistors[/I] in there. That's a problem just waiting to happen. How can you expect them to keep track of every single one of those?

dfyb

Banned
wonder what their slogan will be after it surpasses 50% failure rate and they can no longer claim "most 360 users.." etc.

Tieno

dfyb said:
wonder what their slogan will be after it surpasses 50% failure rate and they can no longer claim "most 360 users.." etc.
Isn't that quote talking about the game experience? At least that's how I interpret it, cause the games are pretty awesome. If they refer to the hardware experience than that quote is even sadder.

koam

jmdajr said:
My 2nd 360 has lasted me almost 2 years now.

My first 1 died because I put the power brick next to it. Yes, that machine needs some EXTRA care. I'm afraid to even move it.

To be fair, when my 1st machine broke, I got a new one in less than a week.

Outside of that I, the only other console I had problems with was the Playstation1

pre-launch consoles usually last longer... i have no words, if you're going to lie, don't make it obvious.

dfyb

Banned
Tieno said:
Isn't that quote talking about the game experience? At least that's how I interpret it, cause the games are pretty awesome. If they refer to the hardware experience than that quote is even sadder.
i always see it paired with comments on hardware issues. it'd be sorta wierd for a company to say "most people who own our product enjoy it..."

HokieJoe

I still don't understand Micromart's relationship with repairing 360's. The article stated:

While Micromart is not an officially authorized Xbox 360 repair service, Next-Gen contacted the firm for further information regarding its decision to withdraw the repair service.

So what are they exactly, a private outfit who specializes in such tasks; or a subcontractor for a bigger repair house? If they aren't an authorized repair service, then do people pay them for the repairs? If they pay them for the repairs, then why couldn't they repair the consoles in keeping with Lawdog's or RB's method?

Top Bottom